Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default First Look: Giant-Size X-Men (2024) #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/05/ex...-x-men-2024-1/

The preview features a new villain named Maze, who traps Angel in some kind of trippy mindscape. There are also appearances from Angel’s exes, including Candy.

THE AVENGING ANGEL LOSES HIMSELF IN A DANGEROUS MAZE OF THE MIND!

A mysterious card has lured the dashing Warren Worthington III, A.K.A.. ANGEL of the X-MEN, to a quiet New York City street…where he will undergo a torturous trial unlike any he’s ever faced before! A brand-new villain has it out for mutantkind – and aims to start by knocking Angel out of the sky! PLUS: Includes MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE #68 by Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio and Ron Wilson – a classic Angel-and-Thing team-up tale of daring, drama, doom…and disco?!

Incredible Member

Famine cameo! I hope they bring her back at some point. Maybe don't address the whole Apocalypse-raping-her stuff.

Thanks for posting. Candy!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Poor Candy. She literally had to cosplay as Jean to keep Warren interested

Who's the lady on the last page? Charlotte Jones with a new hairstyle?
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Candy Southern in the Marvel Girl costume means The Hidden Years has been recognized as part of canon continuity at last LOL

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Who's the lady on the last page? Charlotte Jones with a new hairstyle?
    Based on the costume I would guess that's the new Maze character.

This art is really rough, especially for a book that's $6.99.

Incredible Member

So with Betsy in the Asian body this means this happens in the past?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maze is a nice villain name. It's a pity she looks more like a circuit board. Mother Board would have been just as coolz, I think.
    And what's up with that Aunty hair? It's not at all difficult to look up stylish Black hairstyles.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So with Betsy in the Asian body this means this happens in the past?
    I dont think so. This takes place in his mind ad if you are going to reference Betsy, she has to be in the Asian body bc thats how she looked when they were in love. Candy has been dead for years and did not co-exist at the same time as Betsy. We are seeing past, present and future versions of Warren. He himsef is currently dead so Im wonder how we will end up being available for this story

Love acknowledging so much of Warren's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Maze is a nice villain name. It's a pity she looks more like a circuit board. Mother Board would have been just as coolz, I think.
    And what's up with that Aunty hair? It's not at all difficult to look up stylish Black hairstyles.
    Ooh I love "Mother Board."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Candy Southern! Even if it’s just a cameo or flashback, I am happy to see her recognized.

I do wonder why Charlotte Jones isn’t in that page with all of Warren’s supposed love interests. Even looks like they’re referencing that journalist Sally Floyd in that Generation M scene where it was retconned they had a fling in the past.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Liking what I'm seeing, eager to discover who the other characters are meant to be, if they are known people or just nameless randoms. Is that Vulture from Spider-Man?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.