Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Why didn't Nimrod kill Scott? Is he stupid?

As someone who can be blind to this sort of thing, what's wrong with it?
    Hubris, the hallmark of the Krakoan era

I am under the impression that Kate's connection with the Gates will never be explored more than what we were shown. That's too bad, such an important plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Totally agree. It should be printed on cards and handed out on villain gatherings. Maybe even laminate it just to be on the safe side.

Then as Jean/Storm/Polaris overpowers the villain a thug can scream to it before it's blasted away. "It's just like the card says! You should have checked the card!"
    The webcomic Order of the Stick has something like this, when the heroes try and fake a "surprise" inspection of the overly genre savvy arc villain's prison The minion pulls out a handout from the last training session, and it reads ..

"We don't do surprise inspections: EVER. They are intruders. GET THEM!"
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if the tech Damage Control took from Reed Richards happened in the most recent run or it was when they all disappeared after Onslaught. They have had a device like that since the late 60s so anything is possible. Either way, it's very sad to see how far Damage Control has fallen. Under McDuffie they would never have worked with these facists.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Devo has had better days. He looks as menacing as a man propped up on bionetics would do. When the X-men port in he simply opens up his own wort to the negative zone to get rid of them. It's all Richard tech he consificated when Richards went missing. I'm sure it's a big plot in FF comics but it really makes no sense why Richards, after all these years, would let Damage Control tkae his tech and then let Orchis take it from them.
    This was a callback to a Hickman data page, most likely in HOX/POX, so it's not pulled from nowhere. I think when it was explained how ORCHIS got the Sol's Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm going to laugh if in Kitty's new team she ends up having to teach the new Mutant kids to control their powers and practice restraint so they don't kill people.
    Yeah. Her character has pretty much evolved beyond serving as some sort of moral authority. That’s the downside of going full Punisher: There’s no going back to a character whose values or innocence might be at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Yeah. Her character has pretty much evolved beyond serving as some sort of moral authority. That’s the downside of going full Punisher: There’s no going back to a character whose values or innocence might be at stake.
    Innocence has one thing in common with virginity (in addition to the two often appearing together) in that, once lost, you can't get either one back.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Did I miss something? Why is Shinobi calling Shaw his father? I thought Duggan revealed that Shinobi is the son of Harry Leland?

And why are Dooms X-Men the first mutants to come into the thoughts of Ms Marvel? She only met them for 5 minutes.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Did I miss something? Why is Shinobi calling Shaw his father? I thought Duggan revealed that Shinobi is the son of Harry Leland?

And why are Dooms X-Men the first mutants to come into the thoughts of Ms Marvel? She only met them for 5 minutes.
    Yeah both these points, Kitty cutting through men like paper, and the whole "lists keep the hero alive to see our plans come to fruition cuz nothing will go wrong right?" narrative is SOOO lame.

Also to note Malachi that Meggans abilities are not linked to strictly the UK. Her powers work everywhere (All over Earth, Otherworld, Hell, the multiverse, etc)

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Joshua Cassara's art and Romulo Fajardo Jr's colours were easily the stars of the issue, every page looked absolutely impeccable. Unfortunately the story wasn't as strong with Duggan giving the impression of just spinning his wheels here, with awkward dialogues and an unambitious plot. Frankly, compared to the kind of work Gillen has been doing, X-Men feels rather pedestrian. I get that Duggan is not aiming for the sci-fi madness Gillen has been channelling, but while Fall of the House of X at least feels competently written, X-Men almost reads like a filler and not a terribly entertaining one.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah both these points, Kitty cutting through men like paper, and the whole "lists keep the hero alive to see our plans come to fruition cuz nothing will go wrong right?" narrative is SOOO lame.

Also to note Malachi that Meggans abilities are not linked to strictly the UK. Her powers work everywhere (All over Earth, Otherworld, Hell, the multiverse, etc)
    It’s one of those things that are stuck in my memory since my childhood. This particular fact seems to be from Meggan’s OHOTMU entry. Which probably was included in an issue with Excalibur material. It states that she will lose her powers and life if she leaves the British isles for too long(but that other dimensions and MU’s are fine). That her powers are so intrinsically tied to the isles were she was borne.

This bio seems to be the only place this is stated and I know I have read it, so it’s probably from there.

Incredible Member

I don't know which was worse writing:
    (A) Nimrod not killing Cyclops because it doesn't 'matter.'
    (B) X-men jumping into trap formation just so they can press the deus ex machina button to have Doom's mutants teleport in and solve the problem.

Probably (B), as it has the additional stupidity of making Doom seem like an idiot (By his logic, anytime a villain is attempting to conquer Earth, Doom should oppose them because Earth is 'within his purview'). I look forward to the Avengers facing an insurmountable threat, sending Doom a DM, and have him save the day.

The killing in this book is beyond egregious. I cant even defend it anymore. Duggan would be better off simply implying that its happening rather than having it shown in the goriest ways each issue. It lost whatever impact it was supposed to have. Im surprised he's holding back and hasnt had Kamala smash some skulls yet

I actually thought this issue was a step up from the last few. Cassara on art duties is always going to be a plus imo. I agree that the book is in a bit of a holding pattern but at least it came with some great action scenes, which I think Cassara is better at delivering than Noto has been. It was definitely some plot armor that Nimrod didn’t kill Cyke, it’s nothing for him to just snap his neck but he just left for dramatic effect and a payoff in the future (hopefully).
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

It's hard to defend Duggan (I particularly enjoyed Marauders), the issues are so uneven at this point.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/