Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sauron (LOTR) VS Jinwoo (Solo Leveling)

Yea that's right,

Necromancer vs Necromancer

The "system" gives Jinwoo a special quest, he will be teleported to middle earth at the start of the events of the first movie and is ordered to destroy all the forces of mordor and the 1 ring. What happens?

Some nerfs for Jinwoo:

This is anime Jinwoo as he is at the end of season 1.
    He cannot level up by killing things in middle-earth, nor can he buy weapons, he does have acces to his various potions.
    He also can not "Arise" anyone, he only has his knights and Igris the bloordred as his minions.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Well, what can the guy do at that point?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well, what can the guy do at that point?
    Without having watched enough of the anime to know where in the comic they've reached... He's likely quite a bit stronger and faster than most things in the setting. Like, he should be able to murder Smaug bare handed, and maybe the Balrog. He's got decent anime "blitzing groups faster than they can see" speeds. He can also generate... I want to say 115 soldiers that regenerate and are probably much stronger than an Urakai, but I'm blanking on their specific feats. He also has a lieutenant around his own level of power. His soldiers will keep regenerating until he runs out of mana, at which point he can likely just run away to recover. (I don't remember how quickly he recovers without potions, though.)

He should be able to tear through anything Sauron can throw at him. The problem is the ring itself. He's got a history of accepting power ups from mysterious, vaguely sinister entities, harvesting equipment from defeated foes, and generally turning his defeated enemies into his ghost soldiers. He seems pretty primed to take the ring for himself.

Hmm let me try and list some abillities and feats.

Jinwoo himself has:

The abillity to fully recover his health everyday.
    Immune to toxins and poisons and any other substance his body feels are bad for him, this results also in him not being able to get drunk.
    Can use the stealth abillity to make him functionally invisible and undetectable by magic or normal means ( the great eye might still see him though) it does drain his mana so he cant be invisible all day long.
    Has low level telekenises, he can move items roughly the size of a very beefy claymore at very high speeds.
    Speed i'd say fair bit higher then spider-man, not a actual speedster but can move fast enough to seemingly disappear from sight, can also temporarily increase his speed even further to about 30% more using his dash move
    Strenght/durabillity probably in the class 10-15, he can bust through big castle walls and pillars and gets ragdolled through them without much damage.
    can open a shop in his mind to buy and summon potions that can heal him and restore his mana.

His weapons and equipment also help out alot:

He has gauntlets on that protect his hands from damage, allowing him to no sell a sword haymaker from a guy that can cut through huge stonepillars as if "they were made from dry branches"
    2 daggers, Kasaka's Venom Fang can poison and paralyze you (though the poison does not last long if only hit once and the paralyzing properties are also only a few seconds i believe, unless you are getting repeatedly stabbed by it)
    the other dagger, Knight Killer, is created specifically to cut through armored opponents and also increases his damage when fighting people with armor on.

his main power though is his abillity to resurrect monsters and people with roughly the same power they had in life into shadow creatures that serve him. not just that but the creatures are basically immortal as long as Jinwoo has the mana to support them regenerating.
    His most powefull minion at this time is Igris the bloodred, i'll try and post a video of him fighting Jinwoo

This guy have any resistance to mental assaults?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

This is Jinwoo basically fighting his strongest minion Igris the bloodred. so they are the 2 strongest people Sauron has to content with.
    I dont thing he can summon 115 soldiers at this point, i think he has Igris and like 19 no name minions consisting of mages and knights

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This guy have any resistance to mental assaults?
    mentally, aside from having a i refuse to give up type of willpower, and assuming his body won't see mental assaults as some sort of foreign substance invading his body that deems is bad for him... not really?

I suppose an arguement can be made that he kinda already has something mentally using him, it be interesting to see how that would factor in with the Ring of Power hehe

Well...the problem then is proving he doesn't just get mind-fragged by Sauron.

Physically, he looks like a dude who can take it to Sauron and win, just based on what I'm seeing. Sauron's feats are kind of nebulous and mostly comparative, so it's difficult to pin down his physicals. He's extremely tough, we know that. He can incinerate people in combat with him, we know that. He can cast illusions, use all kinds of sorcery, control the weather in Mordor, etc. There's a lot he can do. But can he physically stand up to this guy? I'd have a hard time proving that.

Is he tough enough to last a bit against him? Probably, based on his top-end feats. And that's where the problems start for this guy, because Sauron is also a guy who can dominate people with his mind and presence. He's a strong enough 'telepath' to control an entire army of his creatures and hold them under his sway. He has continent spanning mental duels with Galadriel and Gandalf the White.

