Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Would MJ even care about Ned? I feel like she barely knows him outside Betty.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can't believe anyone cares about Ned. That's one character who absolutely didn't need to crawl out of the grave and play musical identities with a great rogue like Kingsley whose been massively underused.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Usual rumor mills, so take it with a pinch of salt

spoilers:

>>Queen Goblin/Kafka approaches Ben and Janine with an offer to restore Ben's memories via the Winkler machine, which she has modified to erase and replace someone's memories and personality, which is what happened to poor Ned

>>Ben is for it, but Janine doesn't trust her.

>>Norman gets confronted by Mary Jane, who came by to visit Peter but he's off on a date. MJ confronts Norman about Ned rotting in jail and how the lawyer Norman got him, while stalling his trial, hasn't gotten him out on bail or done anything to bring down Kingsley.

>>Norman agrees to help, leading to him burning down Kingsley's fashion design house as Gold Goblin and him cackling like mad to foreshadow his return as Green Goblin.

>>Ben and Janine attack Peter and his date and Chasm nearly kills the poor girl, which pisses off Janine.

>>MJ returns home to Paul and finds out that Ned has escaped prison with help from several super-villains (implied to be the Sinister Six)

>>Peter is brought before Queen Goblin, only for Kraven and Doctor Octopus to show up and demand that once Peter's mind is merged with Ben's to give him his memories back, Otto wants his brain put into Peters mindless body again
    end of spoilers
    Man if this is real, the commitment to ruining Ben Reilly for people is honestly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Would MJ even care about Ned? I feel like she barely knows him outside Betty.
    end of spoilers
    You are asking as if Wells had done any research about previous runs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Man if this is real, the commitment to ruining Ben Reilly for people is honestly impressive.
    It all sounds awful but kinda exactly what I expected down to the mystery benefactor
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 04-09-2024 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    spoilers:
    I can't believe anyone cares about Ned. That's one character who absolutely didn't need to crawl out of the grave and play musical identities with a great rogue like Kingsley whose been massively underused.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's on Spencer, not Wells. As it is he's been around and plotting around him should make sense. Now THAT is on Wells.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Usual rumor mills, so take it with a pinch of salt

spoilers:

>>Queen Goblin/Kafka approaches Ben and Janine with an offer to restore Ben's memories via the Winkler machine, which she has modified to erase and replace someone's memories and personality, which is what happened to poor Ned

>>Ben is for it, but Janine doesn't trust her.

>>Norman gets confronted by Mary Jane, who came by to visit Peter but he's off on a date. MJ confronts Norman about Ned rotting in jail and how the lawyer Norman got him, while stalling his trial, hasn't gotten him out on bail or done anything to bring down Kingsley.

>>Norman agrees to help, leading to him burning down Kingsley's fashion design house as Gold Goblin and him cackling like mad to foreshadow his return as Green Goblin.

>>Ben and Janine attack Peter and his date and Chasm nearly kills the poor girl, which pisses off Janine.

>>MJ returns home to Paul and finds out that Ned has escaped prison with help from several super-villains (implied to be the Sinister Six)

>>Peter is brought before Queen Goblin, only for Kraven and Doctor Octopus to show up and demand that once Peter's mind is merged with Ben's to give him his memories back, Otto wants his brain put into Peters mindless body again
    end of spoilers
    Unless this is for issue 48 none of this happen
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Unless this is for issue 48 none of this happen
    spoilers:
    MJ is shown to be jealous to find out that Peter is on a date. Ben tricks Betty to come where the device to fix Ned is at thinking she was Mary Jane, but calls her Betty Jane. Peter comes to save her, but it's Ben, Janine and Queen Goblin there...so are we getting another team up?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    spoilers:
    MJ is shown to be jealous to find out that Peter is on a date.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But she wasn't jealous of Felicia, someone Peter's been serious about in the past. That makes no sense.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    spoilers:
    But she wasn't jealous of Felicia, someone Peter's been serious about in the past. That makes no sense.
    end of spoilers
    Since when does anything in this run make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurus View Post
    It's called cleaning up your plots

Astonishing Member

O/T but realizing this is a 17 year old YouTube clip of a 24 year old cartoon really made me feel old as I remember watching this on my DeeeeVeeeeeDeeeeee player when it was new.
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    You’re looking at the 2D images on the page as if they are characters.

They are not.

They are just toys to be pulled and punched in whatever direction, no matter how ridiculous, and then put back into the toybox with hopefully enough of the original paint job and plastic arms and legs left intact to be recognizable for the next child - I mean, writer - to play with.

The toybox mentality has pretty much killed anything resembling coherent storytelling in ASM. No wonder anyone who possesses an iota of media literacy is highly frustrated with this run. It’s just illogical nonsense.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    spoilers:
    MJ is shown to be jealous to find out that Peter is on a date. Ben tricks Betty to come where the device to fix Ned is at thinking she was Mary Jane, but calls her Betty Jane. Peter comes to save her, but it's Ben, Janine and Queen Goblin there...so are we getting another team up?
    end of spoilers
    There’s no indication that Ben tricked Betty to find the machine she stated she was looking for it to clear Ned. Mj doesn’t display jealousy she just realized it sooner that Peter is on a date. Peter will need help though next issue cause it’s 3v1 and Betty as a hindrance
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    There’s no indication that Ben tricked Betty to find the machine she stated she was looking for it to clear Ned. Mj doesn’t display jealousy she just realized it sooner that Peter is on a date. Peter will need help though next issue cause it’s 3v1 and Betty as a hindrance
    I think we’re supposed to think there is some jealousy there, however, because there is absolutely no other reason for an entire page to be wasted on MJ as the information she imparts to the reader - Peter was actually set up on a date - is repeated just a few pages later.

But the writing is so cliche and perfunctory, nothing lands. It’s merely yet another issue of meaningless sound and fury signifying nothing. For example why would Anna set up Peter?! It makes no sense, knowing the Anna Watson of old. But that’s this entire run for ya.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee