Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Beasts alignment with the inhumans was particularly dumb. He was able to show how the T-Cloud could be be contained in IvX 0 as he kept a sample of it in a container. However, the Inhumans preferred the cloud to roam and his solution was to get mutants to leave the planet and let the mist bond with the land, water and air making the planet forever uninhabitable to mutants.

That and he's on Genocide number 5 now?

1. Phalanx
    2. Ghost Boxes
    3. Secret Invasion: X-Men
    4. Secret Avengers
    5. Percys X-Force

I feel like I missed one.
    You'll have to remind me what the Secret Avengers one was.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    You'll have to remind me what the Secret Avengers one was.

He created a radioactive bomb that killed everyone in an underground city

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think my argument still holds though. Maybe what she did before was more "righteous" but again, how can someone obsessed with power accept a kingdom that is not seeing her as a salvation? It was the first time in her journey to gain absolute power where civilians did not wanted to be freed by her...and her response was violence. It does make sense to me. I think her self-image was that of a "kind good ruler freeing the people" but the most important aspect of her character was her intention to achieve re-controlling her family's legacy. She shouted it several times throughout the series.

I think her white womanhood softened her aristocratic depotism but in the end, she was always just a white savior on a mission to gain power. Her absolute entitlement makes a very shitty person in the first place.
    Thats not what happned. Dany went mad after the bells were rung. Her army won with very little bloodshed. The bells were KL's white flag, agreeing to surrender and accept her and that happened with very little effort. She went mad and completely flipped, choosing to destroy the city and nearly everyone in it. That was completely OOC for her. Nothing in the past suggested that she would retaliate to murdering a bunch of innocents, and burning down the city she had been journeying to rule for years. I've read the things posted in this thread but that was a complete leap from anything she had ever done. Even mentally she wasnt the same. The intention was to draw paralels to the mad king and her apparing as an insane mad woman that's acting without logic or reason. There's nothing you can cite to that would tell me that this was who she always was throughout the series. Yes she killed before but it was almost always justified as it was evil people who had done wrong to her or others. There was absolutely no justification for what she did in the finale
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-30-2024 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

He created a radioactive bomb that killed everyone in an underground city
    Oh I hadn’t heard about this one. Is that part of Remember’s Secret Avengers or when he got involved with the Incursions in Hickman’s? I’ve never picked up Remember’s, but always found it peek hypocrisy that Hank cussed out Scott for creating X-Force, and then joined an Avengers version of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh I hadn’t heard about this one. Is that part of Remember’s Secret Avengers or when he got involved with the Incursions in Hickman’s? I’ve never picked up Remember’s, but always found it peek hypocrisy that Hank cussed out Scott for creating X-Force, and then joined an Avengers version of the team.
    It's when Warren Ellis took over the Secret Avengers book, same as Astonishing X-Men.

My opinion is that Percy did go too far. It wasn't the scene where Beast decapitates Wolverine even though that was wild... but with the resurrection protocols the mutants do not take death that seriously but Beast attempting to kill that girl that either had cancer or had recovered from cancer just because he needed rid of her because he had blackmailed her dad, that was too far.

I think back to that brief Astonishing run that Matt Rosenberg wrote where it seemed like he was trying to rehab Beast and that should have been the direction. Beast has been in the darkness too long. They just keep going harder and harder and it just wasn't the right way to go. When the writers have characters say that Beast is worse than Dark Beast then that is too far. Or when other characters like Nightcrawler say Beast has no morals. I just don't see what these stories served other than destroying a beloved member of the 05. It just lacks imagination imo.

But we've seen the character assassination of many characters over the years: Maddie Pryor, Bishop, Forge, Emma Frost (didn't Emma lead to mass deaths of Imhumans and the actions that made people call Cyclops the mutant Hitler was actually her actions - someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It is just annoying. But Beast is sort of fixed now by reverting him to even pre-X-factor. They've taken most of the characters history and thrown it out. I assume eventually it will get fixed or that it will just be ignored.

Even they had been truly brave they wouldn't have had Beast over X-force, he wouldn't have been a huge immoral hypocrite and he would have been right (when it comes to helping Cyclops see how far he had fallen during those dark years). I feel the way about them setting Beast vs Wolverine. There is no way Beast is coming out well when they keep placing him against the most popular dudebro characters (characters in which the majority of fans and creators identify).

