Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Spider-man '98

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Given how successful X-Men '97 has been at updating the classic shown and tackling more controversial storylines with more sophisticated writing and characterizations... yeah, I'm definitely onboard with a Spider-Man '98 that does the same, especially given that even I rolled my eyes at some of the restrictions they had on the show back in the 90s.
    Well, some restrictions weren't so "unwelcome". They adapted the Death of Gwen Stacy without the death part.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, some restrictions weren't so "unwelcome". They adapted the Death of Gwen Stacy without the death part.
    And made it a fate worse than death . . . tumbling helplessly through some interdimensional void for (presumably) all eternity.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If I remember right one of the team-ups they wanted to do that they didn't get to was Ghost Rider, so that would be cool.

I also think they wanted to do something with Puma?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    Absolutely! I'd definitely like to see more of Harry Osborn (drawing from the 90s JMD material) in addition to Liz, Felicia, Flash, and the Bugle Cast. Perhaps the return of the "Insidious Six." A return of Venom, Carnage, and Kraven. Introduce Sandman. Have a crossover with the X-men 97 universe (Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut seems like a no-brainer for that.) That, in addition to fleshing out MJ and May should be more than enough material for a ten-episode Season 1.

(Then perhaps show the return of Norman for the season finale and leave a Clone Saga adaptation for season 2.)
    I think the last arc of the original show is about as close as they are going to get to adapting the Clone Saga unless you want Kaine to show up.

Though I guess Miles Warren was introduced so they could introduce him as The Jackal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Could they even do Kraven's Last Hunt within the context of the continuity with the show? Kraven was an ally of Spidey by the time it ended... One of the things I'm weary on with this show's revival is trying to "course correct" and retcon things within the show's continuity to make it more like the comics.
    If I remember right something about the serum that gave Kraven his abilities warped his mind until they cured him...could always say he went crazy again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Given how successful X-Men '97 has been at updating the classic shown and tackling more controversial storylines with more sophisticated writing and characterizations... yeah, I'm definitely onboard with a Spider-Man '98 that does the same, especially given that even I rolled my eyes at some of the restrictions they had on the show back in the 90s.
    Basically the MTV show without being the MTV show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I remember right something about the serum that gave Kraven his abilities warped his mind until they cured him...could always say he went crazy again.
    IMO, the thematic stuff in KLH wouldn't work if Kraven isn't in control of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    IMO, the thematic stuff in KLH wouldn't work if Kraven isn't in control of his actions.
    Well, he was still pretty deranged in that story...

Astonishing Member

Well, he was still pretty deranged in that story...
    He was still in control of his actions, though.

TAS Kraven would be found not guilty by insanity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And made it a fate worse than death . . . tumbling helplessly through some interdimensional void for (presumably) all eternity.
    When you put it that way...

Still, there was the possiblity to bring MJ back, while there wouldn't be any in case of actually dying.

Mighty Member

…You know… I just thought of how they could do Kraven’s Last Hunt in this series. They could just outright ignore Kraven becoming good. Kind of like how Vulture turning into a man spider was ignored after that appearance, and Scorpion’s mutation stopped being a thing an episode after it happened.

…You know… I just thought of how they could do Kraven’s Last Hunt in this series. They could just outright ignore Kraven becoming good. Kind of like how Vulture turning into a man spider was ignored after that appearance, and Scorpion’s mutation stopped being a thing an episode after it happened.
    They could always write that something happened to Dr. Crawford that drives Kraven over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    When you put it that way...

Still, there was the possiblity to bring MJ back, while there wouldn't be any in case of actually dying.
    Fair enough. Hell, if there had been a sixth season, he'd have found her in Victorian England, and had to fight off Carnage masquerading as "Jack the Ripper," which would explain why the infamous serial killer of that era was never actually caught within the context of TAS's history.

Funny enough, when he resurfaced in the fourth season, he was obsessed with figuring out a way to revert to his former self, even though he wasn't mutating any further since that first episode in which he debuted, so he and his girlfriend Sara(h) could get married.

They could always write that something happened to Dr. Crawford that drives Kraven over the edge.
    That would suck, to put it bluntly.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Weird thing is, that's very similar with what they did with Captain America. What was wrong with his comic story of plummeting into the arctic during a mission in World War II and ending up in cyrofreeze until found in the present day?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Weird thing is, that's very similar with what they did with Captain America. What was wrong with his comic story of plummeting into the arctic during a mission in World War II and ending up in cyrofreeze until found in the present day?
    Wasn't realistic, I'd think they were thinking, although in Cap's case, he was stuck in that void with the Red Skull's hands at his throat, to use his words, for 50 years.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If they did I would stay away from Spider verse. Do villians that didn't get focus. Let MJ and maybe May Learn the secret. If they were to adapt more modern tales maybe flash could be agent Venom abit.
    X-Men Forever

The X-Men 97 mid-season trailer had a glimpse of Cap's shield.

Fantastic Member

I'd like to see them do a huge gang war type deal... Kingpin, Tombstone, Hammerhead, The Rose, Silvermane, Mr. Negative and whoever else... all vying to take over New York. Only do the opposite of Zeb Wells and make it good.