Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Am hyped at how my Reds did against The Phillies. I am happy at the good start the Reds are off to so far. What I enjoy about this team is that in the past when they were down they would just give up and say "Hey we are done." But last season and this season they are not giving up and are playing a full game. A good surprise that I am happy with.
    My extended family lives in Dayton and are all Reds fans, so I am always happy to see them do well.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Larry Luchino, who was the Red Sox team president for three World Series championships, has passed away.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    My extended family lives in Dayton and are all Reds fans, so I am always happy to see them do well.
    Do they ever go to Dragons games?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After starting the season 0-11, Bryce Harper went OFF last night, hitting three homers, including a seventh inning grand slam and drove in six in a 9-4 thumping of the Reds. Lost in Harper's one man demolition show, Spencer Turnbull, filling in for injured Taijuan Walker went five strong innings, allowing no runs on just three hits while fanning seven.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I dont know what they fed Harper before last nights game but Damn I want some. He went nuts on my poor Reds making them look like chumps. Good win for the Phillies.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

After a pretty long rain delay my Reds beat the Phillies 4-1. My Reds are off to a good 4-2 start as the Mets come to town this weekend.

After a pretty long rain delay my Reds beat the Phillies 4-1. My Reds are off to a good 4-2 start as the Mets come to town this weekend.
    That was a miserable slog of a game, and the only reason it was played at all, despite a near interminable rain delay was because the players on both teams wanted that day off. Well, once again, my Phillies look to have stumbled out of the gate, going 2-4 after the first week of the season. Zach Wheeler gave up three runs while the offense, other than a Kyle Schwarber homer, disappeared. Next up, the first road trip as the Phils spend the weekend in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That was a miserable slog of a game, and the only reason it was played at all, despite a near interminable rain delay was because the players on both teams wanted that day off. Well, once again, my Phillies look to have stumbled out of the gate, going 2-4 after the first week of the season. Zach Wheeler gave up three runs while the offense, other than a Kyle Schwarber homer, disappeared. Next up, the first road trip as the Phils spend the weekend in Washington.
    You guys should bounce back vs the Nats. They are not very good this year.

Aaron Judge woke from his slumber with an HR and then a game winning double in the 11th against the D-Backs. The Yanks are 6-1.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I'm curious how many of you tune in to listen to the game? Our braves radio team is a lot better than the TV team, so I find myself listening to the game more so than watching it.

I am a TWINS fan and their games are not shown on TV where I live in Iowa.
    So I listen to the radio broadcast on SIRIUSXM.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I am a TWINS fan and their games are not shown on TV where I live in Iowa.
    So I listen to the radio broadcast on SIRIUSXM.
    Nice!

I saw something the other day, I can't remember if it was a post or an article, about Iowa and MLB blackouts. Basically, all the teams that surround Iowa have blackouts, which is pretty crazy. Any truth to that?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Do they ever go to Dragons games?
    They have in the past but not in many years now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Well damn! After an amazing comeback win last night to Arizona, Spencer Strider looks to be out for the season and Max Fried is pitching like butt right now. Braves will just have to outscore every team
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Strider is already the fifth elbow casualty of the year and that includes Shane Bieber, MLBPA is pointing the finger at the shortened pitch clock

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Strider is already the fifth elbow casualty of the year and that includes Shane Bieber, MLBPA is pointing the finger at the shortened pitch clock
    I honestly can't see where the MLBPA has a leg to stand on with that claim. God knows I'm old enough to remember games being shorter in decades past without pitchers getting injured, besides, the clock was instituted mostly to stop the nonsense with batters constantly stepping out of the box to endlessly adjust their gloves, scratch their privates and so forth. Bottom line: the pitch clock ain't going away, at least not without owners demanding concessions from players.