Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    I can do you one even better. A video!

Thank you!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Pretty enjoyable issue, and for someone who read the -1 issue that introduced Proto-Goblin, it's fun to see DeMatteis once again utilizing forgotten characters and bringing them back -- and expertly, as well! The main surprise for me was seeing Protogoblin essentially still in his right mind; I assumed he'd be a hulking, mindless monster living in the sewers or something based on how the -1 issue ended. But obviously it was also a surprise to see who the real mastermind of this mini is -- has the death of this person been debunked in past stories, or is this the first time we've seen SPOILERS alive and well?

Can't wait for next issue!

-Pav, who hopes JMD keeps getting to put out these Spidey miniseries...
    JMD is pretty much incapable of writing a mindless monster type of villain, I think. He tries to write all of his villains with some degree of humanity and the potential for redemption (maybe not Kraven, but usually). But yeah, I agree. Dematteis has always been a gem in the industry and he has so much heart in his writing.

Another poster wrote about JMD's Peter (and Ben, too) has a willpower and humanity to him that a lot of the modern depictions of Spidey lack and I agree. I grew up with his take on our Spider-Men and while Peter was nerdy and made jokes, underneath that was a guy that would never give up, who would take on guys much bigger and stronger than him, would endure the worst tragedies life had to throw at him and he just wouldn't give in. He'd keep fighting and he'd find a way to survive and even thrive. There's a grit and a toughness to Peter that I love in his stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    JMD is pretty much incapable of writing a mindless monster type of villain, I think. He tries to write all of his villains with some degree of humanity and the potential for redemption (maybe not Kraven, but usually). But yeah, I agree. Dematteis has always been a gem in the industry and he has so much heart in his writing.

Another poster wrote about JMD's Peter (and Ben, too) has a willpower and humanity to him that a lot of the modern depictions of Spidey lack and I agree. I grew up with his take on our Spider-Men and while Peter was nerdy and made jokes, underneath that was a guy that would never give up, who would take on guys much bigger and stronger than him, would endure the worst tragedies life had to throw at him and he just wouldn't give in. He'd keep fighting and he'd find a way to survive and even thrive. There's a grit and a toughness to Peter that I love in his stories.
    I agree with this completely. Even when I see how savage Proto Goblin is on the cover of #4, I know that Spidey is going to find a way to rally against him and pull out a win. Now I originally was going to slam a different book where Spider-man dosen't win quite so much or comes off as much of a winner or a compelling character in general. But I think i will stay positive and say this mini-series looks amazing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I agree with this completely. Even when I see how savage Proto Goblin is on the cover of #4, I know that Spidey is going to find a way to rally against him and pull out a win. Now I originally was going to slam a different book where Spider-man dosen't win quite so much or comes off as much of a winner or a compelling character in general. But I think i will stay positive and say this mini-series looks amazing.
    Yeah, the first issue was good and I'm trying to celebrate the stuff I like, rather than dwell too much on the stuff I don't.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, the first issue was good and I'm trying to celebrate the stuff I like, rather than dwell too much on the stuff I don't.
    Exactly! Spending so much time on the negative, means you don't have enough time to spend on what's positive.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Exactly! Spending so much time on the negative, means you don't have enough time to spend on what's positive.
    Very much cosigned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.