Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

True. Course that depends if there time to have dominion bs Phoenix with or his around and two months left. I guess we shall see
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's funny how Duggan's X-Men are using lethal force like they enjoy it while Magneto is fighting non-lethally.

Also dude looks like he's in his 20's/30's again so when does he transform into Ian McKellan for Mackay's run?
    It’s actually so jarring from having Kitty SLICE PEOPLE IN HALF, to Magneto being like, “nah I’m good”. That being said this issue could easily end with him being like, “I need to be a monster once again for my people,” so don’t wanna jump to too many conclusions based on a preview.

Extraordinary Member

If I said that Duggan's stories are being reset but this Magneto story and the Avengers issue still happen, then obviously I don't believe that Krakoa is being reset, but part of this final storyline against Orchis.

Rise takes place 10 years after Fall with most characters dead, so they do have to change something in the past to keep the Rise future from coming to be. But Krakoa still falls and Cyclops's team end up in the very Orchis facility the Avengers just captured.

It is possible that there's a Zero Hour/Infinite Crisis-type reset where the general outline of Krakoa happened as-is, but certain details like Magneto's death and Magik's giving up control of Limbo are undone. That could explain why Magneto becomes so much older and Magik is no longer in her post-magical girl transformation uniform.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If I said that Duggan's stories are being reset but this Magneto story and the Avengers issue still happen, then obviously I don't believe that Krakoa is being reset, but part of this final storyline against Orchis.

Rise takes place 10 years after Fall with most characters dead, so they do have to change something in the past to keep the Rise future from coming to be. But Krakoa still falls and Cyclops's team end up in the very Orchis facility the Avengers just captured.

It is possible that there's a Zero Hour/Infinite Crisis-type reset where the general outline of Krakoa happened as-is, but certain details like Magneto's death and Magik's giving up control of Limbo are undone. That could explain why Magneto becomes so much older and Magik is no longer in her post-magical girl transformation uniform.
    I think a lot of that is probably down to events or event 'F' on the data page of Rise of the Powers of X#3 where it says something like Orchis harvested by Enigma, timeline ends..That is something we haven't seen yet..unless it is implying the Stasis and CoV timeline(+10) or specifically the ascension of O.Stellaris(+15) but both of those seemed the branching timelines caused by the clone farm and were shown to be separate on a different issue data-page. It's a bit confusing because I think it was in SoS Dominion where Sinister said the sinister who got there before him was now across all timelines , but Enigma himself reveals he is stuck or pegged to the current timeline. We'll have to wait and see what that means.
    Last edited by Rev9; 04-05-2024 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s actually so jarring from having Kitty SLICE PEOPLE IN HALF, to Magneto being like, “nah I’m good”. That being said this issue could easily end with him being like, “I need to be a monster once again for my people,” so don’t wanna jump to too many conclusions based on a preview.
    Very true. I can totall see Ewing either leaving that door open, so he can take either direction at the end of this. Bittersweet to see Ewing’s time w/ X coming to end, but this issue is already looking great.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Very true. I can totall see Ewing either leaving that door open, so he can take either direction at the end of this. Bittersweet to see Ewing’s time w/ X coming to end, but this issue is already looking great.
    And the next confirmed Mags appearance is in a Duggan book so we might get our answer sooner than later.

damm Mags get back hot!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    This makes me wonder if the reason Duggan is going so off the walls is because, like Rosenberg in 2018-19, his stuff is not going to matter the second it's over because it'll all be undone by a timeline reset in Gillen's story. The Magneto story and the Avengers story still happen in the timeline that'll exist once Rise/Fall of the House of X ends, but the X-Men and Fall stories will be erased.
    This was my exact thought when Colossus and Nightcrawler were so uncharacteristically chill about whole sale slaughtering Orchis folk.

Mighty Member

i mean rosenberg's stuff did matter.

Like a lot of the people he killed played directly into things in krakoa.

I dunno why people don't get rosenberg's whole kill em all thing wasn't clearly krakoa set up when he's said as much and it all lines up

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This was my exact thought when Colossus and Nightcrawler were so uncharacteristically chill about whole sale slaughtering Orchis folk.
    And that panel where Illyana and Kitty are literally hugging it out, within moments after killing Orchis goons.

Duggan’s attempts to put the toys back in box is creating a toxic superfund site.

I saw the first page, and I automatically thought on "The Curious case of Max Eisenhardt" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I kind of don't expect that to happen if only because I don't think Scott would be willing to work with him in Mackay's team if he was.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

He's probably just old-looking in Jed's X-Men because at the time they were figuring things out Stegman didn't know a whole lot about Lord Ewing's RoM plans for Magneto.

Also, Stegman doesn't seem to be too mindful of how old his characters should look going by his seemingly much younger-looking Scott and his older-looking Idie...his character specs are all over the place.

Or maybe...

His ultimate salvo against Orchis ages and debilitates him.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ha,

Mahmrto I have the same conversation everyday.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He's probably just old-looking in Jed's X-Men because at the time they were figuring things out Stegman didn't know a whole lot about Lord Ewing's RoM plans for Magneto.

Also, Stegman doesn't seem to be too mindful of how old his characters should look going by his seemingly much younger-looking Scott and his older-looking Idie...his character specs are all over the place.

Or maybe...

His ultimate salvo against Orchis ages and debilitates him.
    I don't know about aging him as we haven't seen much of him very clearly in the FTA era previews, but I was thinking more about the fact he seems to be using a hoverchair and wondered if the final attack on Orchis is going to leave him gravely injured or even paralysed.