Default Oldest thing you own/Thing you’ve owned the longest

They can be one and the same, but if they aren’t, share both w. us.

Oldest thing I own is a beat up old 1889 penny. I found it about fifteen years ago and keep it in my wallet as a good luck charm.

Thing I’ve owned the longest is my first ever weightlifting belt I bought when I was sixteen back in high school so, had it for forty years now. My son got me a high speed new one a while back, so now it’s retired and living in my footlocker.

I won't count my trilobite fossil, which is several hundred million years old. I have a painting from the early 1800s. It is from an undistinguished artist and probably only worth $800 to $1200, if I could sell it. It is also not in good shape.
    As for the longest, I will have to look, but I have some things from my young childhood.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The longest thing I have owned is my orange plaid blanket. I have owned it now going on 39 years. I sleep with it every night and would be a wreck if I ever lost it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I still have the teddy bear I was given the day after I was born.

As for oldest thing I own, I have a first edition hardcover of Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan of the Apes that my father-in-law gave me when he found it in a box of miscellaneous junk at a farm estate auction the year after my wife and I were married.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My original Archies music albums from the late 1960's.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My house was built in the 1920s and I've lived here for 20 plus years. Other than that...maybe a hardback edition of Moby Dick from like 1950.

Not counting fossils and stuff like that, I have an 1863 half dime. Its smaller than a dime, has the seated liberty on one side and leaf cluster on the other. All silver and its bent a little bit, who knows how. Its in pretty good shape, though. Picked it up for almost nothing when I was ten from the local coin shop.

My aunt bought me annual subscriptions to Donald Duck comics when I was younger, and those are probably the things I've had around the longest.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The oldest thing I own is a Roman coin from the early AD's that I bought for $10. The thing I have the longest are my baby shoes and blanket (almost 60 years now).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My original Archies music albums from the late 1960's.
    I was way too young to have had their albums, but I did hear and enjoy Sugar, Sugar on The Archies cartoon at that same time. Forget about Veronica or Betty then, Sabrina the Teenage Witch was my favorite from that show!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

There’s some great items here, damn!

Tell you what though…I want a fossil.

Extraordinary Member

A Santa Claus bank that is older than I am. It was always in.our house at Christmas time and it was one of the few things I kept when I sold my parents house.

The bank is ceramic and the coin slot is at the top of Santa's toy sack. I love it and will try to keep it always.

Well, I'm a golden age guy these days so I have a long box of stuff.

I do have a baby bowl, with Bam-Bam at the bottom from when I was a baby in the 70's that somehow still is around. In the cabinet, I never even let my kids use it lol.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.