Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    He did but he's getting paid a full salary and benefits still to do nothing
    Wells really doesn't want to write Peter Parker doing Peter Parker things.

Astonishing Member

Latest 2 trades https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781302954611 Peter and MJ start of reunion plot for them

Chasmgedom arc and blood hunt tie in. With fcbd and web of Spider-Man

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=9781302954628

Zeb Wells' highly talked-about Spider-Man run reaches a climax with the return of the Green Goblin!

The greatest villain in Spider-Man history is back, and about to remind Spider-Man — along with all of us — exactly why he’s so feared! And as if the Goblin isn’t enough, the Sinister Six are here too — along with several other problems that will soon destroy Spider-Man’s life once and for all!

COLLECTING: Amazing Spider-Man (2022) 50-54
    Thank **** for that. The worst comic book run I've ever read.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    One of the things Slott did which is good is you actually saw Peter do things at his job, but also if we're talking about Wells he did technically have Peter leave his letter of resignation there with Norman who it looks like is doing a split personality deal again with Norman

One of the things Slott did which is good is you actually saw Peter do things at his job, but also if we're talking about Wells he did technically have Peter leave his letter of resignation there with Norman who it looks like is doing a split personality deal again with Norman
    Yeah, but the problem with Slott was that I don't think many found his take on Peter's jobs and the people he's working with interesting.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Yeah, but the problem with Slott was that I don't think many found his take on Peter's jobs and the people he's working with interesting.
    True, but at least we had Peter do things that were science like. In ASM it was something that was already made or was explained in the past sense. And while on the subject. Norman and Peter were working out of a warehouse during the what happened arc. How did Norman rebuild his company so fast? Or was it in the first arc that Norman had Peter watch his grandkids because he was searching for a new office space? Like that's an inconsistency that is hardly talked about as well. It's another thing that just jumped around and happened with no explanation at all.

Astonishing Member

If the GG arc is the climax? What would the Tombstone arc after that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I assume tombstone will be the final arc
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Parker industries was interesting the science editor job not as much since it’s another excuse for him to go back to the Bugle
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Denouement?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Parker industries was interesting the science editor job not as much since it’s another excuse for him to go back to the Bugle
    Parker Industries might have been interesting conceptually, assuming you can accept the premise, but execution-wise...I'm not sure.

Fantastic Member

Highly talked about huh? That is the kind of thing movie studios say to promote a movie they know is utter garbage. "Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo is the movie everyone is talking about!" Come see why Amazing Spider-Man is the most reviewed comic out there with 9 out of 10 opinions! This run cannot end soon enough...

Parker Industries might have been interesting conceptually, assuming you can accept the premise, but execution-wise...I'm not sure.
    I think once you decide that Otto Octavius can found and become CEO of a major corporation with only Peter's resources to build from, you've lost most of your ability to say anything realistic and interesting about the modern corporate world. The flaws in the premise carry over to the execution.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    I think once you decide that Otto Octavius can found and become CEO of a major corporation with only Peter's resources to build from, you've lost most of your ability to say anything realistic and interesting about the modern corporate world. The flaws in the premise carry over to the execution.
    To be fair, that's pretty consistent in comics. How many times has Tony or even Ollie Queen lost absolutely everything for it to magically be back under a new writer?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    To be fair, that's pretty consistent in comics. How many times has Tony or even Ollie Queen lost absolutely everything for it to magically be back under a new writer?
    Too many times. They don't even try with Tony anymore so he's been perpetually company-less and "not rich" for a few years now.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm guessing after the Green Goblin arc we end on a Tombstone arc that probably wraps up Wells' run as well as the Jackpot/Paul stuff.
    At this stage I don't expect much of a resolution with Paul. More like they probably break up off screen in-between this run and the next. lol

Honestly that's kind of been an issue for a while now. Spencer's run saw Peter sacked from his Editor job after he got accused of plagiarism and stripped of his PhD. He re-enrolled ECU and was even Connor's Grad Assistant but that's kind of fell by the wayside. And then he worked for Jonah where he was basically paid to just act as Spider-Man. And now he's working for Norman's Oscorb re-startup where....again he's basically just paid to not come in and just be Spider-Man now. lol

There's been this level of escalation in the Peter Parker books where so much of his civilian life is just not bothered with anymore.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 04-03-2024 at 08:41 AM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.