Default Scar King vs King Ghidorah

Spoilers for GxK

Fight 1 Scar King and Shimu vs King Ghidorah

Fight 2 Scar King, Shimu and 5 Apes vs King Ghidorah, Rodan, Scylla, Tiatmut, and Behemoth,

Fight takes place in Tokyo

Astonishing Member

I think Shimu would be good to work around, or alleviate, Ghidorah's otherwise overwhelming flight and area attacks advantages on King. Would Shimu deep freezing Ghidorah stop it for at least a ten count?

I feel the soldier apes could be at best meat shields or distractions used by Skar King against just Ghidorah. Adding other Titans might be too much, I don't remember all of them, but just Rodan flying around and pecking at them should be a pain in the ass, and Tiamat wrestled Godzilla until busting the Kamehameha (I assume Tiamat could move on land?).

Tokyo is screwed either way.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Even when he ruled the Pride Lands, Scar wasn't much of a fighter. I mean Simba beat him with one Monkey Throw. He's no match for a 3-headed city-busting Titan of Destruction.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Fight 1: Scar King is not going to do much here I think. Comes down to Shimu and Ghidorah and if Shimu can really hit G
    Fight 2: I don't think the apes are enough to make up for the other Titans in the fight. The Titan team will probably take this
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

The other apes were a slave force and shouldn't be Titan strong proper, just better than smaller Hollow Earth fauna. Kong hilariously knocked one out in one punch before getting his mecha arm, like prime Rocky Balboa or Adonis Creed up against a rookie boxer.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Fight 1: Tough call. I give the edge to Shimu: Scar King won't be able to do jack crap against Ghidorah. This comes down to Ghidorah vs Shimu. Both are literally living extinction bringers. Ghidorah brings wind speeds of 400 mph, and can create cyclones every 5 minutes due to air pressure while Shimu brings the ice age with her. Godzilla was able to put Ghidorah in a block of ice so Shimu's Power will be potent enough.

But Ghidorah has gravity beams that messes anything up (including Godzilla), able to drain opponents, and strong enough to lift Godzilla and fly him into the stratosphere and drop him. On one side, I saw Ghidorah as a far bigger threat and Godzilla almost died fighting Ghidorah. Shimu wasn't nearly as bad but at the same time Shimu was being controlled so I can't say she was fighting at 100%. Also, her breath weapon should cancel Ghidorah's Regeneration.

Fight 2: Ghidorah's Team Stomps: I can't see the 5 slave apes going up against those titans. They're nowhere near on par with Scar King and Kong. The titans are going to butcher them.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-01-2024 at 03:42 PM.

Fight 1: Skar King and Shimo vs. King Ghidorah

Extremely close. According to novelization, Shimo's Frost Beam is cold enough to freeze atoms and trigger world-ending ice ages. Moreover, she is directly responsible for freezing* King Ghidorah long before the events of Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019). With that said, King Ghidorah is an absolute powerhouse, and it could go either way. I'd give the New Empire Duo the odds with Skar King in the mix. Skar King is roughly Kong's equal in battle. While I don't think he could take Ghidorah, he's cunning, strong, and agile enough to help tip the odds in his team's favor.

* For a few years, Director Mike Dougherty stated Godzilla and Ghidorah fought many years ago in Antarctica, with the former emerging as the winner. This seems to have recently been retconned, although it's most certainly possible Shimo arrived shortly after that to freeze Ghidorah in place, so perhaps there's no contradiction. Your mileage may vary.

Fight 2: Skar King, Shimo, and Five Apes vs. King Ghidorah, Rodan, Scylla, Tiamat, and Behemoth

The Five Apes (called the Red Stripes in the novel) are not long for this world. Scylla and Behemoth are more than enough to keep them busy.

Tiamat and Rodan are on another level, with the former being Godzilla's near equal. I'd bet on Skar King over Rodan, albeit it'd be an intense fight. With Tiamat in the mix, Skar King is royally dead.

King Ghidorah vs. Shimo is pretty much a stalemate, with the latter being canonically responsible for imprisoning the former. But with his allies inevitably winning their respective battles, Shimo will quickly find herself outnumbered and overwhelmed.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Fight 1: Skar King and Shimo vs. King Ghidorah

* For a few years, Director Mike Dougherty stated Godzilla and Ghidorah fought many years ago in Antarctica, with the former emerging as the winner. This seems to have recently been retconned, although it's most certainly possible Shimo arrived shortly after that to freeze Ghidorah in place, so perhaps there's no contradiction. Your mileage may vary.
    Then this is how Ghidorah was frozen. Dougherty also wrote the story for King of the Monsters so unless he says otherwise, Shimu wasn't responsible for Ghidorah on ice. Still, even if Shimu wasn't responsible for that specific act, she demonstrated she could do it if it happened.

The events of Ghidorah's previous icy imprisonment are nebulous enough to essentially ignore imo. Not nearly enough context one way or the other to particularly act as a determining factor for the fight.

Round 1:
    Shimo is formidable and could definitely give Ghidorah a proper 1v1 but I'm not certain she has the lasting power. Ghidorah can recuperate damage as the fight goes on and has better fight ending potential. If she freezes one head, two others can retaliate and then free it. I feel a 1v1 would only be a matter of time before Shimo ends up getting choked out and dropped from up low orbit.

That's where Skar King comes in. I honestly have trouble seeing Skar King particularly damaging Ghidorah. Like, at all. His best bet is to act as a mobile distraction and keep Shimo from getting tangled up in too many fight ending situations. I feel like he would be troublesome enough to allow Shimo to eventually get a 10 count via full body freezing Ghidorah into a state of temporary incapacitation.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure