Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Very enjoyable issue and I feel like it better showcased the size and might of Orchis than some of the X-books have. I was going to do a review thread but I'm under the weather and can't concentrate lol

I started getting the feeling that 3D Man is a double agent, especially when MODOK asked how the Avengers knew which facilities to hit. I think he might be feeding them the information.
    Hope you feel better soon!

It’s exciting that folks are enjoying McKay’s first step into the world of mutants. Hopefully it’s a good sign for things to come on his X-Men run!

Very enjoyable issue and I feel like it better showcased the size and might of Orchis than some of the X-books have. I was going to do a review thread but I'm under the weather and can't concentrate lol

I started getting the feeling that 3D Man is a double agent, especially when MODOK asked how the Avengers knew which facilities to hit. I think he might be feeding them the information.
    Hope you feel better!

Yeah, the more they laid it on thick about 3D Man the more I think he's working on the inside to sabotage Orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Hope you feel better soon!

It’s exciting that folks are enjoying McKay’s first step into the world of mutants. Hopefully it’s a good sign for things to come on his X-Men run!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hope you feel better!

Yeah, the more they laid it on thick about 3D Man the more I think he's working on the inside to sabotage Orchis.
    Thank you both!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I hope you get better soon JB!

I also very much enjoyed Avengers #12 and I was impressed how seamlessly MacKay waved it into both his ongoing Avengers story as well as the wider Fall of X mutant context.

If he's not a Double Agent then he needs to be stripped of the 3-D Man identity and have it given back to the Chandler Family! Hal could be the 3-D Kid!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Other than readers not liking that the character is working with MODOK and Orchis, nothing in this story hints at all that he is a double agent. While it might be a relief for people who like him it would be a big cheat by the writer. I would not be surprised if Mackay will set up a handful of minor villains who will end up forming a new team to oppose the Avengers.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was Nice. I enjoyed the Issue.

Nice to see the Avengers step up.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Other than readers not liking that the character is working with MODOK and Orchis, nothing in this story hints at all that he is a double agent. While it might be a relief for people who like him it would be a big cheat by the writer. I would not be surprised if Mackay will set up a handful of minor villains who will end up forming a new team to oppose the Avengers.
    I know nothing about the character other than what people have said in this thread. It's my first time reading him. But these seemingly innocent exchanges raised an eyebrow for me.

If he is a double agent I wouldn't be surprised if MODOK is starting to figure it out and is waiting for final confirmation. I could see a scenario where MODOK is about to attempt to take 3D-Man out and the Avengers save him just in time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

The next panel is 3D-Man telling MODOK (and the readers) that Black Panther has infiltrated their systems, and everything else in this story shows him speaking and reacting as if he is completely on MODOKs side and trying to anticipate what the Avengers are doing and what their best plan of counter attack is. At no point does it look like the Avengers might lose this so 3D-Man convincing MODOK to assault the Impossible City does not serve as a way of removing an obstacle from the Avenger's path to victory. Everything about it shows it to be something that might stop them.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I thought the very same thing after reading it. One action-packed issue in and so much damage to Orchis was done, with a smart cliff-hanger for issue 13
    Whereas from what I've read here in the previews and spoilers on Twitter a lot of page space and time is spent in quippy posturing. The writing in Avengers and X-Men is night and day and light years away from each other.

I never thought I'd be more invested in tie-in issues and a weekly serial that has nothing to do with FoX than the actual X-books dedicated to FoX but...here I am.

Hope you're feeling better Sibz...mentally sending you thoughts (via Betsy) of warm ginger and turmeric tea spiced with cloves and cinnamon and a teaspoon of honey.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-04-2024 at 09:55 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cosigning everyone who thinks 3D Man is secretly feeding intel to the Avengers. Those exchanges with M.O.D.O.K. where M.O.D.O.K. is questioning how the Avengers have accomplished as much damage as they've done to Orchis's operations and strongholds cannot just be coincidence, even accounting for Black Panther and his maximum hacking skills. That said, I am amused that the Avengers have done far more to hurt Orchis in such a short time compared to the mutants (formerly) of Krakoa, though in their defense, Orchis did hack their miracle medicines and set them up so any human who took them would be driven violently insane or to kill themselves upon a signal sent by Orchis through those medicines, threatening mass human deaths that could and would be blamed on mutants if any of them dared show themselves in public.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The problem with 3D man being a mole is that we lose the antagonist. Then we are back on goons and MODOK. Delroy has ties to these guys, there are stuff to write about, he knows their tactics and personalities. So as much as I want him to be a mole I find myself questioning how it serves the story.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The problem with 3D man being a mole is that we lose the antagonist. Then we are back on goons and MODOK. Delroy has ties to these guys, there are stuff to write about, he knows their tactics and personalities. So as much as I want him to be a mole I find myself questioning how it serves the story.
    Ultimately it's a tie-in that seems to mostly serve as a taste of what Mckay is gonna bring to X-men.

Delroy isn't needed as a big bad, it's a short 2 parter ahead of Mckay's Avengers event

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hmm, maybe you're onto something there. I could agree that perhaps we should have more nonmutant superheroes who are at least somewhat uneasy about or around mutants, though would any of them be so uneasy that they could logically and believably find themselves joining, supporting, or otherwise countenancing a flat-out genocidal campaign like Orchis and still be able to consider themselves or be considered heroes?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Ultimately it's a tie-in that seems to mostly serve as a taste of what Mckay is gonna bring to X-men.

Delroy isn't needed as a big bad, it's a short 2 parter ahead of Mckay's Avengers event
    But the inclusion of Delroy must mean something to the story. If he is the mole then what is he setting up? He was given more authority but he used that authority to direct sentinels towards avengers city. There hasn’t been teased any specific opportunity for him to use for the Avengers benefit, even the BP thing seems to be just BP being BP.