Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Poor 3D Man.
    horrible. pretty awful and disrespectful.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't get what's so horrible or disrespectful. He wouldn't be the first super human who sided with the enemy and spied on his associates for whatever personal gain they might have promised. It's best Jed used a D-list character for this role rather than someone more popular and liked.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't get what's so horrible or disrespectful. He wouldn't be the first super human who sided with the enemy and spied on his associates for whatever personal gain they might have promised. It's best Jed used a D-list character for this role rather than someone more popular and liked.
    Have you read Busiek’s Avengers run? If not do it, it’s top quality. One of my favorite runs, top 10 material.

Triathlon/3D-man plays an important part there and this reads like a big difference. Every character is someone’s favorite. I hope this turns out to be a misdirection.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Characters' motivations change according to the writers' intent. When last was he active as superhero? Being someone's fave has never exempted them from being used in an unpopular way or written badly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Atlantis Attacks, I think, when the New Agents of Atlas teamed up with the old Agents of Atlas - it was in one of the previous Agents of Atlas books that he changed his name to 3-D Man upon joining the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Characters change and grow, yes.

But this isn't growth.

We never knew 3-D Man was involved until this very issue. So it's not growth. It's character assassination by cameo, if he's not a double agent.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Cosigning everyone hoping 3-D Man/Triathlon is really a double agent Firestar managed to slip in through M.O.D.O.K., though seeing the Avengers (finally) take the fight to Orchis and take a stand with and for their mutant friends/allies is still very welcome and long overdue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So I guess Mackay took it personally when he killed Crusader in Secret Invasion, huh?

WTF Delroy!?!?!?!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

Kind of ironic how he can see the threat of skrulls, mutants and Avengers, but apparently missed the threat of Orchis, or more specifically its robot leaders whose plan is for the machines to win, so they want to kill not just mutants but also humans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Aww, is 3D man a villain now ? I don't follow much of Avengers.
    But why would he work with Orchis opposites other former avenger liasons aka Gyrich...?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Ah, Jed MacKay dips his toes into mutant affairs! I'm looking forward to reading this - and also understanding what sort of connective tissue there might be between Avengers and X-Men going forward since Brevoort hinted it's not a coincidence they have the same writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Secret Avengers? Is that the Steve/Hercules/Pietro/Kate/Hazmat team that's been announced for the Blood Hunt issues?

Just remembered something. Firestar was on the same Avengers team as Triathlon. Too bad he says he was recruited by MODOK, because otherwise we could consider the possibility of her recruiting him as another inside spy.
    Maybe Delroy is one of the "Secret Avengers" Carol is talking about.
    I still want to trust MacKay.

He made a huge mistake, murdering Crusader. But that didn't magically turn him into a bigot who would take an offer from freakin MODOK.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Hated Triathlon. I hope they bury that fool.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Hated Triathlon. I hope they bury that fool.
    I didn't care for him until he became the new 3-D Man, then I thought he was way cooler. He did become rather useless when the Skrull invasion ended.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume