Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pitch Captain America 3!

I haven't seen a thread anywhere for Cap 3 discussion and thought I'd start one up since I have a cool idea for the movie and wanted to see what y'all thought! But throw out your ideas, too, on what you'd like to see!

So one of my favorite line-ups of the past decade was the first Secret Avengers line-up by Ed Brubaker, and since Cap 2 had a very Secret-Avenger-y feel to it already, Cap 3 would be a great place to expand with this and tie him in deeper with Marvel characters in the other MCU franchises. Hear me out!

1) Captain America -- team leader obviously
    2) Sharon Carter -- as much I loved Cap 2, I'd like to see a larger role for Agent 13 in the next movie, but that's just me.
    3) Black Widow, Falcon, and Hawkeye -- the latter two weren't Secret Avengers in Brubaker's run, but they'd fit in with the team dynamic, and I think we ALL agree that we want more Falc!
    4) War Machine / Iron Patriot -- this is the addition to Cap 3 that I think would make the most sense, as Rhodey has already been introduced, is a tried-and-true Secret Avenger, and could easily be explained as having taken a position at S.H.I.E.L.D.
    5) Ant-Man -- this addition is debatable, as it was Eric O'Grady that was the Ant-Man in Secret Avengers and we haven't even seen how Paul Rudd's portrayal will be, but this could be a way for Marvel to push the character further, which, given their recent gamble with GotG which obviously paid off, they may be willing to do.
    6) Nova -- I'm banking on Richard Rider showing up in GotG 2, and although my understanding is that Cap 3 will precede GotG 2 I'd still like to see the Human Rocket anywhere I can! Not to mention that this could be a way to begin pulling the Avengers and GotG closer together for their inevitable crossover.
    7) New additions -- Moon Knight and Valkyrie. I know the team is getting full, but hear me out! Moon Knight was one of my favorite characters to see join the Secret Avengers when SA #1 originally came out, and mostly he's here 'cause I love him and still want to see him on the screen someday. Not to mention that they might be able to entice the actor to do this big-screen portrayal followed by guest appearances on the "Daredevil" or "Cage" TV shows! We gotta get those Marvel Knights together! As for Valkyrie, who I've always enjoyed seeing appear from time to time (still miss Fearless Defenders...), would be a great addition to not only the Avengers-verse but also to Thor's world, as I'm still hoping for Thor 3 eventually. Plus, the MCU is in need of some more female characters IMO, and I think Valkyrie is a very viable candidate while we await a Captain Marvel movie!

Any thoughts? What would you like to see in Cap 3?
    Last edited by weezer17; 09-09-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I imagine Valkyrie would be a total riot on screen, so I could definitely get behind a Secret Avengers themed Captain America 3. That being said, I would probably restrict the roster of "super heroes" to being no more than 6 characters. Maybe just Captain America, Falcon, Valkyrie, Nova, and Ant-Man with Agent 13 being a semi-active member but mostly working directly for SHIELD.

Captain America 3: Captain America is Johnny Storm!

jokes aside,
    I'd like to see Bucky redeem himself

I would totally be on board for a Secret Avengers like Cap 3. I'd bring in Falcon, Black Widow, Sharon, Iron Patriot/ War Machine, and Valkyrie.

Mighty Member

Zemo. That's it. That's my pitch.

I'd suggest either flashbacks with Zemo who managed to survive to present day. Or MODOK and AIM/New Hydra trying to recreate the tesseract and we get the reality manipulating Cosmic Cube. Then the Cube would ultimately bring back the Red Skull.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

As others have suggested, I'd use Zemo as the primary villain here- both of them. Have flashbacks to WWII and Cap facing off against Heinrich Zemo, ending with his defeat. Helmut, the younger Zemo, would be Cap's modern day antagonist (likely benefiting from the age retardant effects of his father's Compound X). I'd bring in ULTIMATUM as Zemo's goon squad, and I could possibly see tying Compound X in with the Super Soldier serum somehow (maybe Erskine- a former Nazi- stole some or part of Heinrich Zemo's formula for use in the Super Soldier process?)

Cap and Falcon would be hunting the Winter Soldier still, and they would all be reunited even while being plagued by the younger Zemo and his revenge fantasies. Family would be a strong theme on all sides.

The trajectory of Cap 2 hints at a sequel where Steve and Falcon continue to track Bucky so I'd continue from there. I'd add a few agents to the mix as well, namely Sharon, Natasha, Marc Spector (Pre-Moon Knight) and John Walker. Steve and John butt heads obviously. Zemo's got his own crew searching: Crossbones, Batroc and Nuke. Meanwhile, Bucky's searching for Strucker wanting more answers, discovers the Red Skull still alive instead. I'd also love an after credits scene where Spector's laying near death and discovers Khonshu's statue. Not sure how they'd set that up though. Maybe a mission in Egypt. Or a museum lol

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    The trajectory of Cap 2 hints at a sequel where Steve and Falcon continue to track Bucky so I'd continue from there. I'd add a few agents to the mix as well, namely Sharon, Natasha, Marc Spector (Pre-Moon Knight) and John Walker. Steve and John butt heads obviously. Zemo's got his own crew searching: Crossbones, Batroc and Nuke. Meanwhile, Bucky's searching for Strucker wanting more answers, discovers the Red Skull still alive instead. I'd also love an after credits scene where Spector's laying near death and discovers Khonshu's statue. Not sure how they'd set that up though. Maybe a mission in Egypt. Or a museum lol
    Ooh, I like that idea a lot. Pre-MK Marc Spector would be a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Ooh, I like that idea a lot. Pre-MK Marc Spector would be a good move.
    Thanks! I figure if they were eventually going to do a Moon Knight movie, it would help to establish the character's presence in an earlier film. Hopefully, the change from ex CIA/mercenary to SHIELD agent wouldn't rub too many the wrong way.

Extraordinary Member

Steve and Sam are looking for Bucky, something kicks off.

BAM.
    They all team up, save the day.

Fantastic Member

I would have Helmut Zemo as the villain with him being the first Zemo's grandson instead of son. Have Crossbones again, and a few others.
    Probably have Cap, Falcon, Bucky, Agent 13, Black Widow, and War Machine. Perhaps one more. I would say very few actual powers to keep the more grounded feel of Cap's part of the MCU.
    Start with Cap and Falcon looking for Bucky. Find one of the Hydra cells led by Zemo. Zemo has some sort of villainous plot. They fail to stop phase one of the plan. In the third act Sharon returns with backup and they face off in a final fight.

A couple of ideas:

1. Von Strucker goes back in time to aid HYDRA but Cap follows him there.

2. Dimension Z, where Cap and Falcon search for Bucky but ends up meeting Dr Mindbubble and Iron Nail

3. Flag-Smasher and Nuke start a "Civil War" making Cap fight his fellow Americans and trying to stop it.
    Last edited by Mutant God; 09-13-2014 at 03:40 PM.

... well, obviously they'll deal with Winter Soldier again--

But if I had the opportunity to create something new-

Deal with a political assassination, done by-- Captain America!

A controversial foreign leader/military dictator (in a balkan country that has had internal strife since splitting from the Soviet Union years ago) is killed in public, and it seems the culprit is Captain America (based on camera footage of a guy in a very familiar uniform)-- and it is "Cap"-- only, it's John Walker, the USAgent--
    Meanwhile, General Helmut Zemo rises to power in the country as their "prime minister" and starts publicly calling for the capture/death of Captain America and declares war on the United States.

The backstory is that enlisted soldier (or sailor) John Walker was recruited by a shadow-ops government bureau in the aftermath of Sept. 11, 2001-- which in-universe, is well before Steve was revived. He was given a then-contemporary version of what's left of the super-soldier serum (but more of a steroid where he has to get recurring treatments), heavily trained in combat, and given a (non-vibranium) shield to be a "Super-SEAL". He gets sent on various black-ops missions of both rescue and "wetwork" against terrorists, drug cartels, rogue scientists, etc. He has been active even when the modern "Marvels" finally started appearing (Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Cap). Walker has become embittered after the dissolution of SHIELD, and he has taken matters into his own hands with his brand of justice. He was never a Hydra plant, but nonetheless he has a much darker take on global policing compared to Steve.

So Steve has to solve the mystery of this "US Agent" while at the same time tamping down the threat of Zemo, who has the resources of a small country-- and backers at Hydra-- at his disposal.

Death of Captain America, Red Skull returns Bucky takes over the mantle.