Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #245 – Jordan D. White Answers Venom Questions (April Fool's)

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/01/ve...ordan-d-white/

A silly edition for April Fool's Day where Chris Hassan pretended X-Men Monday had suddenly been cancelled and he had to pivot to Venom Mondays. He changed some X-fan questions to Ven-fan questions while interviewing JDW. So the interview is mostly about Venom and we got some teaser images that they messed with for April Fool's. Yah.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

LOL silly silliness. It was entertaining though!

I was really looking forward to the Ann Nocenti edition about Warren. I hope we don't have to wait a whole other week for it.

Are these new images though? I am wondering who the guy being resurrected is.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Are these new images though? I am wondering who the guy being resurrected is.
    He seems to have a suspiciously looking grey complexion...

AIPT: Sorry, there’s no time to pick a side because I have a very important question here. X-Fan Ven-Fan Vift wanted to know if Hellion will appear in the Fall of X “Venom War.”

Jordan: Oh — that is a really good question, and the absolute, for real, not-a-joke, serious answer is that I asked incoming X-Editor Tom Brevoort if we could use Hellion in “Venom War” and he said no.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    AIPT: Sorry, there’s no time to pick a side because I have a very important question here. X-Fan Ven-Fan Vift wanted to know if Hellion will appear in the Fall of X “Venom War.”

Jordan: Oh — that is a really good question, and the absolute, for real, not-a-joke, serious answer is that I asked incoming X-Editor Tom Brevoort if we could use Hellion in “Venom War” and he said no.
    Venom War gonna vlop and it's all Vrevoort's fault
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

So I’m listening to this podcast with JDW (nice replacement for X-Men Monday today), and it’s really interesting to hear him talk about Hickman’s departure (around the 48 minute mark).

He talks about this big change or event that Hickman was going to write that sounds like it wouldn’t have allowed the other writers to keep writing about Krakoa as they were. This has me thinking that perhaps he would have moved ALL mutants to Mars instead of just the Arakki.

Pure speculation but just knowing this would have still been the end of the 1st Act out of 3, it seems like it would have been too early to go into the war w/ Orchis at that point.

Also JDW talks about some of the ideas that he had for the line before Hickman came on. One of which was decentralizing the X-Men from the mansion and doing more solo books, which is exactly what’s happening now with the new relaunch.

Edit: Apparently editorial shifts are usually way more sudden (sometimes as short as a 2 week notice). JDW mentions that he started in the X-Office during another “era” and it wasn’t a clean break. Also expresses a lot of gratitude of being able to close Krakoa out.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2gQ...T-aF1UAPMtpt1A
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-01-2024 at 04:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

The idea of mutantkind leaving Earth for an all-mutant planet of their own goes back to Jim Valentino's Guardians of the Galaxy. Rick Remender was going to do something similar in 2016 after Secret Wars with Extraordinary X-Men but Marvel decided against it. When the 2021 Hellfire Gala came out, I expected that it would be announced that ALL mutants would have ended up on Arrako (Krakoa too somehow). I imagined it would lead to a rebranding called Planet of X or Planet X or somesuch with Fall of X being the attack happening there and the resolution being the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Pure speculation but just knowing this would have still been the end of the 1st Act out of 3, it seems like it would have been too early to go into the war w/ Orchis at that point.
    I could see that being the structure.

Act 1 - Krakoa on Earth (mutant nation)
    Act 2 - Krakoa and Arakko on Mars (mutant world)
    Act 3 - War with Orchis/A.I.

Unless Hickman tells us his plans we'll never know for sure, of course.

So I’m listening to this podcast with JDW (nice replacement for X-Men Monday today), and it’s really interesting to hear him talk about Hickman’s departure (around the 48 minute mark).

He talks about this big change or event that Hickman was going to write that sounds like it wouldn’t have allowed the other writers to keep writing about Krakoa as they were. This has me thinking that perhaps he would have moved ALL mutants to Mars instead of just the Arakki.

Also JDW talks about some of the ideas that he had for the line before Hickman came on. One of which was decentralizing the X-Men from the mansion and doing more solo books, which is exactly what’s happening now with the new relaunch.

Edit: Apparently editorial shifts are usually way more sudden (sometimes as short as a 2 week notice). JDW mentions that he started in the X-Office during another “era” and it wasn’t a clean break. Also expresses a lot of gratitude of being able to close Krakoa out.

My understanding is that Inferno was originally going to be about Mr. Sinister seizing control of Krakoa and the Quiet Council disbanding.

Is all in hox/pox mutants being part of the shiar empire, asteroid k, sunspot sitting on that shiar throne on one off the variants. Plus that imperial guard book Hickman wanted launch, broo being king of the brood. At one point this story would’ve gone cosmic.

Hell all x-men writer do a space story Claremont, Morrison, whendon, fraction and even gillen.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Is all in hox/pox mutants being part of the shiar empire, asteroid k, sunspot sitting on that shiar throne on one off the variants. Plus that imperial guard book Hickman wanted launch, broo being king of the brood. At one point this story would’ve gone cosmic.

Hell all x-men writer do a space story Claremont, Morrison, whendon, fraction and even gillen.
    Carey too. He used the Shi'ar in several arcs and it culimated in hsi last arcs, I want to say... supernova.

This was a nice interview, thank you for posting the link! It was sweet when he said he feels like he's losing a family, how the X-Slack was a "lifeline" during covid. That they not only discussed the books but were there for each other as the world was going crazy.