Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Nationals pitcher and World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg has announced his retirement.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Nationals pitcher and World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg has announced his retirement.
    $105 million! Is this another Bonilla day thing every year?

Through 9 games so far this season, Mike Trout has 4 RBI. All 4 have come from solo homeruns. he has 5 runs scored, so he's scored once this season when not homering.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Through 9 games so far this season, Mike Trout has 4 RBI. All 4 have come from solo homeruns. he has 5 runs scored, so he's scored once this season when not homering.

-M
    Good luck with trying to singlehandedly get the Angels to win, Mike! He does that every year, and so far, it hasn't worked.

Tests show that Red Sox SS Trevor Story, who injured his shoulder trying to make a diving stop on a Mike Trout liner towards short, has a dislocated left shoulder and damage to the rim of the shoulder socket that will require surgery to repair. He will miss at least 6 months, so is out for at least the rest of the regular season (and without him the Sox already slim chances of making the post season are even slimmer). On the same day they also announced the only veteran starter in their rotation, Nick Pivetta, is going on the 15 day IL with an elbow flexor strain. The Sox, who started 7-3 on the opening west coast trip despite dire predictions for the season, had a big hill to climb to be competitive in a stacked AL East this year, and that hill just got steeper for them.

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

The fallout from Scott Boras terrible free agency season has begun. Jordan Montgomery, who was signed by the Arizona Diamondbacks in late March amid a soft free agent market, has fired Scott Boras as his agent and signed with Wasserman's Joel Wolfe and Nick Chanock.

-M

Ultimate Member

Boras is in the business to make a ton of money for himself, and his client, if necessary.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Nice!

I saw something the other day, I can't remember if it was a post or an article, about Iowa and MLB blackouts. Basically, all the teams that surround Iowa have blackouts, which is pretty crazy. Any truth to that?

There is some truth to this.
    Twins, White Sox, and Brewers games are not shown in my part of Iowa.
    I get Cardinals and Royals games on Bally Sports Midwest.
    Cubs games are on Marquee.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    The fallout from Scott Boras terrible free agency season has begun. Jordan Montgomery, who was signed by the Arizona Diamondbacks in late March amid a soft free agent market, has fired Scott Boras as his agent and signed with Wasserman's Joel Wolfe and Nick Chanock.

-M
    I wonder if other Boras clients like Blake Snell and Cody Bellinger will follow suit?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

I understand that there will be fewer rivalry games now than before; is that true, and if so, how do you feel about it?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I understand that there will be fewer rivalry games now than before; is that true, and if so, how do you feel about it?
    Well, the rivalries will still be there, i.e., Yankees-Red Sox, Phillies-Mets (playing a series in London) and Dodgers-Giants. Perhaps it won't be as much as in the good old days, but, they'll be around nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, the rivalries will still be there, i.e., Yankees-Red Sox, Phillies-Mets (playing a series in London) and Dodgers-Giants. Perhaps it won't be as much as in the good old days, but, they'll be around nevertheless.
    And the rivalries play best when its in the post-season anyways. It sometimes hard to get worked up over a rivalry game 2 weeks out of Spring Training when fans are still getting to know the roster of their own team let alone get worked up over who's on another team, and rivalry games are let downs when one of the two teams stinks out loud in the current season. Rivalry games are good when both teams are good and something is at stake in the game, or even if 1 team can play spoiler for the other if one is out of the race. I'd rather see fewer rivalry games and have them occur later in the season than more and have most of the be exercises in pointlessness that lessen the rivalry over time.

-M

Spencer Strider of the Braves has been lost for the season due to an arm injury.

Anybody notice the Yankees are the best team in baseball. And that is with Judge not really hitting yet and Cole on IR. If or when those two get back in form, they look like the team to beat. Soto has been everything they hoped he would be. He'll be asking for Shohei money next year. He won't get it, but that will be the asking price.

Out west, the Dodgers are on track for a record run season.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-14-2024 at 05:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Meanwhile, 10-4 Milwaukee has the best record in the NL while Pittsburgh is 11-5 after splitting a four game set with my Phillies over the weekend. Are the Bewers and Bucs the real thing or will reality catch up to them eventually?

Watched Padres-Dodgers from L.A. last night (Fathers won 6-3). I guess it's now standard operating procedure for the organist at Dodger Stadium to play strains from the U.S. opening of Sailor Moon and the original Godzilla theme when Shohei is at the plate, because I heard that again during the game.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-15-2024 at 05:19 AM.