Thread: Marvel Rivals

Default Marvel Rivals

New Marvel game just got announced

You can sign up for the upcoming playtest here
    https://www.marvelrivals.com/
    Last edited by Galerion; 03-27-2024 at 05:57 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

A girl Galactus? Let's see what this is all about....

Galacta is apparently the daughter of Galactus.

What a terrible idea/character. I'm just going to assume that this character was created in the 2010s?

Marvel, Grandmaster was sitting right there. Champion was sitting right there. Yet you reached into the 2010s Marvel's worst decade and dug out Galacta.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

And for those of us who like fun, it's nice to see Galacta again. She's a delight.

This is not really my type of game. But it looks fun if nothing else. The roster has some odd picks which is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    And for those of us who like fun,
    Wait for it.

it's nice to see Galacta again. She's a delight.
    Wait for it..

This is not really my type of game.
    There it is!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Wait for it.

Wait for it..

There it is!
    Yup. Really got me there. I have accidentally unveiled my inadequacy in commenting on the character selection here by intentionally mentioning that I'm not interested in the gameplay aspects of this game.

Clearly no human can be interested in a game's selection of characters for narrative and aesthetic purposes while also not having any interst in the gameplay of said game. Such a duality within one person is completely unheard of. Mankind was never meant to juggle a seperation of concepts so complex!

...they needed a reason to have all the heroes and villains duking it out. They could've picked any one of the usual cosmic villains, but they seemingly went with Galacta. Which I think is a fun oddball choice since Marvel is too cowardly to make her canon to 616 and she's only appeared in like 8 comics. I'm sorry you think her inclusion ruins the vibes of the game with the talking raccoon, super powered k-pop idol and various other quip-spouting super-people.

Extraordinary Member

Troy Baker is back!