Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Unlimited #133 - Fall of X #13 - Review/Spoilers

We open with Thunderbird and Captain Britain discussing strategy while reviewing a map of Nova Roma on the monitors. Suddenly there's a large KREEEEEK as the floating islands tilts and both are almost knocked off their feet. As we know from last issue the island is falling out of the sky due to Gideon's attack on its digital systems.

Betsy telepathically asks Dani what's going on and Dani tells her that though Trinary and Wiz-Kid were able to boot Gideon from the system, Gideon did enough damage and the thrusters are failing. Dani says if the island hits the ocean it could break apart. Betsy next reaches out to Rictor and asks if he's up for using his geokinetic talents to prevent the island from crashing into the water. He agrees as time is running out. Shatterstar nearly falls out of the bathroom because of the falling island. He was showering and is wearing a towel. He braces Rictor by the shoulders as Ric summons the earth deep below the ocean. It starts to rise up from under the water. It rises higher and higher until it breaks through the surface of the ocean and...

Well done, boy!

Dani comforts Taki who is beating himself up over what Gideon was able to accomplish. Trinary however is happy to share that she just learned that during the fight they were able to hack Gideon's hack. She says they can retrace his digital footprint and locate Gideon's operation. Overhearing, Sunspot enters the room ready to take Gideon out. However he's exhausted and sweaty, having burned a great deal of his energy to juice up the island's thrusters.

Dani is concerned about him and urges him to sit down. Sunspot says Gideon is expecting them to be wounded and lying low while they recover, making it the best time to strike back at him unexpectedly. Dani says he's in no shape to hit anything and that maybe she'll pull together a squad including Cipher and Magma. But Roberto says no, no one from X-Corps Island or their extended roll call. He says he's been saving up assets and for the right price and right favor, he knows just the man to help Gideon crash and burn.

We're now at a penthouse of a skyscraper in Chicago. Gideon is holding a glass of wine as he tells Burke that this is where they belong, up high looking down on the rabble. He doesn't understand why Selene likes ruling from a jungle ruin (Nova Roma.) Burke suddenly gets a precognitive flash and he describes how he sees metal, gleaming blades, a sneer, and so much blood. Right at that moment an "X" is sliced into the door of the penthouse by two swords.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Nice! Very interested in seeing what the Steves do with Solem.

Mighty Member

Interesting! I’m interesting in seeing what he’s gonna do with some externals

Hmmm Solem would make a good External himself actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Hmmm Solem would make a good External himself actually.
    Isn't he basically one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Isn't he basically one ?
    Solem is an immortal but if killed he will stay dead unless someone else resurrects him. The Externals are self resurrecting, which makes them more like Eternals.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Solem is an immortal but if killed he will stay dead unless someone else resurrects him. The Externals are self resurrecting, which makes them more like Eternals.
    Ah ok ! Sorry for mixing up, I'm really not versed in the Externals.

Okay but the way my heart JUMPED when Dani named dropped CIPHER!!!

That said, I'm also pleasantly surprised by Solem bringing his hyper sexual presence to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay but the way my heart JUMPED when Dani named dropped CIPHER!!!

That said, I'm also pleasantly surprised by Solem bringing his hyper sexual presence to the mix.
    The Steves really said "ok extinction event but what if everybody is flirting" ?

Incredible Member

This arc has been fantastic. The diverse cast and the writers really understand the characters. I can’t wait for the next issue. I’m trying to figure out what the end game with Sunspot will be. They are leaning heavy into him pushing his powers beyond. Solem’s entrance was badass.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Magma and Cipher were name dropped. Big hope that they will be seen in this.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Phillip Sevy on X:
    https://twitter.com/phillipsevy/stat...73537083261365

X-Men fans and readers of X-Men Unlimited. @NickRoche and I are on the final two issues - I've just read the scripts - and @thesteveorlando & @steve_foxe NAIL this ending SO HARD it's not even funny. I was cheering and crying just reading the scripts. Get ready. Get hype.

Man... I wouldn't mind some of this stuff and some of this cast being part of the next incarnation of X-Force for the new era. I mean, the Externals and Solem showing up as threats, combined with perhaps the fallout from the Heir of Apocalypse mini (particularly if Rictor or Cable end up being the Heir)... that's some good stuff to work with.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

At this point I am just enjoying the ride, but man, I really want this to be a monthly series, and the new X-Force or X-Factor would be perfect for it. Plus it would give me a title to be genuinely excited for as none of the announced titles are doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    At this point I am just enjoying the ride, but man, I really want this to be a monthly series, and the new X-Force or X-Factor would be perfect for it. Plus it would give me a title to be genuinely excited for as none of the announced titles are doing it for me.
    Cable + T-bird reunion in the new X-Force? You know you want it, man!!!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”