Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Default Red Hood The Hill #3 - Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/05/dc...od-the-hill-3/

Looks fun, I enjoy that Croc is being portrayed as a legitimately cunning crime lord instead of a brute. With the mention of demons, I hope Martinbrough has Jason pull out the All Blades.

Never expected this book to bring back crime boss Killer Croc.

Did he seriously just call another black woman "Amanda Waller" ?

Extraordinary Member

Again very little Jason in this issue, but at least actually wins a fight (but no All Blade despite fighting some super natural Monster ...).

I read the third chapter of the hill
    the story is actually quite interesting
    still too little Jason but still there for what he did:
    -does detective work
    -Has a pretty good relationship with Dana as characters
    -He has a fight and actually wins a fight with a demon (or whatever he actually is)
    And yes it's small compared to others but we Jason fans have seen worse so seeing Jason actually do something is still good
    But by taking him away
    Lenny has an interesting power and is a good gimmick
    it is neither too strong nor is it inconsistent that it hasn't been used before and it is too weak to not be a real threat
    Croc being the antagonist after the hill 0 is consistent with what happened in the prologue issue
    I don't like that Batman showed up
    I would have preferred some other issue without him

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I still think the mini is solid and is at a good place at the moment, we did get some nice characterization from the Watch to raise the stakes, although I doubt any of them are in serious danger. Jason continues to be written the best he has been written in years despite taking the backseat but as I said on the JT thread, I'll take that over Jason being the designed jobber of the plot any day of the week. I'm really curious to see how Martinbrough will handle Jason and Bruce's relationship, hopefully better than whatever is going on in the main comic, not that is a high bar to clear but still.

As for the art, I found Atkins way more easy on the eyes than Green's even if Jason having the gigachad chin makes me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Again very little Jason in this issue, but at least actually wins a fight (but no All Blade despite fighting some super natural Monster ...).
    I know, right?! Like, WTF! All-Blades' where it's at (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."