Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

As most people have said here, the pacing seems to be taking away from the enjoyment a tad bit. I think it may be happening for two reasons. Life Death and Inferno are both important stories to the X Men franchise, so just in name alone they deserve more "time". But I also realize too that some of it is simply habit. When XMEN TAS first debuted, 30 min shows were the norm. So this quick pacing felt normal. Now, most TV shows are almost an hour or more. So to get the 30 minute story feels more rushed than it probably actually is. Also, without knowing how long the series will last, I understand some of the "rushing". Season 2 and 3 may be more appropriately paced. Despite the pacing issues, I am still enjoying it all very much. Episode 2 is probably still the best executed in my opinion.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed it… granted, as soon as you know it involves Mojo, you should know what you are getting into. I will go against the grain and say that the Motendo episode was as long as it should be, Mojo centered episodes don’t need the entire runtime.

I enjoyed what we got of Lifedeath so far, but I’ll wait until it’s complete to give my complete thoughts. When Storm said “You of all people should know the perils of trusting those in Washington.” I figured she was talking about Forge being Native American.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    When Storm said “You of all people should know the perils of trusting those in Washington.” I figured she was talking about Forge being Native American.
    Interesting. I figured she was talking about him being a soldier who lost limbs fighting in their war. Could be either I suppose. Or both.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Calling it now: The last episode will end with Storm as the leader of the team and the first in the intro.
    If Storm becomes the leader, does anyone think it could be due to Cyclops getting killed off? I just wonder because we still have not seen who is in the casket that was being lowered into the ground that the original trailer showed…

After rewatching the episode again, I am glad that I at least picked up on the reason why Mojo looked so emaciated. I totally missed that the first couple of viewings. I was just so distracted and put off by his very weak sounding voice that I missed a lot of what was being said, so that makes a bit more of an interesting idea. But I still think they could have easily found someone who sounded much more disgusting, deranged and menacing as he is supposed to be.

I am also glad that I am not the only one who was underwhelmed by the Forge/Storm reveal. It made Forge come off as a jerk for telling Storm that so soon while she is still so vulnerable and dealing with a lot. The slap was well earned.

One other thing I am confused about…they are making a big deal about Genosha being added into the United Nations….but weren’t they already portrayed as being in the U.N. in “Sanctuary: Part 1” arguing with other U.N. leaders right before Magneto entered through the domed skylight?!
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 04-03-2024 at 09:19 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Needed more Spiral.

The Forge/Storm relationship was always weird. He's even MORE of a jerk in the comic version. I think this version actually made him more sympathetic, while still allowing her to be justifiably angry and hurt. And they literally 'fell in love' and 'broke up' in a single issue, so, I don't understand why people wanted this to stretch out.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    But Mojo's voice was bad. It just didn't fit the character at all.
    Honestly, I don’t think Mojo’s VA was bad. I think his voice was underwhelming, which happens only because the precedent was set by the original VA in ‘92. The culprit is either the voice casting or direction, depending on whether the VA could hit those bombastic lines without straining their voice or not.

I personally would describe it as similar to Robin William’s voice acting vs Will Smith’s acting. Robin William’s set a precedent of excellence. Will Smith does not measure up because William’s was a master at improv and voicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Needed more Spiral.
    True but your girl still had a few good one liners AND the satisfaction of tipping over Mojo's 'dead' body.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h26m57s008.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    I keep thinking the same, but then what is this really hiding? Most fan theories I've come across agree the romantic aspect may be too obvious and believe she is really working with Erik to control her powers. Which is a positive working theory, but I don't understand why there would even be secrecy around that; or why they would imply the others don't know/would be upset if they did know. I mean, coming to Xavier to learn how to control her abilities has been Rogue's m.o. since day one.

So if not that, than what is it? Does the X-team in the animated series not fully know her association with the Brotherhood, or has the show never really connected the Brotherhood to Magneto (until now)?
    I think Rogue did something in her past that Magneto knows about that can put her at odds against her teammates. She talks about her villainous past in episode 2 with him.

Not sure how old Rogue was at the time. But when Xavier called out to her in 'A Rogue's Tale' ...I can't imagine that she was an adult (unless she was a very immature 20-something year old).

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The Forge/Storm relationship was always weird. He's even MORE of a jerk in the comic version. I think this version actually made him more sympathetic, while still allowing her to be justifiably angry and hurt. And they literally 'fell in love' and 'broke up' in a single issue, so, I don't understand why people wanted this to stretch out.
    Bridgerton would have milked this amount of plot and romantic tension for 7 one-hour length episodes. Most modern day media is incredibly decompressed whereas Claremont stories are highly compressed. Further increasing the pace does make it seem very rushed for the average viewer, especially one who is not well-versed with Lifedeath.

I feel it could have been its own episode but hopefully Part 2 fleshes out the Forge/Storm romance a lot more.

I wonder what Part 2 is gonna cover. I'm guessing most of the Storm/Forge stuff from (the lead up to) Fall of the Mutants, except they're already allied and there's no Naze trickery. I doubt it's gonna use anything from Lifedeath 2, which was already partially integrated into Storm's back story in the episode 'Whatever It Takes' (resuscitating the baby, using the name Mjnari, etc.).

Also just wanna say Forge's new voice actor knocked it out the ballpark. Has a voice like hot cocoa much like the original VA on TAS.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Also disappointed that Sunspot wasnt added to the opening. I was convinced he would be
    Man refuses to use his powers to save himself. If he can't be mutant and proud, how can he be a proper X-Man?

Berto being closeted and self-loathing on the show adds an additional poignancy to using him in the OG Jubilee shot of getting barred/caged in the opening. Knowing how intelligent this show is, wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional and when he does finally embrace his powers, they may even have him blast away the barred fence in the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seeing cartoon Jubilee punching in her V-card with Sunspot makes me wonder if this is what fans felt like when Kitty hooked up with Peter Wisdom.
    I can't speak for others, but considering Sunspot is about the same age as her instead of over 10 years older, plus is not an obvious character avatar of a much older writer who is later proven to be a creep ... I would say no.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I didnt know Old Lady Jubilee was from the actual comics

Referencing stories I didnt know it was referencing
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-04-2024 at 08:01 AM.

Really didn't liked this episode. It felt way too rushed. Also the tonal shift didn't work for me at all between Jubilee's and Storm's storylines. Everything happens way too fast. Storm and Forge never really felt like connecting. They could have showed in the show that Storm stayed several weeks and let some time passed.