Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Another very good episode although probably not as good as episodes 2 and 3.

Motendo was a lot of fun - I enjoyed the narrower focus on Jubes and Roberto, found Mojo hysterical, love the various cameos/mentions as well as Jubilee's original VA returning.

Lifedeath 1 was everything I was hoping for - the story is one of my favourite comicbooks of all time and seeing some scenes, exchanges and looks directly lifted from the page was extremely gratifying. This cartoon really is a love letter to the original show as well as many years worth of comics. The Adversary's introduction was appropriately scary and the design really impressive - I just can't wait for part 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's pretty obvious Rogneto is a red herring. *shrugs*
    I hope you are right. But even if you are, we are still stuff like this unnecessary, random scene magneto dunking on him about coffee when the episode’s about Jubilee and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Calling it now: The last episode will end with Storm as the leader of the team and the first in the intro.
    I could see that, gets a big cool ‘entrance’ after getting her powers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Also, it seems those rumors of Bastion showing up might be true after all judging by the pic on Forge's wall...
    That's also Dr. Adler with them in that photo, whom we're not sure is a real person or an alias of Mystique's.

It was subtle, but Forge mentioned how a scientist in Scotland used his rough drafts to further the work for the Defense Dept. Maybe they were trying to make us think it was Moira, but that pic tells the real truth and where the "cure" came from.

Looks like Jubilee got a very nice birthday present in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    This is a 2-parter so we can't forget that.

Also the OG jubilee VA voiced old woman Jubilee. That was a nice touch
    I didn't notice that. That's awesome!
    Last edited by Gnostic; 04-03-2024 at 04:04 PM.

Forge appears to also be friends with Bastion.

Loved the Motendo part. Mojo literally starved for ratings is a super interesting take. I’ll never get tired of seeing Spiral. A Matrix reference with the payphone! Similar 90s movie nod to the Sharon Stone leg crossing scene from last week’s Fire Made Flesh.im getting a kick out of these. I loved Jubilees’ combo move against Mojo and the adorable arcade game graphics.

Thought the lead up to the romance in LifeDeath could’ve been longer that’s my only quibble. The fact that Storm senses a weirdness about the eastern wind and that owl despite not having her nature powers is chefs kiss. The bad guy reveal is extremely well-done.

Episode 2 is still my favorite which is saying a lot for me to overcome my animosity towards Magneto. This episode of the four was my least favorite but doesn’t mean it was bad or unenjoyable.

Anyone else taken aback by Jubilee bing 18? I dont know if she was 13 in the original series but I always saw her as such bc of the comics. How old is Roberto supposed to be?

Also disappointed that Sunspot wasnt added to the opening. I was convinced he would be

So with Wolfsbane being on X-Factor and Sunspost being im gussing just a little bit older than Jubes? Does this track?

Also I know the general consesus is that some of these stories seem to be rushed through I hope they make the seasons longer.

I dont know how that works budget wise or animation wise but I feel like they should have already taken that into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Also disappointed that Sunspot wasnt added to the opening. I was convinced he would be
    TBF, he isn't a member of the team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So with Wolfsbane being on X-Factor and Sunspost being im gussing just a little bit older than Jubes? Does this track?

Also I know the general consesus is that some of these stories seem to be rushed through I hope they make the seasons longer.

I dont know how that works budget wise or animation wise but I feel like they should have already taken that into consideration.
    To be fair Wolfsbane was like 15/16 when she was in X-Factor in the books so I dont think you can make any assumptions about her on the show as we didnt really get any of her backstory

To be fair Wolfsbane was like 15/16 when she was in X-Factor in the books so I dont think you can make any assumptions about her on the show as we didnt really get any of her backstory
    Ah ok I just remember the show runner insinuating that other GenX and New Mutants would make an appearance so I was just confused by the age ranges for a moment.

Thanks for clarifying.

Jubilee was at least 16 in the later episodes of the OG TAS, since she was driving. Considering Jean/Maddie went full term and had a baby since then, at least 9-10 months have passed from the last episode, so, her barely turning 18 works for me. Roberto was introduced at about age 14 or so in the comics, making him just about Kitty's age, and Kitty was only a year or two older than Jubilee based on that Lobdell death of Illyana issue, so their ages line up.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Anyone else taken aback by Jubilee bing 18? I dont know if she was 13 in the original series but I always saw her as such bc of the comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Jubilee was at least 16 in the later episodes of the OG TAS, since she was driving.
    Yeah that last season of '92 specifically showed her driving with Hank on that archeological dig to emphasize that she was older. The first ep of '97 eased that idea in as well showing her getting into a club.

