Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Difficult to read, but I believe there is something like "Nico tells people she killed her toxic mom and then her father left her, but everybody thinks she's lying". Also "she's earning money doing some mysterious dark job, maybe witchcraft related"
    She feels like a character I've seen in manga/anime before .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    12 issues is not enough. Momoko needs to be as lost as we are when we return to the story. Or we just timeskip. Enough years that the story is now about kids from the original characters, who we barely got to know in the first place. We then spend the rest of the story skipping back and forth between present day, memories of Hisako when she was in school and also from when she was a younger kid and she saw things that she has forgotten. These things will be integral to the identity of the shadow man but when we get around to the reveal everyone will be so bored that it doesn’t matter anymore.

Edit: was it D.gray-man among other things you referenced?
    To be honest, no. Never read it, though the name rings a bell.

The part about the main character not actualy being a real person, but a sort of unknowing yet sapient construct of an actual person was partialy inspired by Dorohedoro and vague recollection of at least one other anime/manga with such a type of reveal. So it's no suprise if there are more.

After all it makes for a "good" existencial crisis story for a lead character to overcome.

As for the part about spending 12 issues on a flashback related to a long dead or just revealed character, One Piece and Battle Angel Alita: Last Order (Volume 6 and 7) came to my mind for that.

Soooo this seems like a regression from the Ultimate X-Men 22 years ago:/
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Looks like Marvel just wanted an Indy like comic to attract new readers. This is not X-Men. Even for an AU. Its like the creator wanted to make their comic but couldn't and wrote this for Marvel and just put the X-Men stamp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo this seems like a regression from the Ultimate X-Men 22 years ago:/
    How so, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Looks like Marvel just wanted an Indy like comic to attract new readers. This is not X-Men. Even for an AU. Its like the creator wanted to make their comic but couldn't and wrote this for Marvel and just put the X-Men stamp on it.
    Peach Momoko could get work at any publisher she wants. Marvel is lucky to have her, not the other way around.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Peach Momoko could get work at any publisher she wants. Marvel is lucky to have her, not the other way around.
    Peach Momoko is not up to my tastes in art or writing. Its X-Men. She should see herself as lucky. Anyway, I still stand by that this is not an X-Book. And it shouldn't be pushed as such.

I just wished Marvel allowed Peach to just continue to play in her Momokoverse (aka Demon Days/Wars), instead of this. DD/DW is so detached from canon, and she was smart in mixing Japanese folklore/mythology with Marvel characters and stories, that she can do whatever she wants. And everything of that saga so far is wonderful. I just wished we got more. I want to know how Sai and Logan met, and see all the other mutants introduced.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Is that white person with the earrings supposed to be storm?
    She's supposed to be a fan of Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Peach Momoko is not up to my tastes in art or writing. Its X-Men. She should see herself as lucky. Anyway, I still stand by that this is not an X-Book. And it shouldn't be pushed as such.
    Same here. I guess time will tell whether this "bold" move in direction for the title will attract a large, strong audience or not. For me though, it's really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    Same here. I guess time will tell whether this "bold" move in direction for the title will attract a large, strong audience or not. For me though, it's really disappointing.
    Agreed. For me, it’s not just that it feels so divorced from X-Men even for an AU take, it feels completely divorced from the entire New Ultimate line as well. It feels more like it would fit more with her Momokoverse than with this line. Even looking at the upcoming solicits isn’t really making me any more interested. The X-line is some of the most diverse in Marvel and by issue 4, the characters are all just a bunch of Japanese schoolgirls. I know it’s set in Japan but a little variety would be nice.

From what I see so far, Ultimate Spider-Man is a soap full of white people, Ultimates is also full of white people, and Ultimate Black Panther seems to be 100% black people.
    So I don't see any book being more diverse than the others.
    At least one of them doesn't have the same characters who are already getting plenty of spotlights in 616.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

From what I see so far, Ultimate Spider-Man is a soap full of white people, Ultimates is also full of white people, and Ultimate Black Panther seems to be 100% black people.
    At least one of them doesn't have the same characters who are already getting plenty of spotlights in 616.
    I guess diversity can also look like there being different things that feature all one group of people, as long as it’s not always white men, but when ethnically streamed super teams happen a lot it can’t help but start to resemble crypto-fascism. What’s the message - that the races and genders shouldn’t mix?

That’s a disingenuous argument and you know it. Last I checked, Black Panther is known for taking place in Africa in a nation that’s closed off to the rest of the world and Spider-Man is a solo title whose lead character that the majority of the spotlight is on is White. X-Men is a team series that features characters of all shapes, sizes and races not a singular one. And before you say that it’s Japan so of course they’d be Asian, while the vast majority of Japan’s population are Asian, there are still people of other races that have come to live there. Heck if the covers are to be believed, even Rogue is going to be made Asian in this book rather than introducing characters of other races into the cast of X-Men.

Fantastic Member

I just can't with this this isn't X-men its just not no Xavier no mansion no Magneto no 05 none of the classic characters we know its just a manga wannabe that wants to call itself "X-men"