Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    I loved this story. .I won't spoil it but Stryfe should of been the real deal..not that other guy.
    I'm a Cable fan and I agree. It would've given Cable a lot of pathos if he were indeed "a failed attempt to preserve a life that didn't need saving", as Stryfe put it in the story.

I'm assuming the original plotline would've been that Apocalypse himself stemmed the spread of the virus in Stryfe after he attacked the Askani and took him, and then when Stryfe's own vast powers kicked in he was able to not only keep it at bay but also to actually send it into remission or something. Whereas Cable was "born" f'd up and half techno-organic because when they cloned him the virus was already present in his DNA. The 'Blood and Metal' mini supports this, as there is a scene where Stryfe has his shirt off and there is a bit of the T-O virus present on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Bishop, Logan, Cable together
    A weakened Apocalypse taking on the X-men and Stryfe.
    A story that really didn't involved Jean And Cyke.

You will never see this again.

Hell yes you need to get the whole thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    In my head I always just pronounce it "Executioner's Song" and yes, its one of my personal favorites. Actually, one of the parts I liked best about it was that the villain actually had a kick-ass narrative arc that ENDED (It wasn't until late in the run of X-Man, the better part of a decade later that they actually brought back Stryfe as anything other than a flashback and even that was a mistake... he used to be the most memorable X-Villain to me for years precisely because they let him stay dead instead of diluting him with countless return appearances).
    Agree with both of these posts wholeheartedly. Except I pronounce it "Ex-cutioner's Song."

Perhaps its nostalgia goggles, but its so refreshing and uplifting to see these storylines getting some love in these boards. Keep it up folks.

Still my favorite crossover ever just felt so epic and had real consequences that lasted.

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

It's a very stretched out crossover with very little happening that makes it stand out in any positive way or negative way. It's bland with the only thing really standing out being the final issue's final page(s?). Good luck!

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

The Xmen were all united till then each team doing own thing then they turned by framing Cable, but Great villian moments and a good read.

BANNED

I remember Mr Sinister was pretty badass in this event. Heroes vs heroes , villain vs villain , what's not to like ? X-force vs X-factor. Wolfsbane vs Feral catfight. Wolfsbane showed her the true meaning of the word "feral".

Anyone have the scans when Apocalypse beat the X-men's ass.

Why do people not like the 90's X-Men?

It brought alot of new readers, especially through the Fox cartoon series, including myself.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    In light of the revelation in the latest X-Force series that the real Cable is in cryogenic stasis and clones himself each day, I can't help but think that that would have been a cool direction for the character way back when. Basically he keeps himself in stasis because of how advanced the T-O virus has become in his system and has clones (with his memories downloaded) running around fighting his battles. Supposedly that was the direction Liefeld wanted to take with the character at some point, but editorial wouldn't allow it.
    So the Cable running around in the latest X-Force isn't actually Cable? Well, that's put me off buying them. I've been away for over a year.. How long has this been going on for? Feels like they've somehow ruined it and him... It's certainly not taking his character anywhere if he isn't the same person... Essentially it isn't Cable in these issues (and the only comics I buy from marvel are ones with Cable in it)...

As for the op, yeah, worht reading, one of the best (though I might be biased as I'm a Cable fan)
    Last edited by markdienekes; 09-10-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    So the Cable running around in the latest X-Force isn't actually Cable? Well, that's put me off buying them. I've been away for over a year.. How long has this been going on for? Feels like they've somehow ruined it and him... It's certainly not taking his character anywhere if he isn't the same person... Essentially it isn't Cable in these issues (and the only comics I buy from marvel are ones with Cable in it)...

As for the op, yeah, worht reading, one of the best (though I might be biased as I'm a Cable fan)
    It's more like Cable's participating by remote control then that it's a fake Cable.

Yeah, you need to read it. It's actually a great twist (which unfortunately I just spoiled for you...sorry).

It's very well done, and Cable is still Cable...only he's not. It's his mind and memories, just downloaded to clone bodies. For reasons which you will learn if you read the series.

The X-Cutioner's Song was one of the first trade paperbacks I read when I first started getting into the X-men. I may be biased but I say it's totally worth the $$$. Try to find the trade paperback though. Don't let the 90's haters bring this story down, it's not a literary masterpiece but it's absolutely a great X-men read and the epitome of the 90's era X-teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJackX View Post
    The X-Cutioner's Song was one of the first trade paperbacks I read when I first started getting into the X-men. I may be biased but I say it's totally worth the $$$. Try to find the trade paperback though. Don't let the 90's haters bring this story down, it's not a literary masterpiece but it's absolutely a great X-men read and the epitome of the 90's era X-teams.
    I've been looking on Midtown Comics and such. All I can find is the hardback; it's pretty expensive.

I have a softcover version of the trade but I purchased it way back in 2001 so I doubt they sell that version anymore (boo). There were some reasonably priced hardcover versions on Amazon, but I don't know what kind of price range you're working with. The cool thing about my trade is that it came with a forward that talked about the creative process and planning that went into the X-over which I've always thought was pretty nifty.