I think he needs to join the team and get a costume first (which we've seen in promos). So I guess that's in line with Storm being removed since she's not on the team at the moment but still quite a prominent character.

Opening updates! The real Jean is in it with her ponytail, we've got Jubilee and Longshot facing off against Mojo (because of the plot of the episode), a scene from the Iceman episode with X-Factor to remind you about when present-day Forge first appeared (including a very extreme close-up of him just to make sure you see him) as well as the Inner Circle...which actually had no bearing on the episode other than to just show them (and Emma) off.

There's nothing more expected of an X-Man leader than putting the team through Danger Room sessions and getting into a love triangle.

Honestly I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Scott and Jean at the UN summit for Genosha's admittance...trying to focus on Mutant politics rather than their shaky marriage.

Jubilee is 18! Our cute firecracker is finally a legal adult but still ready to party at the arcade! Can you imagine how different this story would've been had Magneto actually been willing to go to an arcade?

Then again...who in their right mind plays a random game console you have no memory of being in your room? I guess age didn't quite come with maturity by that point, Jubes.

Honestly I found skinny Mojo more off-putting than fat Mojo, though while he sounds different from what I remember from the original series, David Errigo Jr. gave him a lot of manic and shameless producer energy which you kind of need for Mojo.

I love how they got stuck in a 8-bit beat 'em up actually reminiscent of legit X-Men beat 'em ups of that era complete with a bit of a nostalgia trip (featuring Thunderbird! Domino! Blob! Sunfire! Sauron) and of course the final boss is classic Magneto on Asteroid M, though it made me miss Magneto's old suit and helmet.

The overall theme of the first segment was Jubilee coming of age and dealing with the rapidly changing situations with her family while longing for the older days, presented in video game form, while still limiting herself and her potential which she then sees realized in her adult clone. Similarly Roberto is still hesitant to embrace his Mutant side and hasn't quite gotten the hang of using his powers yet, let alone admitting it to his family.

Of course who better to voice Jubilee's older clone with a mature but similar attitude than the original Jubilee voice herself Alyson Court? And surprisingly enough she actually sounds like an older version of Holly Chou's Jubilee compared to her old Jubilee voice.

Hey, the actual Spiral! Voiced by Abby "I'm your girl!" Trott! Still slaving under Mojo, but looks like she was in charge by the end of it.

What's a better birthday gift than a first kiss? And maybe more the way she pushed him onto her bed and the scene faded out...did our little Jubilee just climb the stairway to adulthood?

Speaking of intimacy, Ororo and Forge are living together and getting pretty close, especially when Forge is quite a catch with his good looks, natural charm, and chili that would make Oliver Queen jealous. The horseriding doesn't hurt either.

Oh hey, X-Factor picture! And wait...is that Bastion!?

Of course Storm's main priority is getting her powers back because she feels directionless and like a shell of herself without them...even though as just Ororo Munroe she's still got the bearing, beauty, and charisma of a Goddess. Forge definitely approves!

Let this be a lesson...never come up with plans that can be co-opted and upgraded by the government into something worse and could be used on a superpowered minority group. It can also kill your love life.

"I love you!" Dang Forge, the segment hasn't been that long! Not surprised he got slapped though, Forge is a sweet talker but that can only take you so far.

Storm can't catch a break! She gets a mohawk, loses her powers, the man she was falling for and who claimed to be helping her is partially responsible, and on top of that now she has to deal with the Adversary!

I love how drama filled these episodes are! X-Men was always a soap opera with superpowers, and this show has not forgotten that! It's the emotions, the humanity, of the characters that really made this franchise what it is. While I love a cerebral twist, after the somewhat heartless Krakoa era, getting back to the Claremontian heart of the franchise in this show has been a welcomed return to form! And even though they use that run as the roadmap, I am enjoying the deviations and alterations this show is making. That is a rare feat to accomplish: nostalgia and novelty hand in hand. It's good to be an X-fan again!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

A fun episode, although the Storm/Forge relationship should have been explored more, even if we saw them briefly experimenting over a few episodes with different treatments.

Time for Video Evidence!
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h22m45s598.jpg
    Jubilee turns 18. Promptly has sex. Damn, girl! We gonna get Shogo, too? :P
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h23m36s497.jpg
    vlcsnap-2024-04-03-21h24m04s737.jpg
    Very meta, writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'