Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Congratulations! Getting the debut issue of one of your favorite characters is special, but getting it in 9.6 condition is a treasure indeed! I trust you have extra locks on the money bin in which you store it.
    Thanks. Kind of a perfectionist and tempted to ask CGC for a cleaning and resubmit. I can't see any flaws on this book but its probably due to the page quality and staple (which I can't see much rust on it). But with CGC lately, I think my chances of seeing it return with spine ticks are greater than having it come back as a 9.8. Still, graded back in 2009

https://www.cgccomics.com/certlookup/0956557015/

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    You should totally give the reboot series a try. It pays a lot of homage to not only the comics, but the previous DuckTales series and other Disney TV animation from that time.

Attachment 138751
    I've been hearing good things about it. It's in my queue to watch soon.

Mighty Member

Jason Aaron has a S McDuck Marvel comic coming out with covers by Simonson, Frank Miller and others!

I might use this thread as an excuse to read and comment on duck comics.

I've read plenty, but there's so much more. Carl Barks is obviously a genius, but Don Rosa built on it exceptionally.

I'm definitely eager for recommendations outside those two.

Anybody looking for good comic books they could share with younger and older relatives should definitely check out a best of Carl Barks TPB and the Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck.

A cheap suggestion would be the Free Comic Book Day back issues. I know that "Only a Poor Old Man" was one of them, so you could find that easily in back issue bins.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 04-22-2024 at 08:22 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Carl Barks is obviously a genius, but Don Rosa built on it exceptionally.

I'm definitely eager for recommendations outside those two.
    In the 1950s and 1960s Tony Strobl was probably the second-best Duck writer and artist, next to Barks. I don't know that his stories have ever been collected, though.