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    My opinion is that Percy did go too far. It wasn't the scene where Beast decapitates Wolverine even though that was wild... but with the resurrection protocols the mutants do not take death that seriously but Beast attempting to kill that girl that either had cancer or had recovered from cancer just because he needed rid of her because he had blackmailed her dad, that was too far.

I think back to that brief Astonishing run that Matt Rosenberg wrote where it seemed like he was trying to rehab Beast and that should have been the direction. Beast has been in the darkness too long. They just keep going harder and harder and it just wasn't the right way to go. When the writers have characters say that Beast is worse than Dark Beast then that is too far. Or when other characters like Nightcrawler say Beast has no morals. I just don't see what these stories served other than destroying a beloved member of the 05. It just lacks imagination imo.

But we've seen the character assassination of many characters over the years: Maddie Pryor, Bishop, Forge, Emma Frost (didn't Emma lead to mass deaths of Imhumans and the actions that made people call Cyclops the mutant Hitler was actually her actions - someone correct me if I'm wrong).

It is just annoying. But Beast is sort of fixed now by reverting him to even pre-X-factor. They've taken most of the characters history and thrown it out. I assume eventually it will get fixed or that it will just be ignored.

Even they had been truly brave they wouldn't have had Beast over X-force, he wouldn't have been a huge immoral hypocrite and he would have been right (when it comes to helping Cyclops see how far he had fallen during those dark years). I feel the way about them setting Beast vs Wolverine. There is no way Beast is coming out well when they keep placing him against the most popular dudebro characters (characters in which the majority of fans and creators identify).
    The big thing Emma did while pretending to be Scott that had everyone calling him Hitler and hating mutants was neutralizing one of the Terrigen clouds.

I’m wondering if the original plan was something like changing the properties of the cloud made it poisonous to humans and it killed a bunch of people, which might explain all the hatred, but who knows.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Did George R.R Martin intimate to the show producers/writers that ultimately this was on the cards in the unreleased books or did they independently cook up their own scenario? Anyone know the scoop?
    Yes, GRRM told them how the series ended and the fates of certain characters, so Dany was always going to burn down King’s Landing.

How it happens in the books, and how Dany reaches that point, will probably be very different though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Yes, GRRM told them how the series ended and the fates of certain characters, so Dany was always going to burn down King’s Landing.

How it happens in the books, and how Dany reaches that point, will probably be very different though.
    yeah, the explanation of why she does it makes a HUGE difference.

I’m wondering if the original plan was something like changing the properties of the cloud made it poisonous to humans and it killed a bunch of people, which might explain all the hatred, but who knows.
    I dont think there was an original plan. I think I recall some writers expressing frustration in that era regarding wrting a plotpoint that they were unaware of

The big thing Emma did while pretending to be Scott that had everyone calling him Hitler and hating mutants was neutralizing one of the Terrigen clouds.

I don't hold IvX against either franchise. I hope Marvel leaves it buried and never brings it up again, everyone looked bad in that "fight."
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

Emma did nothing of the sort in DoX. The editors dropped the ball because they kept hyping up some horrible thing Cyclops did and when push came to shove it turns out Emma saved mutantkind by destroying a cloud in Scotts name. The writers had no idea what the plan was it seems. The same goes for the Inhumans who sat by and watched at minimums hundreds of mutants die and once again the writers realised they went too far it was too late to change course. It was concretely established that Medusa knew full well and didn't give a **** what happened to mutants.

It must have gotten heavy editorial interference because it sounds like the story the writer was trying to tell was something to do witt Scott and Emma. Which you can see glimpses of in Havoks speech but the entire story looks like it was overhauled to the point where it makes no sense. A person who wrote the story from start to finish would not make such glaring mistakes within their own contained script.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-30-2024 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    technically #3 isn't genocide.... it's regular mass-murder.
    A weapon (virus) specifically engineered to target a species DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't hold IvX against either franchise. I hope Marvel leaves it buried and never brings it up again, everyone looked bad in that "fight."
    No one looked worse than Marvel itself. They seriously thought that destroying a minority-killing toxic gas cloud made someone Hitler? Or that the public would buy into that narrative? I still have trouble believing something that stupid could have happened, and that multiple people signed off on something that stupid to this day. Because that is "forgot how to breathe" levels of stupid.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It wasn't released onto the Skrull homeworld, so wiping out a species or a culture wasn't part of it. Plus, IIRC the idea was to hold the cure over them to end the invasion, but the commander chose death for his entire force for them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Yes, it's a bio-weapon, but a bio-weapon that is not being deployed in an effort to kill the entire race.