If this guy has no feats for resisting mental attacks other than the usual shonen 'I won't lose!' kind of thing, I don't see how he's going to stand up to Sauron.

He's going to wreck Sauron's people, sure. But...

Alternately, if he grabs the Ring and tries to trot off to Mt. Doom, based on what people are saying he falls under the sway of the Ring, Sauron takes control of him through the Ring, and that's that.
    Why are we here?

I did forget to add that he has supernatural perception. He can detect danger, also sense how strong a person is (roughly)
    So him looking at the Ring would probably fill him with dread and knowing its not a good idea to put it on. But it could be that the ring is too subtle…
    It may also help make him aware of mental assaults coming his way, but knowing something is coming and being able to do something about it are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I did forget to add that he has supernatural perception. He can detect danger, also sense how strong a person is (roughly)
    So him looking at the Ring would probably fill him with dread and knowing its not a good idea to put it on. But it could be that the ring is too subtle…
    It may also help make him aware of mental assaults coming his way, but knowing something is coming and being able to do something about it are two different things.
    Are you joking? You think he's going to see a ring massively above his level and NOT put it on? His powers operate on video game logic. Acquiring magic items way above what he should have access to and then immediately equippijg them is like... 20% of the story? His whole thing is increasing personal power through XP and equipment from fights he shouldn't have been able to win. And this thing lets him use one of his favorite powers mana free.

From what Sharp says he just gets mind fragged by Sauron out the gate anyway, but he doesn't even need to the ring to do the whole subtle corruption thing to put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Are you joking? You think he's going to see a ring massively above his level and NOT put it on? His powers operate on video game logic. Acquiring magic items way above what he should have access to and then immediately equippijg them is like... 20% of the story? His whole thing is increasing personal power through XP and equipment from fights he shouldn't have been able to win. And this thing lets him use one of his favorite powers mana free.

From what Sharp says he just gets mind fragged by Sauron out the gate anyway, but he doesn't even need to the ring to do the whole subtle corruption thing to put it on.
    I imagine he does quite a bit of killing and such before getting zorched, given Sauron isn't just going to up and blast him from the get-go. Has to FIND him to do that.

However, should he put on the Ring and actually start using it, well...that makes the business of 'Can now potentially find him and mentally assault him from untold leagues away' a whole lot more simple. Just like what happened to Frodo (granted, that was situational, but Frodo wasn't trying to USE the Ring other than 'be hidy'), only this guy isn't going to have Hobbit-resistance and Gandalf helping out to let him take the Ring off.

At some point he's going to try to face Sauron. That's when things are likely to go straight to a mental assault and, again, if he has the Ring on, he's basically immediately cooked.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 03-31-2024 at 06:47 PM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    mentally, aside from having a i refuse to give up type of willpower, and assuming his body won't see mental assaults as some sort of foreign substance invading his body that deems is bad for him... not really?

I suppose an arguement can be made that he kinda already has something mentally using him, it be interesting to see how that would factor in with the Ring of Power hehe
    As a person who's read ahead of the anime, he doesn't have anything in the way of mental defense outside of resisting killing intent, which is attributed to his willpower. And the Ring is definitely going to take advantage of his persistent inferiority complex, his obsession with personal power, and his dubious sense of morality.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

I'm only going by the anime as i have not read the books, and while he does love epic loot that increases his power he has been shown to be very hesitant in using powerfull items that have drawbacks, like that poison he received that turned his skin in a hardened shell and increased his defenses by 20%, he finally used it as a last resort and hoping that his anti toxin/poison would nullify the debuff effects. so i don't think it's totally out of character for him to atleast be cautious.

Again, only if his perception can see it. if the system just says "Legendary level ring that grants invisibility and 50% abillity increase without use of mana" instead of "Cursed legendary Item that grants the user invisibillity and 50% abillity increase but slowly turns you into the slave of a S-Rank demonic entity"

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    As a person who's read ahead of the anime, he doesn't have anything in the way of mental defense outside of resisting killing intent, which is attributed to his willpower. And the Ring is definitely going to take advantage of his persistent inferiority complex, his obsession with personal power, and his dubious sense of morality.
    that's fair enough

The other thing I'll note is that the system's identification abilities should be limited to things programmed into the system. Now, in the setting that translates to basically anything of interest because reasons. But no ef into a new setting, he should be operating blind. Especially if the creatures of that setting aren't compatible with his XP gains or necromancy.