Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly it would totally be a Doc Ock plot to try to make the entire world like him.
    Yeah, Otto trying to update everyone with himself is totally an Otto-style plan, and it was the first thing I thought of when I heard 'Superior Spider-Island'. I'm sure whatever it is will be fun.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's creative decisions....

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

People are a bit overdramatic imo with the "reusing story lines" thing. I mean it's not like Superior Spider Boy and this Spider Island stuff is gonna be on the same level as the actual events. They'll likely conclude in a few issues... I'm curious on how this affects the Spider Boy on-going comic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    People are a bit overdramatic imo with the "reusing story lines" thing. I mean it's not like Superior Spider Boy and this Spider Island stuff is gonna be on the same level as the actual events. They'll likely conclude in a few issues... I'm curious on how this affects the Spider Boy on-going comic.
    Spidey fans on this board be overdramatic? I am shocked, sir. SO shocked I need to get my fainting couch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

This is your reaction to 3 words. A title to a trade paperback, where the insides/subject matter hasn't been mentioned. At all.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My biggest hope is we finally get a Cloak & Dagger series out of it.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    They will be apart of the blood hunt event which we recommend to pickup and support your lcs and check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Pretty much, Kraven's Last Hunt for sure, for sure, this time we promise....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    They will be apart of the blood hunt event which we recommend to pickup and support your lcs and check it out
    I know! I’m reviewing it for Comic-Watch! I can’t wait til it drops!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I know! I’m reviewing it for Comic-Watch! I can’t wait til it drops!
    Very cool, then, and yeah, a new Cloak and Dagger series would be great.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I'm not sure if it will affect Spider-Boy that much. I think solicits for the second Spider-Boy volume have Bailey getting involved in some multi-verse hijinks. Either way Dan Slott writes both books so it should not be that big of a deal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    If only there were a way to judge a story/comic that contains pages on the INSIDE of two covers... pages that include words, pictures, and context.

But sadly, that day may never come.

;-)
    When the marketing is as uninspired as this -- a repetition of older names -- it's hard to care about what's being teased.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    When the marketing is as uninspired as this -- a repetition of older names -- it's hard to care about what's being teased.
    But the thing is...

This ISN'T marketing.

It's the title to a trade paperback, a title that should NOT be getting released this early.

In ye olde days, you could have a story with THIS cover AND you could call it "The Night Gwen Stacy Died".

27968.jpg

Now imagine how much that story would hit you now IF the internet existed back then AND you could look at information going out to shops & retailers (not readers-- shops) THREE MONTHS ahead of time. Imagine the impact that story would have on you when it finally was released three months later.

Worse... Imagine how little impact this issue would have with you knowing what the next cover would look like two months ahead of seeing this cover:

27967.jpg

The title of this trade paperback is NOT meant to be a "tease".

What it is, is finding out the name of the second trade paperback before the first trade paperback has even gone on sale, and 3 months before the last 3 issues of that collection have even hit the stand. What it is, is someone using a search engine to take advantage of the fact that Penguin/Random House put the most bare bones information possible into a system that only booksellers are supposed to have access to. As someone working on the books, it is so frustrating to see info get out this way.

Incredible Member

I get it.

There are fandoms that I'm a devout member of-- like Doctor Who.
    And I will lap up any advance info that's out there about the next season, even though I know I'll enjoy the episodes more if I ignore all of that stuff and watch each one, unspoiled, when they're released.

One of the problems that comics has is that our reader base is too good at finding where advance information is online.

A few decades ago, the Diamond Previews were just for store owners so that they could make educated guesses when ordering copies for their shops. Eventually, those Previews were turned into general marketing to get the hardcore fans pumped about upcoming stories as well.

And that did alter what we could put on the covers.

Cut to today, where now, if you know where to look, you can find out information for trades where most (if not all) of the issues inside haven't been written or drawn yet. Wish there was some way we could clamp down on that, but I think this is going to be the new normal. What that probably means is that-- on my end-- I'm going to get really cagey about what I think the trades should be called and really nondescript about soliciting what goes on in between the covers.

Protecting the story-- and YOUR ability to read it fresh and unspoiled-- will have to come first.

I can’t wait to read it. I just don’t want Superior Spider-Man to end…. I absolutely loved the first run and I’m absolutely loving this one, even though it’s not doing what I was hoping for… it’s all about the ride for me.