• F

3 10.00%
  • G

2 6.67%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's from the Darkseid War and it is more akin to her Rebirth costume than the battle ready looks in the op. The gauntlets, shield and sword use make it questionable though.
    Yeah... gauntlets? Hercules is who I think of when I see bracers that cover most of the forearm and most of the hand too.

Yes... THAT Hercules....

Bare midriff "armor" is always no bueno.
    yeah but she looks sexy
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Nothing has topped B yet. A comes close. But too much red.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yet another battle ready Diana

NO love for her Finch everyday Armor?

its got arm blades and STUFF!

(this is not a vote in its favor)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

gauntlet blades? urrg....

I like a few of these battle looks for Diana.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

It's from the Darkseid War and it is more akin to her Rebirth costume than the battle ready looks in the op. The gauntlets, shield and sword use make it questionable though.

I do like this look too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do like this look too!
    agreed!

Winter Battle Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Winter Battle Armor

For one part, this is badass. For the other, it doesn't fit her to wear animal's skin. She's a vegetarian...

It's faux fur

I kinda like this look (except for the gauntlets and the silver).
    Silver instead of gold never works for me as an element in a Wonder Woman costume unless it's the bracelets.

Anyway, Question for anyone who might know: Did the Finches ever do any interview in which they explained/broke down that Wonder Woman look with the "V" and the arm blades? What were the blades supposed to be? Were they magical gifts from Athena or something? I am genuinely curious.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 04-21-2024 at 11:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I kinda like this look (except for the gauntlets and the silver).
    Silver instead of gold never works for me as an element in a Wonder Woman costume unless it's the bracelets.

Anyway, Question for anyone who might know: Did the Finches ever do any interview in which they explained/broke down that Wonder Woman look with the "V" and the arm blades? What were the blades supposed to be? Were they magical gifts from Athena or something? I am genuinely curious.
    CBR News: Diana's new costume was revealed in "Wonder Woman" #41. In her own words, it was finally time for her to leave the 'girl behind' and embrace then woman that she's become. What can you tell us about the new design and why it represents Diana as a god, a queen and a warrior for justice?

Meredith Finch: One of things Dave and I discussed was that the initial costume that she wore was the one that she put on when she left Themyscira and went into the world of men. At that time, she wasn't part of the Justice League. She was just herself. I wanted the costume to be more in line with what other members of the Justice League are wearing. I also wanted it to be in line with the fact that she is a queen now. If you look at the costume that Hippolyta wore -- traditionally, queens tend to put on much more ceremonial costumes. And, she's also a warrior, so I wanted to be a really strong, solid costume. It hints at the Amazon culture but also fits in the modern world.

When making a major decision, like changing an iconic costume, how much credence lies with fandom and those that have loved the costume since the days of the Linda Carter TV series and the George Perez miniseries and what serves your story and new readers of the title?

If you look at the sketch designs that Dave did (published in "Wonder Woman" #41) for the new costume, first and foremost, they are all intended to be reflective of the character. And when you find something that works, it's like a title for a book: It just works. Dave did quite a few costume designs, and once he did the one that we landed on, it worked instantly for both of us. Getting approval from DC Editorial was fairly easy, because looking at it, the costume just has a synergy with the character. It's strong and reflective of who Diana is, and is still very recognizable as a Wonder Woman costume.

Does the costume have any special properties, or is Diana powerful enough that she does not need any extra protection?

The nice thing is that because it's a new suit, if we decide that we want to add something to it, we'll be able to do that. But looking at who she is right now, she's not just Wonder Woman and an Amazon princess -- she's Wonder Woman and the God of War. As a god, she really is invincible. The suit is much more a reflection of who she is than an addition to who she is. But to be fair, it was designed by Hephaestus, so I am sure there is something special in there because he does love her.

https://www.cbr.com/finch-on-signifi...ys-redemption/

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Winter Battle Armor

Was this from Endless Winter?