Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Spider-man '98

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Gotta admit, as much as I said I wouldn't go crazy over a Spider-Man '98 being announced... that cameo did get me hyped. Didn't even realize how much I'd be excited for him till I saw him swinging again in HD.

Interesting.

I mean, it's Spider-Man and Season 2 was greenlighted before Season 1 even released. It clearly hasn't left an imprint, though.

Definitely. But Spectacular was also a no-nonsense show. By that I mean its own thing, no inserting other Marvel characters, no gimmick (e.g. MCU spinoff, working with Norman, etc.) and just adapted the comics. It's more like X-Men '97 than FN seems to be.

It's not impossible for FN to match the rest but there's only so much you can do with a weird unnatural premise IMO.
    The fact that they seem to be ignoring Peter's actual supporting cast in favor of random Marvel characters (who are typically portrayed as superheroes themselves) isn't exactly an exciting prospect.

There is zero reason Peter's BFF should be Nico Minoru.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Gotta admit, as much as I said I wouldn't go crazy over a Spider-Man '98 being announced... that cameo did get me hyped. Didn't even realize how much I'd be excited for him till I saw him swinging again in HD.

Also, his cameo is actually quite clever.

spoilers:
    Magneto just declared war on humanity and launched a global EMP. Spidey is Marvel's "everyman" so for him to see Magneto's attack while swinging and going about his day puts into perspective what Magneto just did.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was actually thinking wouldn't the EMP have shorted out his web-shooters too?
    end of spoilers
    I mean, it's Spider-Man and Season 2 was greenlighted before Season 1 even released. It clearly hasn't left an imprint, though.
    But there seems to be plenty of production shakeups nevertheless. Really makes you wonder.
    Definitely. But Spectacular was also a no-nonsense show. By that I mean its own thing, no inserting other Marvel characters, no gimmick (e.g. MCU spinoff, working with Norman, etc.) and just adapted the comics. It's more like X-Men '97 than FN seems to be.

It's not impossible for FN to match the rest but there's only so much you can do with a weird unnatural premise IMO.
    I do think that on paper it looks like the 2017 show but with probably better production values, though it's really hard to gauge at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The fact that they seem to be ignoring Peter's actual supporting cast in favor of random Marvel characters (who are typically portrayed as superheroes themselves) isn't exactly an exciting prospect.

There is zero reason Peter's BFF should be Nico Minoru.
    I can't help but think they saw Ganke in the movies and thought "well, I guess we need Peter to have an Asian BFF with magic potential in our show too."

It's like they refuse to use Peter's actual supporting cast or (gasp) normal people!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I was actually thinking wouldn't the EMP have shorted out his web-shooters too?
    end of spoilers
    You're right! His web breaks.