Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Mystique and destiny are a couple yeah we know. We don't need a one shot about it. Plus the back ups sign do e snt sound like something I'd require so not interested
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's reward terrible people by celebrating their love and making everyone bend over backwards for them!
    Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they were blackmailing everyone into doing things for them. If Destiny isn't getting dirt on them or actively sabotaging their plans, Mystique's tricking them into sex and them dropping babies off with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Harley and Ivy at least feel like they like each other. There were enough moments in Krakoa where they were just toxic to each themselves.
    Tbh I kinda like Destique's relationship in this regard. Especially with how Gillen wrote them. They're these toxic little gremlins with dependency issues, who bring out the worst in each other.
    Last edited by Rift; 04-04-2024 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I’m excited about Anole, Pixie, Indra and Bling getting some more spotlight. Also it’s not saying that Pixie and Indra are LGBT so people on Xwitter need to relax.
    Really excited about that too. Especially Bling! and Indra barely had any focus the recent 5 years. So, I am happy.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh so they'll be showing us their original wedding, which happened before Irene was killed by Legion I suppose, but they're also renewing their vows in the present. So presumably they're not at odds as the latest solicited covers seemed to hint at, or this is set before those.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they were blackmailing everyone into doing things for them. If Destiny isn't getting dirt on them or actively sabotaging their plans, Mystique's tricking them into sex and them dropping babies off with them.
    Messed up thing is, she actually did that with Logan. That’s how we ended up with Raze, though for the life of me I can’t figure out why Mystique would willingly get pregnant with Logan’s child, carry it to term and give birth to it before abandoning it. Like, what was her game plan there?

I hope Gambit throws the rings in the river. But I guess it will be another chapter of let's diss Gambit ...

I hate they that they deaged Destiny to have her look like Kitty Pryde. I hope one of the first order of business in Fall of the Ashes is to restore her to her original look

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

For me, Mystique and Destiny have been the most interesting couple to read about in the Krakoan era by a pretty wide margin. They had a very memorable part in HoXPoX, the resurrection of Destiny in Inferno was one of the best moments of this era, and their relationship was the best part of Immortal, it makes sense to me that they would get this spotlight at the end of this period.

What I'm much more concerned about is the other stories. Unless they plan to reveal some things about Logan, Pixie, Indra, Rogue, Gambit, and Emma, that is a lot of straight characters taking up space in what is supposed to be a Pride issue.

Yikes. I agree, we definitely don’t need Gambit in this book with these horribly drawn characters on the cover and their tiny, tiny hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Messed up thing is, she actually did that with Logan. That’s how we ended up with Raze, though for the life of me I can’t figure out why Mystique would willingly get pregnant with Logan’s child, carry it to term and give birth to it before abandoning it. Like, what was her game plan there?
    To be fair, she has a pretty good track record with creating villains to harass her enemies. Graydon, Raze and Xav Jr. ended up being evil, and she barely even did had to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

...but are there any queer people who root for this horribly toxic couple and want them promoted as a paragon of queer love? Not speaking for every single one but this queer person doesn't. This will possibly play into the hands of the Anti-Woke crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Why are we spending so much time and stories on these two?
    Identity Politics?

I for one love that they're a messy villainous/anti-hero couple who won't hesitate to **** someone up but are ride or die for each other. The idea that every queer character and/or couple has to be completely "unproblematic" and sanitized cause otherwise it's not "good representation" is kinda stupid.

This "pride issue wedding special" corporate pride thing kinda feels a bit corny and out of touch for them, but I don't mind the idea of them/their relationship getting the spotlight in itself.

I'm a gay guy, and I am not a fan of how this seems to be going down, at all.

I love these two characters, and thought they did some REALLY interesting stuff with Destiny throughout Krakoa (though admittedly, as soon as she came back, she felt like the unknowing girlfriend as opposed to the merciless, calculating monster we've known her to be). And perhaps if this wasn't about a bunch of people celebrating with them, I'd be okay reading it. Bonnie & Clyde are horrible people, but the tragedy of the chaos they caused was compelling, especially knowing how devoted they were to each other. But I would hate to see a bunch of cops or families of their victims show up to celebrate their wedding with them.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Why are we spending so much time and stories on these two?
    Because Destiny and Mystique are the embodiment of "be gay, do crime" and that's kinda iconic.