Thread: Is it just me?

Default Is it just me?

I didn't really love Gang War but is it just me or are Amazing, Ultimate, and Superior all just killing it the last few months? I had a bit of a backlog but catching up has been super fun. Is that the general consensus or just me?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReadMoreComics! View Post
    I didn't really love Gang War but is it just me or are Amazing, Ultimate, and Superior all just killing it the last few months? I had a bit of a backlog but catching up has been super fun. Is that the general consensus or just me?
    I mean mostly yes. Amazing has had something more of a divisive run at least according to some fans. I myself have not been its biggest fan. But it is a very popular book that sells well and has quite a few fans. Ultimate has been a universal success critically and from a monetary standpoint being number one with its first two issues. Superior while not as successful has done very well by critic's opinion and sells wise. I enjoy the latter two books the most, but there is I think a place for all fans of Spidey to have something to enjoy.

Ultimate and Superior are good. Amazing... sh*Tcanned that months ago and have no urge to pick up again until Wells is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Ultimate and Superior are good. Amazing... sh*Tcanned that months ago and have no urge to pick up again until Wells is gone.
    I haven't been a big fan of this run of Amazing either. Just the last 2 issues have been pretty good so far and actually feel like Spider-Man to me - even if superhero MJ is just kinda weird.

I think I'm just glad to see some good Spider books out there even if I'm not always loving the main title.

Astonishing Member

Amazing is the worst.

Zeb Wells, or whoever made the decisions in AMS are horrible. I just say...Paul.

Ultimate is killing it. I wasn't sure if they can repeat the greatness of the first USM, but right now I think they can.

Miles Morales is a good book, but I don't like the art. Good supporting cast, cool characters, but I can't decipher the fight scenes. Its hard to look at it.

The Spectacular Spider-Men from what I can tell out of 1 issue is fun, but redundant.

hell yea, fellow comic reader.

sadly, rise of the powers of X remains the best spidey book. Alas.

Astonishing Member

This is the worst run Amazing Spider-Man has ever had and I’m including Mackie/Byrne. The last two issues were readable instead of nonsense rage bait, which by comparison to 95% of the run makes them like look like Eisner winners. But in actuality, they’re just mid.

Ultimate is the definition of killing it. Top quality in all dimensions so far.

I’m not reading Superior.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    This is the worst run Amazing Spider-Man has ever had and I’m including Mackie/Byrne. The last two issues were readable instead of nonsense rage bait, which by comparison to 95% of the run makes them like look like Eisner winners. But in actuality, they’re just mid.

Ultimate is the definition of killing it. Top quality in all dimensions so far.

I’m not reading Superior.
    Haha - you know what? 2 competent issues of ASM probably tricked me into thinking it was good when compared to the rest of the run. I really like Carmen Garnero on the art for this story. Hope that it doesn't tie in to anymore stupid nonsense... But Rekrap may still show up in the next issue somehow.

I'm just going to throw out that anyone sleeping on Miles Morales right now... you shouldn't.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

BANNED

I haven't been reading this run of Superior and this run of ASM hasn't been for me, but Ultimate has been exciting so far and I'm enjoying it.

But don't let people being negative about ASM hamper your enjoyment. You like what you like.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I'm just going to throw out that anyone sleeping on Miles Morales right now... you shouldn't.
    I’m sorry but that electric sword … it’s way too much.

I can even accept something like Paul but that thing, it gives me nightmares.