Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Maybe Delroy is one of the "Secret Avengers" Carol is talking about.
    I still want to trust MacKay.

He made a huge mistake, murdering Crusader. But that didn't magically turn him into a bigot who would take an offer from freakin MODOK.
    I really hope that 3D Man is a "Secret Avenger" and just waiting for his moment to turn the tables on Orchis. I think people that don't like him haven't read any of his appearances since his early days when he was called Triathlon.

Astonishing Member

I read his early appearances, so annoying. I hate his later self too.
    Last edited by D.Z; 03-29-2024 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    I read his early appearances, so annoying. I hate his later self too.
    Congrats. Your opinion doesn't negate everyone else's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Congrats. Your opinion doesn't negate everyone else's.
    Then what's the point of even having an opinion?

Astonishing Member

I don't deal in opinions, only facts.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I didn't care for him until he became the new 3-D Man, then I thought he was way cooler. He did become rather useless when the Skrull invasion ended.
    Same. I liked him more when he became 3-D Man. Shame they stopped using him after Secret Invasion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Atlantis Attacks, I think, when the New Agents of Atlas teamed up with the old Agents of Atlas - it was in one of the previous Agents of Atlas books that he changed his name to 3-D Man upon joining the team.
    It was in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE when Delroy changed identities from Triathlon to 3-D Man, when he 'graduated' from Camp Hammond and was assigned to be a team leader for one of the 50 States teams.

You are right that the ATLANTIS ATTACKS mini is the last time he turned up until now though.

Like many others in the thread, I expect that Delroy is going to turn out to be a spy for the Avengers in Orchis. When Triathlon first joined the Avengers he was advocating against bigotry and discrimination, both as a black superhero AND as a member of the Triune Understanding religious organization. While its certainly not impossible for a member of an oppressed minority group to end up being bigoted themselves, I just don't see it as likely for Delroy to have such strong anti-mutant attitudes. Jed MacKay has a great track record towards showing love and respect towards under-used and obscure characters, so I would be very surprised if he were to pull Delroy out of limbo just to have him heel-turn into an anti-mutant bigot working with a genocidal fascist organization with no previous on-panel groundwork to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It was in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE when Delroy changed identities from Triathlon to 3-D Man, when he 'graduated' from Camp Hammond and was assigned to be a team leader for one of the 50 States teams.

You are right that the ATLANTIS ATTACKS mini is the last time he turned up until now though.

Like many others in the thread, I expect that Delroy is going to turn out to be a spy for the Avengers in Orchis. When Triathlon first joined the Avengers he was advocating against bigotry and discrimination, both as a black superhero AND as a member of the Triune Understanding religious organization. While its certainly not impossible for a member of an oppressed minority group to end up being bigoted themselves, I just don't see it as likely for Delroy to have such strong anti-mutant attitudes. Jed MacKay has a great track record towards showing love and respect towards under-used and obscure characters, so I would be very surprised if he were to pull Delroy out of limbo just to have him heel-turn into an anti-mutant bigot working with a genocidal fascist organization with no previous on-panel groundwork to justify it.
    It is a leap and while I don't put it beyond marvel I certainly hope that it's beyond Mackay. The part that is worrying me is that the book needs an intersting antagonist and Delroy fits that mold in one regard since he has previous relationships with most of the members on the Avengers team. At the same time his powers certainly doesn't make him a match for most of them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So I guess Mackay took it personally when he killed Crusader in Secret Invasion, huh?
    Understandable. That was just f***ed up. Crusader was on their side, fighting for Earth's and humanity's freedom, not for the Skrulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Kind of ironic how he can see the threat of skrulls, mutants and Avengers, but apparently missed the threat of Orchis, or more specifically its robot leaders whose plan is for the machines to win, so they want to kill not just mutants but also humans.
    All organic life on Earth --- mutant, human, superhuman alike. As Nimrod himself put it in Fall of the House of X #3, Orchis was just classic "divide and conquer" B.S., man and mutant pitted against each other for stewardship of Earth's destiny, unknowing and heedless of the machines that would eradicate them both for the sake of ascending to Dominion.

Maybe Delroy is one of the "Secret Avengers" Carol is talking about.
    I still want to trust MacKay.

He made a huge mistake, murdering Crusader. But that didn't magically turn him into a bigot who would take an offer from freakin MODOK.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Hmm, very good and valid points there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I hope he's a double agent, and that it's not the usual "let's screw up D-listers" move. That would be disappointing from MacKay.
    Yeah, I can't see him doing that. I didn't care for Triathlon, but when he became 3-D Man 2, I liked him a lot better.

Yeah unfortunately Del became a bit kill-happy when it came to the Skrulls.

I really hope he is a plant and not really anti-mutant.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

I miss Vision being Magneto's son-in-law.

Also, I'm cosigning Dermie views on Delroy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Yeah unfortunately Del became a bit kill-happy when it came to the Skrulls.

I really hope he is a plant and not really anti-mutant.
    Didn't he join the Skrull Kill Krew for a bit?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Anyone read the issue today, it was entertaining and nice to see the Avengers heavy hitters curbstomp those Orchis goons and rescuing mutants prisoners and well 3D man is just being a petty *******. issue ends with the a fleet of Stark Sentinels going after the Avengers homebase why they are away.

Very enjoyable issue and I feel like it better showcased the size and might of Orchis than some of the X-books have. I was going to do a review thread but I'm under the weather and can't concentrate lol

I started getting the feeling that 3D Man is a double agent, especially when MODOK asked how the Avengers knew which facilities to hit. I think he might be feeding them the information.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!