Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joscip View Post
    Taking into account that they did not sleep together until Wheddon's Dangerous story arc; at that time, I think Peter was shy mainly due to Kitty... He would not be shy of his sister or a Dragon, maybe angry but not shy...
    Also, there both were quite young at that time... It's funny how people says he was such a depraved chasing a teenager, when it was mainly Kitty who chased him....
    And about his son, as most of the stories that implies Peter, it is just forgoten... Is like when he was with Domino, all of sudden everything ended without any explanation...Or how he was redeemed as an x-man after the chronicler arc... He had a conversation with Domino, telling here he was so defensive specially with her, and after that nothing else... Logan was like I do not want you here (being the last to vote to allow him to stay), and next story we read, they are joking about the Screwball special... This proves a total lack of care or love for the character from the writters...

Anyway and talking about the Chornicler... Do you understand that the guy who was controlled, the victim, is considered a trairor while the one who controlled him, is set free?
    For me it was a totally unfair ending for this arc...
    How can they let a potentially so dangerous mutrant, who has forced a team mate to assassinate a youg girl and to bretray Krakoa, just free!!
    Oh no. Not an another excuse for me to bash the last X-Force book!
    So uh. Something hopefully more positive. Any reason to think our metal man will get some good screen time in Dead Pool and Wolverine? Is the next film Dead Pool 3 or it's own thing? I haven't kept up at all.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Joscip View Post
    Taking into account that they did not sleep together until Wheddon's Dangerous story arc; at that time, I think Peter was shy mainly due to Kitty... He would not be shy of his sister or a Dragon, maybe angry but not shy...
    Also, there both were quite young at that time... It's funny how people says he was such a depraved chasing a teenager, when it was mainly Kitty who chased him....
    And about his son, as most of the stories that implies Peter, it is just forgoten... Is like when he was with Domino, all of sudden everything ended without any explanation...Or how he was redeemed as an x-man after the chronicler arc... He had a conversation with Domino, telling here he was so defensive specially with her, and after that nothing else... Logan was like I do not want you here (being the last to vote to allow him to stay), and next story we read, they are joking about the Screwball special... This proves a total lack of care or love for the character from the writters...

Anyway and talking about the Chornicler... Do you understand that the guy who was controlled, the victim, is considered a trairor while the one who controlled him, is set free?
    For me it was a totally unfair ending for this arc...
    How can they let a potentially so dangerous mutrant, who has forced a team mate to assassinate a youg girl and to bretray Krakoa, just free!!
    Yes, that's also true. Piotr seemed very shy around Kitty during that time and she's the one who used to constantly touch and kiss him. Not the other way around, which is probably why his character wasn't looked down upon in a predatory light. Although I don't know how comfortable Piotr would be around his sister naked either, although I don't think Illyana would care as she was above that sort of thing by then. Piotr and Illyana were on such different wavelengths in that period.

A lot of things get dropped especially relationship wise.

And it's become quite normal in the X-Men to blame the possessed victim and not follow up with the actual villain. The biggest example of this was Lorna and Malice during the Outback X-Men days. Havok kept whining over how Lorna had betrayed him and the rest of the team weren't anymore sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Oh no. Not an another excuse for me to bash the last X-Force book!
    So uh. Something hopefully more positive. Any reason to think our metal man will get some good screen time in Dead Pool and Wolverine? Is the next film Dead Pool 3 or it's own thing? I haven't kept up at all.
    I've heard he's showing up again. I wonder if he'll get any screentime with the returning X-Men cast. It'll be strange to see this iteration of Colossus with them.

Spectacular Member

The Deadpool movie Colossus is fairly awful and unrepresentative of the character moulded by Claremont.

Wolverine, Storm, and Peter were the core X-Men for the best part of 20 years.

That’s the order.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    The Deadpool movie Colossus is fairly awful and unrepresentative of the character moulded by Claremont.

That’s the order.
    Preach! Piotr was the only character along with Ororo and Logan to be featured consistently on the main X-Men team throughout the entire Claremont run ever since his first appearance.

That’s the order.
    Agreed with all of this. I'm not a fan of the Deadpool version of the character and hope that goes away fast.

I wish Claremont had used Colossus more consistently after his original run. He neglected him in X-Treme X-Men (although Piotr was dead then so that wasn't CC's fault) and X-Men Forever.

That’s the order.
    You gotta add Nightcrawler to the list, no?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Aforementioned bearded Colossus a'Capullo

Great art. I'm glad to see Piotr not be neglected. I was actually hoping that Gail will reveal Colossus one of the mystery members along with Iceman or Northstar. BIG if...

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Well, he was around for a big chunk of it, but there was Excalibur, then he eventually returned after being gone for 8-9 years and has been a mainstay ever since. So, he was an X-Man more than he wasn't.

Re: Deadpool. I actually enjoyed it. Was neutral on Piotr. I mean I didn't expect much faithfulness to the comics. This is FOX.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-25-2024 at 12:23 AM.

He's not as consistent as Logan, Ororo, and Piotr because they were on the team all the way to the Muir Island Saga. All three of them had small periods where they left, but they always came back. Kurt left after Mutant Massacre. His last appearance in UXM was in Fall of the Mutants and then he never appeared in the flagship title again until UXM 300.

It's also notable that if you count the times that the X-Men appear on UXM covers, from issue #1 all the way to the end of Claremont's run, Nightcrawler appears way less than those other three. He has 61 cover appearances. Colossus has 82, Wolverine 92, and Storm 102. All the O5 also beat Nightcrawler in terms of cover appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    He's not as consistent as Logan, Ororo, and Piotr because they were on the team all the way to the Muir Island Saga. All three of them had small periods where they left, but they always came back. Kurt left after Mutant Massacre. His last appearance in UXM was in Fall of the Mutants and then he never appeared in the flagship title again until UXM 300.

It's also notable that if you count the times that the X-Men appear on UXM covers, from issue #1 all the way to the end of Claremont's run, Nightcrawler appears way less than those other three. He has 61 cover appearances. Colossus has 82, Wolverine 92, and Storm 102. All the O5 also beat Nightcrawler in terms of cover appearances.
    Fair enough
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fair enough
    It's a testament to his popularity though that even though he was absent for most of the 90s, the X-Men's peak commercial years, he's still heavily associated with the team unlike Kitty who really did lose a lot from not being included in that period. And Kurt was the one who was brought back to UXM 300 for a reunion, unlike Kitty.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Kitty was brought in around 300 so she could be there for Illiana death in 303
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Kitty was brought in around 300 so she could be there for Illiana death in 303
    She came in UXM 302's ending so she could be there for Illyana's death and funeral. But it's telling that she wasn't brought back to the book for the 300th anniversary issue like Kurt was. Kitty was only brought back for the Fatal Attraction storyline due to Piotr and Illyana's involvement.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-26-2024 at 01:08 AM.