Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There are seriously people who think they might have Wolverine and Morph hook up? Lol. Jesus.…
    In the comics they made Iceman gay, Deadpool pansexual, Betsy & Rachel etc...

They also put Jean, Scott, Logan and Emma in a poly relationship with dialogue that makes no sense other than that Scott and Logan were sleeping with each other.

Why do you think they wouldn't have 'Wolverine and Morph hook up'? Morph doesn't identify as male or female, and can shapeshift into a girl, therefore according to current society Morph can be as much a girl as a guy. If they don't allow them to 'hook up' on the basis that Wolverine is straight, then the show is saying that even though identifying as a non binary Morph is really actually a man; which is not politically a stance they can take, or would take given both Marvel and Disney's current positions on those issues.

Also, if Wolverine isn't 100% cannon-confirmed to be sleeping with dudes right now, unless something changes with the current trajectory, he will be in the next few years.

It's a safe bet he will be having sex with Cable in the comics at some point.

Hell, given the rising popularity of consensual-incest in fiction post Game of Thrones, Cable and Rachel will probably be a couple at some point.

Who knew back when the Ultimate Universe had Wanda and Pietro in an incestuous relationship and revealed Woverine was likely their father and had watched them have sex that that was the future of where everything was headed.

Oh, brave new world...
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Because they want to maximize this IP and it would turn off literally legions of fans since he’s never been openly portrayed as gay or bi outside of an alt u. Sure, there was some evidence that he, Jean and Scott had some polyamory thing going during the Krakoa era, which still wouldn’t necessarily mean he and Scott hooked up by the way. Just that Jean was having her cake and eating it too. Outside of Hickman hinting at it and Percy leaning into it early in his run, everyone else ignored it.

If their intent is to create controversy and kill the X-men resurgence before it happens, I cannot think of a better way than having Wolverine and Morph hook up. Ain’t happening. Bet.

The rest of your post is just silly talk, man. But I did laugh. So thank you for that.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-30-2024 at 04:12 PM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    i think it’ll be unrequited. i wish they’d verbalize it though instead and get it out in the open. sucks for morph though i really like this character
    That would make more sense, if they’re determined to do something with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    I see them trying to say the numbers for X-Men 97 are terrific, but the truth is that 4M views over two episodes (which really means 2 M viewers twice) isn't anything great. That doesn't even equal the first season of What If..., and that was a pretty niche audience itself compared to the popularity of the MCU movies. (At least past Endgame, when they started going...let's put it politely and say 'in a new direction'.)

https://cosmicbook.news/x-men-97-ratings-bomb-on-disney

That said, I'm curious what Deadpool does without being hampered by the bad publicity around X-Men '97, which drove away a lot of people my age who grew up on the originals and tuned out once we heard DeMayo talk about his vision for the series. (And Marvel is really going to have a problem if they go all the way and make Logan and Morph hook up or whatever. I don't know how many viewers they can afford to lose, but I'm suspect they'll lose a lot more than that number.)
    That website is run by hacks and grifters, no one should believe anything that site says.

Because they want to maximize this IP and it would turn off literally legions of fans since he’s never been openly portrayed as gay or bi outside of an alt u. Sure, there was some evidence that he, Jean and Scott had some polyamory thing going during the Krakoa era, which still wouldn’t necessarily mean he and Scott hooked up by the way. Just that Jean was having her cake and eating it too. Outside of Hickman hinting at it and Percy leaning into it early in his run, everyone else ignored it.

If their intent is to create controversy and kill the X-men resurgence before it happens, I cannot think of a better way than having Wolverine and Morph hook up. Ain’t happening. Bet.

The rest of your post is just silly talk, man. But I did laugh. So thank you for that.
    Marvel and Disney have been choosing ideology over profit the past several years, often to their detriment. Some people think they are about to course-correct, some say they will instead double-down. I say it's a coin toss. The old rules just don't apply anymore. There's almost no one at the top anywhere wiling to say no for fear of being branded a bigot. It seems to have been DeMayo's idea, maybe he was pushing hard for it and maybe that's why he was let go. Who knows.

It's hard to be satirically funny when reality has become a farce. Mission accomplished!
    Become an Iceman Dragonian...

The way 'views' are calculated for streaming shows is a bit fishy. I did see numbers for WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier, at the peak of early MCU Disney+ lockdown era, their views were only like 1 or 2 million. So compared to that even, this show seems very hot. BUT these 'views' are highly questionable (so and so percent of an episode viewed relative to its runtime, multiplied by 2 viewers, etc), so it's probably best to take any of those numbers with a grain of salt.

From social media it would appear X-Men is trending in ways it hasn't of late, but the landscape is so different now from like, the early/mid 90's when X-Men was available at Pizza Hut, in the arcade, absolutely killing it on Fox Kids tv ratings, Toy Biz toys, trading cards at Blockbuster, cartridges available for Sega, Nintendo, and GameBoy, etc, etc, it's hard to compare directly, but I don't think X-Men is quite there again. Not yet!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not as huge as the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    I remember seeing a chart showing that What If only had 1 millions views. That thread seems like clickbait if you me. It even makes that stupid complaint about Rogue's butt.
    You mean the complaint driven by comparing perhaps the single most salacious shot of Rogue from across 5 seasons and comparing it to the least defined shot they could find from the new show? I think I could make the same case for any character, and make either the original or the new show the target based on what images I chose to use.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

No where close. X Men was the face of Marvel and the premiere team in comics as a whole. They are no where near the Avengers in terms of general popularity as of now, yet.

Not sure we can say the franchise is popular if the most awaited movie is about same old character from Fox, and the most discussed subject is about a cartoon that's all about 90s nostalgia.

I guess one can say the PAST of the franchise is popular.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Not sure we can say the franchise is popular if the most awaited movie is about same old character from Fox, and the most discussed subject is about a cartoon that's all about 90s nostalgia.

I guess one can say the PAST of the franchise is popular.

i agree.. to me another really important part of the equation is the ps5 game from insomniac (wish it was X-MEN before the Wolverine solo game). asked my roommates son if he wanted to watch X-MEN 97? he said “no and im not interested” and went back to playing roblox (kids have such shite choice in games these days smh)
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

There are seriously people who think they might have Wolverine and Morph hook up? Lol. Jesus.…
    Probably straight people, not LGBT+. Most of us have finally learned to spot blatant queerbaiting and stop getting our hopes up. (At least I hope everyone did.)

They will probably have Morph have crush on Wolverine, but no way they will have a cashcow like Wolverine turn anything else than straight. The cries of all the uber-macho fans would be funny to watch, though.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Astonishing Member

Word, I don't even get where the hint of Wolverine and Scott is coming from? Xmen 7?..coz to me the whole 'all that hair too hot for covers and too cool without them' is acknowledgement by Scott that he and Logan are sharing Jean. I mean on the same panel Logan even wants to stay off that topic by preferring to stay in the zen mode he was in. I don't know why some are reading bizzare notions into this. This idea of Logan and Morph definitely would kill the X-Men animation interest from plenty of core fans, sure bet.

And if they were so inclined to turn their biggest X-character gay after 50 years, it sure as hell wouldn’t be in a kids cartoon. Lol. That’s the dumbest part of that take to me. There aren’t corporate execs on the planet who are that bad at creating shareholder value. At least I wouldn’t think. Maybe Sony greenlighting Madame Web after their already horrible track record comes close, but even that wouldn’t be this stupid.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    if the reboot hits like it’s supposed too it’s a wrap X-MEN are unquestionably #1
    I just want some good movies. I refuse to feel competitive over which branch of the Disney tree hangs higher.