Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
Hard to tell if you’re speaking in generalities or not here. I know I’m hardly one to focus exclusively on ASM regarding how mainstream comics handle women and minorities. I’m quite vocal in my endorsements for better representation and more respectful writing across the board.

But I also think people hold Spider-Man to a higher standard than, say, Lobo or Howard the Duck. As they likely should.
I honestly wasn't thinking of you at all when I wrote that. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with wanting better representation and respectful writing. I think that's perfectly admirable. There are a couple of specific people that stick out, but I was largely speaking in generalities about people who sort of weaponize a worthy cause to attack creators they dislike. I feel like a lot of people on message boards in general don't engage in good faith arguments and have fairly black-and-white views on complex topics. I feel like talking about social issues on here is an uphill battle and was venting my frustration.

But I have no reason to doubt your sincerity. I wasn't taking a shot at you and I don't want you to think I have anything against you. We're good.