Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    I don't know, Angels managed to win against the Sox when they had most of their best hitters available this season. Pirates couldn't manage a win against the Sox when all those hitters were out, so I think they might be worse than the Angels.

-M
    I still think we can do it, we can get to the worst record in MLB's history! All we need to do is try very hard.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Make that seven in a row for the Phils who blank Cincinnati 7-0. Ranger Saurez gave up just two hits over seven innings while Kody Clemens (yeah, Rocket’s kid) was the force on offense with two hits and three RBI’s while filling in for Bryce Harper who’s on maternity leave.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Reds looked rough last night.

May have a pretty long rain delay to start the game.
    Last edited by babyblob; 04-23-2024 at 04:52 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Max Fried just threw a 92 pitch Maddux to get the Braves 10 games over .500

Extraordinary Member

So far it seems as if Yamamoto is a bust. It remains to be seen whether he can actually pitch to MLB players, but it isn't looking good. Dodgers may eat it on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    So far it seems as if Yamamoto is a bust. It remains to be seen whether he can actually pitch to MLB players, but it isn't looking good. Dodgers may eat it on this one.
    It think it's still too early to tell if that's the case. If Yamamoto is still stinking up the joint say, a month from now, then I might change my mind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It think it's still too early to tell if that's the case. If Yamamoto is still stinking up the joint say, a month from now, then I might change my mind.
    Fair enough.

2 wins in a row against the Phlls. I will wait until this afternoon when we get the series win before I start the talk of smack to WPP
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    2 wins in a row against the Phlls. I will wait until this afternoon when we get the series win before I start the talk of smack to WPP
    Last night was particularly annoying. Spencer Turnbull threw six great innings, giving up just one run, then our bullpen, touted before the season as the best in baseball promptly **** the bed and cost us the game.

No matter, Zach Wheeler takes this hill this afternoon. I feel pretty good about our chances of earning a split.

All the divisions are surprisingly close, especially with some teams like the Guardians and Dodgers doing so well. The top three teams in every division are just one series from flipping positions.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Last night was particularly annoying. Spencer Turnbull threw six great innings, giving up just one run, then our bullpen, touted before the season as the best in baseball promptly **** the bed and cost us the game.

No matter, Zach Wheeler takes this hill this afternoon. I feel pretty good about our chances of earning a split.
    I have to admit I am worried with Wheeler being on the mound. But I am hoping he has an off day.

Well WPP your Phliilies are bashing My Reds 5-0 in the bottom of the 6th., Not looking good for the home team. But if they cant come back I will still take a split series agianst the Phil. That is not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Well WPP your Phliilies are bashing My Reds 5-0 in the bottom of the 6th., Not looking good for the home team. But if they cant come back I will still take a split series agianst the Phil. That is not a bad thing.
    I won’t say anything until the 27th out is recorded for the Reds because of how leery I am about our bullpen.

Addendum: Okay, it’s official, Phils win 5-0 for a split. I’m content.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-25-2024 at 12:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Cubbies in trouble. Bellinger collided with the outfield wall and broke a rib. No details on the length of his stay there.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Cubs are having a productive regular season, however, it's a long regular season in MLB so I'm not overreacting to the winning record with a high amount of regular season games left.
    https://noequipmentfitness.com/
    No Equipment Fitness is my Online Fitness website where you can purchase short no equipment workouts.