Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Haven't we heard similar complaints about all the Krakoan 'drama'? Plus Scott and Jean are off at the UN re: Genosha? That should be (emotionally) explosive.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h25m10s319.jpg
    I literally laughed out loud.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h27m56s907.jpg
    Magneto Was Right!™
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h32m21s636.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

...and finally for 'Motendo', my favourite video game references...
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h26m39s353.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h30m58s916.jpg
    RIP X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse/Sega cartridge mashup.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h35m08s335.jpg

I cannot express how disappointed I am that Magneto didn't say, "Jubilee, welcome to DIE!!!!"
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-03-2024 at 08:22 PM.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Yeah, I wanted that line too! And "Magneto, master of MAGNET!"
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

And LifeDeath 1...

"I could live forever... and still my endless imagination would never conceive of a thing as perfect as you."
    Forge is creating some gems!

Get in that social commentary, Storm!
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h47m36s525.jpg
    First Storm mentions the trapped nature of the wind and the eagle, then I notice the mountain looks symmetrically villainous...
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-22h50m38s691.jpg
    ...as do the stars.
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h46m33s372.jpg
    Yup, the Adversary is (in) the environment itself. Like Fall of the Mutants, I wonder if the real world incident concurrent what happens in the Adversary's demiplane will be trouble at the Genosha-UN talks.

Fun episode(s) but I definitely think there needs to be more time to let the stories breathe and develop at a less than breakneck pace.
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-03-2024 at 08:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Man Forge really likes wearing those daisy dukes.

Gotta respect a man willing to wear really short, shorts.
    I've seen X-men wear them over the years and Logan wore them in that Jim Lee poolside pic. And when he was playing basketball. Gambit too. Not too uncommon. Anyway, in the 80's it was very common for men.

Yeah, I liked the owl faces in the landscape. Took me a second viewing to really catch.

Oh, and the Motendo cartridge art looks like a mashup of these two games...

Fantastic Member

Dear guys

Did someone say that Scott and Jean were at the U.N. in this episode? I figured Jean would not want to be with Scott at all. Until cooler heads could prevail, I would have sent them on separate missions or X-Men teams for awhile.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Dear guys

Did someone say that Scott and Jean were at the U.N. in this episode? I figured Jean would not want to be with Scott at all. Until cooler heads could prevail, I would have sent them on separate missions or X-Men teams for awhile.

--jthree
    Why would she not want to be around Scott? Given what she just went through, I would think she'd want ot latch onto him even tighter. If there were to be any distance, it would be coming from him

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Dear guys

--jthree
    Cyclops and Jean Grey (and Storm) were likely the UN X-liaisons, the public speakers for the X-Men and de facto mutants at large. No one else (except maybe Beast) could command any respect/avoid any skepticism from the human world leaders or the mutant Genoshans.

And of course Scott and Jean are forced to do this high stress thing together at the worst possible time emotionally! Drama, baby! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Oh, and the Motendo cartridge art looks like a mashup of these two games...

Seriously, the first game for Genesis was hard as hell for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Seriously, the first game for Genesis was hard as hell for no reason.
    Being a mutant is hard.

It was good to see Forge. He is a X-Men that I wish had more screen time in the X-Books...outside of that...the pacing in the last 2 episodes feels really off. They aren't bad but I really hope as the show goes it slows down about. They could do whole seasons around some of the stories they are using in the show.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Seeing cartoon Jubilee punching in her V-card with Sunspot makes me wonder if this is what fans felt like when Kitty hooked up with Peter Wisdom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would she not want to be around Scott? Given what she just went through, I would think she'd want ot latch onto him even tighter. If there were to be any distance, it would be coming from him
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Cyclops and Jean Grey (and Storm) were likely the UN X-liaisons, the public speakers for the X-Men and de facto mutants at large. No one else (except maybe Beast) could command any respect/avoid any skepticism from the human world leaders or the mutant Genoshans.

And of course Scott and Jean are forced to do this high stress thing together at the worst possible time emotionally! Drama, baby! ^_^
    I want to see the awkwardness. Are they still sharing a room?

We could stretch out these stories for 60 years, but I can appreciate the fast pace here. They are covering a lot of ground in each episode, but I prefer that to decompressed stories that go on and on without actually much happening. If the ratings really come up over the course of the season, maybe by season 3(since season 2 is basically already locked down, they recorded the voices already) they could slow down a bit, but much like season 1 of the OG TAS, the creators didn't know how much runway they are going to get, so they just go balls to the wall.