Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ed Piskor dead

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    She also said he didn't do anything sexual with her.
    And she chose to only post certain messages. Missing lots of context.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Lots of great points made ITT but I just wanna chime in and say that it is not our place to cast any sort of moral judgment on the statement of survivors. Trauma is like a wound - and it never fully heals. Without experiencing the abuse this person experienced, we can never fully understand what they went through, so any sort of criticism of their language is unfair, so is any insinuation that their words led to the dogpiling that resulted in Ed's death. We should always treat the statements of survivors with grace and recognize that the anger and pain they feel is valid and they should express it how they see fit. Just sharing the experience of abuse on a public platform alone is such a huge step and life altering on its own.
    They’re not survivors or victims. Hell, the 21 year old said so herself. It sounded more like his weird behavior triggered her because she knows what happens to women quite often.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    And she chose to only post certain messages. Missing lots of context.
    Either way, the predatory conversation he was having with an underage girl was not appropriate.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Either way, the predatory conversation he was having with an underage girl was not appropriate.
    Of course it wasn't appropriate. Nobody said it was and that's besides the point.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    All I ever said was that I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often and that maybe there's a better way to handle it and you said I was victim blaming, that it's morally wrong and harmful to women to even question the way she went about it because she's a victim, and so on.

If a person's emotional response results in another person's death, I think it's normal to say, "Maybe this wasn't a good way to handle it" without you immediately accusing me of victim blaming. We are all responsible for our emotional responses. I wouldn't give myself a pass for doing something wrong as a response to my own trauma. There's no situation in life where you can just write off any behavior as "an emotional response."

By her own words, she's not traumatized and she's fine. She was telling this to "protect our youth," not the motives you're ascribing.

Nobody's trauma gives them a pass. Again, I've suffered abuse and I never once let myself off the hook or thought my actions couldn't be questioned because I was victimized.

Calling someone a pedophile in the public sphere when they didn't even break the law is an irresponsible, incendiary thing to do. I believe her that he had ill intent, but of course he was going to be destroyed by it.

He is ultimately responsible for his own actions. But you guys are acting a lot like Trump's January 6th lawyers in disingenuously pretending that she wasn't deliberately trying to **** this guy's life up.

Maybe he deserved it. But we've gone from canceling criminals to canceling and demonizing people for legal yet possibly unethical behavior and I think that's something we should question.

Like I said, my whole point was that maybe we should question how we go about these things in society and I get the whole self-righteous speech from you that twists my words. Like a lot of the internet, you're more interested in finding a villain to go after than listen to what I'm actually saying.
    I’m definitely for questioning how we react in these situations as a society, which is specifically why I’ve called out the media’s response and the response of trolls online. I just think there is a huge difference between how they acted and what Molly did in coming forward. It’s obvious you don’t see a difference for some reason and nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise.

All in all the message here should be that it’s terrible that Ed didn’t have a support structure to help him see that his life had value and that he had other options than taking his life. It’s a real tragedy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I’m definitely for questioning how we react in these situations as a society, which is specifically why I’ve called out the media’s response and the response of trolls online. I just think there is a huge difference between how they acted and what Molly did in coming forward. It’s obvious you don’t see a difference for some reason and nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise.

All in all the message here should be that it’s terrible that Ed didn’t have a support structure to help him see that his life had value and that he had other options than taking his life. It’s a real tragedy.
    It does seem he had a support group telling him that he other options. He just didn't believe them.

I'm sure we're going to learn more details soon enough. This seems like it will lead to multiple journalistic deep dives, because it touches on major topics, Piskor had fanbases in comics and music criticism, and there's a lot of material available. One unresolved question is about the other allegations, because if it seems anyone was making up stuff, that is going to be a trainwreck.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post

Like I said, what she called him is an extremely loaded exaggeration in a forum where everybody knows what was going to happen. I'm not saying that she shouldn't come forward or that I don't believe her. I'm saying that calling someone a pedophile when they haven't even committed a crime to an audience that we all know flies off the handle is going too far in my opinion. It's not her fault he's dead and I believe her when she sees his intentions as creepy. I just think it's obviously bullshit when she says she's not trying to cancel him when she goes about it the way she did.

Again, all I initially said is that I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner and that there has to be a better way to handle things. You (wrongly) accused me of victim blaming and making it harder to come forward and projected a bunch of nonsense I never ever said just so you could get on your high horse and feel all righteous at my expense.

I'm not so sure you're any different than the kind of people you're condemning.

Anyway, this is a dark and triggering topic for me for a variety of reasons (a friend committed suicide and I've had no end of anguish since my own childhood trauma) and since your compassion and understanding for abuse victims doesn't include me, I think I've had enough. You can be right if you want. I don't really care anymore.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 04-03-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Like I said, what she called him is an extremely loaded exaggeration in a forum where everybody knows what was going to happen. I'm not saying that she shouldn't come forward or that I don't believe her. I'm saying that calling someone a pedophile when they haven't even committed a crime to an audience that we all know flies off the handle is going too far in my opinion. It's not her fault he's dead and I believe her when she sees his intentions as creepy. I just think it's obviously bullshit when she says she's not trying to cancel him when she goes about it the way she did.

Again, all I initially said is that I'm shocked it didn't happen sooner and that there has to be a better way to handle things. You (wrongly) accused me of victim blaming and making it harder to come forward and projected a bunch of nonsense I never ever said just so you could get on your high horse and feel all righteous at my expense.

I'm not so sure you're any different than the kind of people you're condemning.

Anyway, this is a dark and triggering topic for me for a variety of reasons (a friend committed suicide and I've had no end of anguish since my own childhood trauma) and since your compassion and understanding for abuse victims doesn't include me, I think I've had enough. You can be right if you want. I don't really care anymore.
    We simply have a difference of the opinion in the matter and I don't think there should be any I'll intent beyond that. I think that telling victims they need to edit what they say more is a barrier that could prevent victims from coming forward and you believe differently. And that's fine. I fully get that this is a very sensitive topic which is why I've never once placed blame on either side.

I'm sorry that this is even more triggering to you because of your own experiences and I wish you the best.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 04-03-2024 at 01:45 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Brandon Graham did a nice strip on this.

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/s...33838254747704

H/T- Patrick Zircher
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

We will never know what other demons he was fighting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wouldn't call it a predatory conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    We will never know what other demons he was fighting.
    Do we know that he had other demons?

The legal system in the US strives to uphold the ideal that someone is innocent until proven guilty. In a trial court the Defendant usually has at least one Attorney to defend them.

When its just Society as a whole (Social Media other Social groups) being the judge and jury, the system breaks down and the Defendant has no defense and no recourse.

Guilty or innocent, maybe we'll never know for sure, but was this accusation deserving of a self-inflicted death penalty?

Everyone who was following this saga has had their own opinions, but the way those opinions were expressed changed an opinion into a judgment and verdict.

If asked, I'd suggest to anyone who feels that they have been victimized online by someone else to simply stop interacting with them, don't doing anything online, and go talk to an attorney. Always a smart idea to get a legal professional's advice on this kind of situation.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-06-2024 at 09:06 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Do we know that he had other demons?
    I should have said "might have had".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar