Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    12 issues get you two trades or SUPPOSE to get you two.

I know this idea would get looked DOWN on but....

Is there NOTHING saying we can take Hellion, Surge, Prodigy and maybe 5-7 more and dump them in a college?

Target say a 25 issue run of the kids balancing college and being mutants (on the DL)?

In other words what I am trying for is a book in the vein of Legacies, Dc Super Hero Girls, House of Anbus and Gotham Academy.

Set them by themselves and even OPEN the door for OTHERS of that age (and not mutants) to pop in and out.

With it being college you can rotate out folks.

Something that will warrant a break at say issue 25 and can pop back up for a mini or one shot or Voices issue.
    They get a taste of being like Spiderman and balancing double lives.

I dig it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-11-2024 at 05:54 PM.

12 issues get you two trades or SUPPOSE to get you two.

I know this idea would get looked DOWN on but....

Is there NOTHING saying we can take Hellion, Surge, Prodigy and maybe 5-7 more and dump them in a college?

Target say a 25 issue run of the kids balancing college and being mutants (on the DL)?

In other words what I am trying for is a book in the vein of Legacies, Dc Super Hero Girls, House of Anbus and Gotham Academy.

Set them by themselves and even OPEN the door for OTHERS of that age (and not mutants) to pop in and out.

With it being college you can rotate out folks.

Something that will warrant a break at say issue 25 and can pop back up for a mini or one shot or Voices issue.
    A lot of people have been complaining about potentially "going back to the mansion" post-Krakoa.

Wouldn't college be just another school setting?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They get a taste of being like Spiderman and balancing double lives.
    Yeah.

But I wanted to try a book that you can let exist and bring back when you need it. Because you have all those kids there and you can switch them in and out as needed in other books.

You can toss in some adults-who are working on degrees or even teaching (looking at you Blue Marvel).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    A lot of people have been complaining about potentially "going back to the mansion" post-Krakoa.

Wouldn't college be just another school setting?
    Yes and no.

It would not be limited to just mutants living among mutants.

Here they are students and maintaining a secret ID.

I am sort of trying to remove the blowing up of school buses because there are mutants.

I am more trying to move them away from the X-Men unless they are NEEDED. At least here you would know where some are.

And nothing says you can't use a normal college for a base of operations.

It'd probably be hard for Hellion to live on the downlow, tbh. I'd love to see it, but I can see a lot of conflict in the story, where he refuses gets sick of hiding his mutation and trying to fit in with flatscans. He'd risk exposing all of his friends. Throw in Wind Dancer, who's more in control but has a very passionate side, and you have two potential time bombs who could risk it all for everyone else.

Of course, he also publicly outed himself as a mutant on TV a few times, and was an active (and violent) protestor around the Utopia era. Maybe Emma would have to mindwipe people to give the kids a clean slate. Otherwise, some might remember that Hellion called people cavemen and started like two separate riots.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Yes and no.

It would not be limited to just mutants living among mutants.

Here they are students and maintaining a secret ID.

I am sort of trying to remove the blowing up of school buses because there are mutants.

I am more trying to move them away from the X-Men unless they are NEEDED. At least here you would know where some are.

And nothing says you can't use a normal college for a base of operations.
    A few of these characters have physical mutations preventing them from having a secret identity.

What's your take on what's been revealed today?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...from-the-ashes

https://twitter.com/JacksonLanzing/with_replies

There's no school setting here.

I'm not sure how they're going to handle secret identities here. It's likely Kamala will still keep hers. And Laura, David and Sophie can pass for human.

Do you think this has a chance to last the given 25 issues?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Maybe. But the current market isn't good. It depends on if the premise was good than I'd definitely read it. I actually think they would have a better shot than a solo book.

Yeah.

But I wanted to try a book that you can let exist and bring back when you need it. Because you have all those kids there and you can switch them in and out as needed in other books.

You can toss in some adults-who are working on degrees or even teaching (looking at you Blue Marvel).
    Its also easier to resolve than keeping them in high school. People do quit college or put off finishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Its also easier to resolve than keeping them in high school. People do quit college or put off finishing it.
    Honestly, I think Marvel's X office is too addicted to writing disasters to have any idea how to write interesting stories that AREN'T apocalyptic.... and the apocalyptic ones are lame.

An X-Men version of the ninja academy in Naruto, or My Hero Academia... which I never read.... could work nicely... but.... the editors want to blow everything up too often to have a stable status quo... and I think that's killing Marvel in general. You can't have good stories if all you do is "big" events.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Honestly, I think Marvel's X office is too addicted to writing disasters to have any idea how to write interesting stories that AREN'T apocalyptic.... and the apocalyptic ones are lame.

An X-Men version of the ninja academy in Naruto, or My Hero Academia... which I never read.... could work nicely... but.... the editors want to blow everything up too often to have a stable status quo... and I think that's killing Marvel in general. You can't have good stories if all you do is "big" events.
    It's also the same trouble DC is facing to be honest. Both barely give time for a proper status quo, and rely on events once a year that will shake things up and create a new status quo, that will barely last once the next big event starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    It's also the same trouble DC is facing to be honest. Both barely give time for a proper status quo, and rely on events once a year that will shake things up and create a new status quo, that will barely last once the next big event starts.
    And Dc is worse with the continuity resets.

Shonen anime arent that different. Usually they start out episodic but become more serialized and often overblown. I grew up with Naruto, BLEACH and One Piece. They fell into that same trap.

Breather arcs, shorter, more concise stories and diversity in story plots and genre would help both demographics.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-12-2024 at 11:36 AM.

And Dc is worse with the continuity resets.
    Much much worse
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver