Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah bro this looks soo Ass
    Ha. Well said. Well said.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I hope Gambit throws the rings in the river. But I guess it will be another chapter of let's diss Gambit ...
    Yeah. That's exactly what I expect. No thanks, Marvel.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    They well deserve the spotlight, they should not be inviting any of these people they can just barely tolerate to work alongside to their wedding (and some not at all) and almost none of these people should agree to attend. The actual wedding should the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants/Freedom Force and extended family. But Mystique will invite Captain America and Carol Danvers over her own family because they ARE being sanitized here.
    Seriously. At Mystique and Destiny's wedding, I'd expect to see Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit (who is just there as a favor to his wife), Forge maybe, and the Brotherhood/Freedom Force guys. I'm guessing Blob, Avalanche and Pyro will get a background cameo at most if they appear, even though it would much more sense for them to be there than the heroes. I don't even mind the spotlight, I enjoy Mystique and Destiny, but I have no idea why Wolverine would going out of his way (or sending Academy X kids out of their way) to get a present for them.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Seriously. At Mystique and Destiny's wedding, I'd expect to see Nightcrawler, Rogue, Gambit (who is just there as a favor to his wife), Forge maybe, and the Brotherhood/Freedom Force guys. I'm guessing Blob, Avalanche and Pyro will get a background cameo at most if they appear, even though it would much more sense for them to be there than the heroes. I don't even mind the spotlight, I enjoy Mystique and Destiny, but I have no idea why Wolverine would going out of his way (or sending Academy X kids out of their way) to get a present for them.
    Wolverine getting a story over Nightcrawler seems weird to me. Wolverine and Mystique hate each other. It's even alluded to in the summary. They better have a good explanation in story.

Spiral better be invited to the wedding. And Phantazia, as Pyro and Avalanche's throuple date and "beard".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    I hope Gambit throws the rings in the river. But I guess it will be another chapter of let's diss Gambit ...
    Gambit seriously needs to call out Rogue for not defending him enough with the in-laws. I know that Remy is a gentleman, but it is time to kick some butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why are we spending so much time and stories on these two?
    IMOP Mystique/Destiny and their family dynamics with Nightcrawler, Gambit and Rogue have been the most interesting part of Krakoa. Because you have two women who have zero redeeming qualities as individuals being so completely in love with each other, which you would think is a redeeming quality. But it's not them together is actually worse for everyone than when they are apart. They literally forsook an entire timeline to burn under Sinister simply because it was the one they got to spend the longest amount of time together. And it's nice in the X-verse where they try to make people morally grey instead of just super villains that they have always just firmly been in the super villain category.

Which leads to the consequence of it always negatively affects their relationship with Rogue and Nightcrawler and they never get that the problem is them. Which is very relatable for a lot of parent/children relationships. Then the icing on the cake is poor Gambit and how much they hate him because Rogue found someone she loves and he loves her back and it drives them crazy that they are a normal functioning couple and always try to throw a wrench into it then don't understand why Rogue gets mad at them. Again, relatable to a lot of parent/children relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's reward terrible people by celebrating their love and making everyone bend over backwards for them!
    I know! Mystique and Destiny spent their lives being terrible people. It's nuts that anyone showed up.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

They wouldn't be celebrated if they weren't both women...

I think they were the best couple in the whole Krakoa era

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I am not looking forward to this at all
    X-Men Forever