Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-men base of operations

Hi all,

I’m looking forward to the new era of x-men but I was a bit sad that all the teams are US based. Of course I know the x-men are an American property but I was hoping to see them at least have some other bases.

Anyway, I wanted to ask, if you could choose three locations for the x-men to be based in, where would it be? Obviously real world I’m talking about so you can’t say Krakoa.

For me…

1. Canada
    2. Australian outback (hey, if you’re leaning toward nostalgia may as well go all in)
    3. Kenya, with storm in charge

And you?

Huddersfield, in an abandoned mill.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

eagle plaza?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Thunderbolts Mountain - They could access the old Champscraft and portal to Ogre and mutant Sonny Baredo.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I've been waiting to see the dangling plot about the Australian base be resolved, and I don't think there's any better time than now with characters like Trinary and Wiz Kid existing or in the foreground, and even Doug and Kitty are good with tech but never quite made it to the Outback. Heck, Cable and/Warlock might have something to contribute also if the computers are growing & changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Hi all,

I’m looking forward to the new era of x-men but I was a bit sad that all the teams are US based. Of course I know the x-men are an American property but I was hoping to see them at least have some other bases.

Anyway, I wanted to ask, if you could choose three locations for the x-men to be based in, where would it be? Obviously real world I’m talking about so you can’t say Krakoa.

For me…

1. Canada
    2. Australian outback (hey, if you’re leaning toward nostalgia may as well go all in)
    3. Kenya, with storm in charge

And you?
    I share the same frustration, I would like some variety in terms of locations. Not everything should be so US-centered.
    If it was up to me, HQs would be something like:

X-force: Australian Outback
    X-factor (mutant PR team): San Francisco/Utopia
    Marauders: Genosha (reconstructed)
    New Mutants: Hanói, Vietnam (with Karma as the new headmistress)
    X-Corps: São Paulo, Brazil (with Sunspot as the leader)
    Excalibur: London, UK
    Alpha Flight: Ottawa, Canada

Alaska sounds like an interesting place for a team, so I’d keep one of the X-men teams there.

It's possible some of the other teams (X-Force, X-Factor) will be based outside of the US. I'm hoping we get some news soon.

Right now I'm digging the flying X-Corps Island. I love the idea of a mobile base.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Real world locations:
    Paris
    Tokyo
    São Paulo

Marvel locations:
    Madripoor
    Wakanda
    The Savage Land

Cairo based X-men version of the Illuminati with Charles Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Amahl Farouk and Storm.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

All mutants who want it to live on Utopia, but out of the US waters.

Cyclops and his team resident there

Rogue and her team in the Australian Outback

Shadowkat and her team in Europe

X-Force secret base in Savage Land

X-Factor West Coast USA

NXY East Coast USA

Storm (and more) on Planet Arakko

Jean and the other former Phoenix hosts (Askani, Hope, Cuckoos) in WHR Krakoa.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    It's possible some of the other teams (X-Force, X-Factor) will be based outside of the US. I'm hoping we get some news soon.

Right now I'm digging the flying X-Corps Island. I love the idea of a mobile base.
    I really hope so. Right now I’m liking the teams all in different locations. I hope Logan and X-Force are based out of either Madripoor or the Savage Land.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I really hope so. Right now I’m liking the teams all in different locations. I hope Logan and X-Force are based out of either Madripoor or the Savage Land.
    I had always wished for a run where Wolverine operated out of Madripoor at least for a year or 2, even if it was to be away from the team(or teams). I always associate Madripoor with Logan and it's pretty much his Gotham.

X-Corps / Rescue Squads would be such an awesome thing to continue.

Like I'm sure all the X-Men have some kind of communication wrist band they can use and if X-Corps needs anyone in the region than they could be on the team for an arc or a few issues.

Such an awesome way to have a rotating cast with a good small core and get characters that dont get to shine get some spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I had always wished for a run where Wolverine operated out of Madripoor at least for a year or 2, even if it was to be away from the team(or teams). I always associate Madripoor with Logan and it's pretty much his Gotham.
    Well, it’s also possible he’s not on X-Force and just operating out of Madripoor in his solo book, and this era’s version of X-Force is operating out of someplace else. It already sounds like Mystique will be on the team, and possibly the leader, which I don’t see happening with Logan (or Cable) on the team honestly. But we’ll see I suppose.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I share the same frustration, I would like some variety in terms of locations. Not everything should be so US-centered.
    If it was up to me, HQs would be something like:

X-force: Australian Outback
    X-factor (mutant PR team): San Francisco/Utopia
    Marauders: Genosha (reconstructed)
    New Mutants: Hanói, Vietnam (with Karma as the new headmistress)
    X-Corps: São Paulo, Brazil (with Sunspot as the leader)
    Excalibur: London, UK
    Alpha Flight: Ottawa, Canada

Alaska sounds like an interesting place for a team, so I’d keep one of the X-men teams there.
    I love that line-up and the locations. And I like the notion of their being a PR team. I would also add one X-Men team in New York but not at Westchester but based at the Hellfire Club. I would also a team placed in Madripoor the Exiles.