Default Wonder Woman Villains vs. Other Heroes

Pretty sure we're all aware WW villains don't tend to be treated well once they step outside the WW book but thought it'd be interesting that if you had to write a story where a WW villain faces off against someone other than WW, who you pick and why?

We've had a few discussions on WW facing off against other DC villains, so thought asking the inverse would make an interesting discussion. I should note this isn't "giving a WW villain away to another character" like when Batman poaches Deathstroke or Superman takes Darkseid from their respective heroes. This is just if you think there'd be anything interesting to do.

Few from me:

Circe vs. Superman - Seems like a natural face off. Superman's infamously weak to magic and also doesn't really have many notable a-list female villains, so someone who is both of those would be interesting to see them trade off.

Dr. Poison vs. Batman - Honestly kind of shocked no one's done a Dr. Poison/Scarecrow team-up. Plus given how Bat-writers are hard set on moving all of Batman's female villains into either anti-hero or straight hero territory, having Bats go up against a female villain who is just unrepentantly evil bugnuts would be kind of refreshing.

Dr. Psycho vs. pretty much any female hero but I'd pick Black Canary for this case.

Queen Clea vs Aquaman - a no-brainer.

Cheetah vs Hawkman - they're both archeologists, so it seems like a natural fit. She's too powerful for him alone though, so he'll need help from Hawkwoman and the JSA. And Cheetah can team up with Lion-Mane (also an archeologist in some versions).

Villainy Inc vs Justice League - these ladies need some feats.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like the above mentioned ideas for Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Cheetah, & Villainy Inc. I'd also like to see:

Zara(Crimson Flame) & Minister Blizzard vs. Fire & Ice

Kung vs. Animal Man

Grail vs. Power Girl
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Queen Clea vs Aquaman - a no-brainer.
    I REALLLY want to know what Arthur thinks of the fact the Clea has on multiple occasions wielded the Trident of Poseidon as part of her plans.

that's NOT something Arthur normally lets out of his sight! Somehow Clea has it in her hands while fighting WW?

That has an implied story to it, but more so... Clea's involvement in the politics of Atlantis is also not delved into.

Cheetah vs Hawkman and Hawkgirl.

Circe vs Doctor Fate

Ares vs Superman

Hercules vs Superman

Zatanna vs White Magician

Blue Snowman vs Batman

Doctor Poison vs Batman

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Blue Snowman vs Fire and Ice would be hilarious.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Circe or Grail vs. Superman. Esp using the dominatrix aspect of things on him.

Cheetah vs. Vixen

Giganta vs. Flash

Hmmm I mean we've seen Supes have tussles with the Female Furies.... some of which weren't actually combat.... yeee.... Circe or Grail? oooh boy....

Devastation versus Superman, but with Deva in her child form, because I'd love to see how that image impacts Clark's psychological response. Devastation's strength and magical origins will certainly make her a worthy match for Superman, but will he refrain from defending himself, let alone go on the offensive against the "daughter" of Chronos?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I REALLLY want to know what Arthur thinks of the fact the Clea has on multiple occasions wielded the Trident of Poseidon as part of her plans.

that's NOT something Arthur normally lets out of his sight! Somehow Clea has it in her hands while fighting WW?

That has an implied story to it, but more so... Clea's involvement in the politics of Atlantis is also not delved into.
    This sounds like an obvious WW/Aquaman crossover with Clea as the big bad. So obviously we will never get it.

Hmm....This is kinda an obscure cut, but Vina Cling, an old Wonder Woman villain from the 40s. Her deal was being able to enter peoples dreams, torture people, and enslave them to do her will while they sleep.

I can see her making an interesting opponent for Dreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Devastation versus Superman, but with Deva in her child form, because I'd love to see how that image impacts Clark's psychological response. Devastation's strength and magical origins will certainly make her a worthy match for Superman, but will he refrain from defending himself, let alone go on the offensive against the "daughter" of Chronos?
    Will Deva successfully make a will save check to avoid being corrupted by Superman's charisma?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Hmm....This is kinda an obscure cut, but Vina Cling, an old Wonder Woman villain from the 40s. Her deal was being able to enter peoples dreams, torture people, and enslave them to do her will while they sleep.

I can see her making an interesting opponent for Dreamer.
    Damn, I just read about her:
    https://community.dcuniverseinfinite...58/242?page=13
    She is the New Teen Titans' Phobia + Freddy Kruger all rolled into one, and I want to see her come back (another forgotten WW villain with incredible potential)...