Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Jubilee ultimate move - Rasengan!!!

Never read Lifedeath - Don't know what is missing so maybe that's why I liked it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    (...)Also, it seems those rumors of Bastion showing up might be true after all judging by the pic on Forge's wall...(...)
    That looks rather much like him.

Given Forge is in his military uniform they might have known each other for a while or worked together on some governmental project. Perhaps being unknowningly involved in the creation of the Prime Sentinels, which wouldn't be the first time a mutants had a hand in their creation (oh the irony).

Overall, another hint that Tolerance is Extinction might really be an adaptation of OZT.

Come to think of it. What are the chances each episode so far could have a sneaky little hint present somewhere and the ones in episode 2 and 3 weren't pointed out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    asked friend to translate

“The way he speak in this scene is informal and with brazilian slang.”
    If Nightcrawler is going to speak german at some point it will likely have similar issues.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-03-2024 at 10:26 AM.

LifeDeath1 was just one issue in the comics. They condensed like 70 issues of Uncanny and X-Factor with last episode's Inferno. Sure, we could adapt every single panel(I did miss the depressed in bed scene), but we got the main idea across quite well, and this particular version is already different from the comics, so it's fine. Forge came across as very attractive, and I like how in this version he wasn't DIRECTLY responsible, and how he told her the truth, whereas in the comics, she accidently picks up the phone and overhears. I also appreciated her slapping him instead of decking him with a fist. Just like Inferno's rough edges got smoothed over to give Scott, Jean, and Maddie a better deal, so too are they finessing things here. It's working quite well for me. And I can't express how INCREDIBLE the new design for the Adversary is! The owl skinwalker approach is phenomenal. SO scary. My jaw was dropped for that entire end sequence, and when I went back to watch again, I saw more hints of him throughout the episode(he's got red eyes starring at them from the shadows in one scene that I absolutely did not see the first time). I can't wait to see LifeDeath2. But I am also looking forward to seeing Nightcrawler next episode, with a more Cockrum/Byrne inspired facial design. (And Jubilee and Mojo really worked for me here too, even if I can understand the accusations of 'filler episode'. Perhaps their best showings, in any medium, from my perspective.)

This show rocks!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post

Interesting that Magneto got away with his line about his parents... especially since (comic) Jubilee's parents were also killed when young. (I think in the OG show continuity, Jubilee was adopted and never knew her birth parents.) Pretty sure that was an intentional juxtaposition. I can't imagine Jubilee and Sunspot together in the comics, but they have really made it work in the show.

They need to quit doing Remy dirty and just get this triangle out into the open.
    Yeah, really sucks that the show seems to doing something for all the different characters and fans, except the gambit fans. The second most popular chapter from the original show and they are just crapping on the gambit fans every episodes. Wolverine fans might be a bit disappointed that he doesn’t get to do a lot, but at least they aren’t actively trying to make him look bad. *le sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, really sucks that the show seems to doing something for all the different characters and fans, except the gambit fans. The second most popular chapter from the original show and they are just crapping on the gambit fans every episodes. Wolverine fans might be a bit disappointed that he doesn’t get to do a lot, but at least they aren’t actively trying to make him look bad. *le sigh*
    It's pretty obvious Rogneto is a red herring. *shrugs*

Who's the bald man here? Darwin?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Oh I missed my love Jean Paul there in the background. He looks dashing as usual. I hope he has an actual role in one of the seasons.

Edit: yes, that’s Darwin there. What is this a parody of?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Tell me a black person wrote this show without telling me a black person wrote it.

That 'A Different World' reference was everything.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Oh I missed my love Jean Paul there in the background. He looks dashing as usual. I hope he has an actual role in one of the seasons.

Edit: yes, that’s Darwin there. What is this a parody of?

The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

It would have been nice to have a little bit of cohesion between Motendo and Lifedeath... like maybe some kind of parallel theme? Maybe they were trying to show some kind of contrast but it didn't really work. So I guess ultimately this episode really needs to be judged as two entirely different entities.

Motendo: I'm gonna say it was totally unnecessary, espcially since we only have 10 episodes. I'm glad they addressed and showcased Jubilee growing up, but there are a number of stories they could have adapted. Like maybe Wolverine and Jubilee in Madripoor?? Also, the new voice for Mojo was fine, but it does really show how the '92 series' casting knocked it out of the freakin' park. Not one character was off... Apocalypse, Lilandra, Moira, Bishop... literally never missed!

Lifedeath: Overally I thought it was pretty good! They got a lot of the important beats in there even if the pacing was really fast. Didn't love Forge's "machine" as it was really cheesy, but maybe that's going to contrast how her regaining her powers is a spiritual thing. LOVE that they brought in The Adversary. Also love the SLAP lollll

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Oh wow. I'm gonna have to start paying more attention to the intro. The attention to detail here is inspiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You should already be! It changes every episode
    Calling it now: The last episode will end with Storm as the leader of the team and the first in the intro.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    It would have been nice to have a little bit of cohesion between Motendo and Lifedeath... like maybe some kind of parallel theme? Maybe they were trying to show some kind of contrast but it didn't really work. So I guess ultimately this episode really needs to be judged as two entirely different entities.
    Well, there's definitely a parallel theme of nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Ah cool. I’m not from the US so I didn’t know this show.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Oh also not sure how I feel about Morph's humor and inflection. It's such a caricature, but it's also sooooo 90s. If any of you watch/listen to Trixie & Katya's Bald and the Beautiful, Trixie just said she wishes these 90s style queers were back in the media... you know, the ones that make fun of your clothing/decor/etc. "HONEY, with those shoes??"

Spectacular Member

I keep thinking the same, but then what is this really hiding? Most fan theories I've come across agree the romantic aspect may be too obvious and believe she is really working with Erik to control her powers. Which is a positive working theory, but I don't understand why there would even be secrecy around that; or why they would imply the others don't know/would be upset if they did know. I mean, coming to Xavier to learn how to control her abilities has been Rogue's m.o. since day one.

So if not that, than what is it? Does the X-team in the animated series not fully know her association with the Brotherhood, or has the show never really connected the Brotherhood to Magneto (until now)?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I think I enjoyed this episode more than last weeks. I mean it does helps that Jubilee is one of my favorites I know it's not suppose to be a direct adaption of the comics, but Jubes was still 14 around this time period. I guess they wanted to age her up so she too can have "sexy time". Not even she can escape this show's horniness lol. I don't mind the compressed version of Life Death(part 1) either as it accomplished what it set out to do. As for Forge suddenly falling in love with Storm, some time obviously passed between the last episode and now. It's a non-issue IMO and... it's Storm. People fall for her on sight all the time lol.

Also, it seems those rumors of Bastion showing up might be true after all judging by the pic on Forge's wall...
    Man Forge really likes wearing those daisy dukes.

Gotta respect a man willing to wear really short, shorts.