Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    And their Wonder Woman design was probably her best animated look.
    I might even go with best WW voice, too. BJ Ward voiced Wonder Woman on 10 episodes of Super Friends from 1984-1985, and they brought her back for this episode.

I know the credits have her listed as Cyrene, but I'm >99% sure that the credits were flipped.

There's only one crossover episode, with Wonder Woman.

Anyway, yeah I have this show on DVD, and I think it's pretty great!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Today I learned there was a 80's Supes cartoon.
    Same, I thought the only 80s DC comics cartoon was Superfriends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm surprised that this didn't last more seasons. I wanted to see more. And eventually to see Batman and others. CBS killed the show prematurely.
    Of course, this was the era where "new style" characters began dominating: Ninja Turtles, toy-based franchises, etc., and Saturday morning programming in general was a few years away from disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm surprised that this didn't last more seasons. I wanted to see more. And eventually to see Batman and others. CBS killed the show prematurely.
    Of course, this was the era where "new style" characters began dominating: Ninja Turtles, toy-based franchises, etc., and Saturday morning programming in general was a few years away from disappearing.
    Yeah apparently they were considering making a Teen Titans show to go alongside Super Friends.

Also the reason Aquaman disappears from DCAU... is that at some point they wanted to make an Aquaman show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Same, I thought the only 80s DC comics cartoon was Superfriends.
    well you and other people were wrong. There were other cartoon shows based on DC Comics characters in the mid and late 1980s besides Super Friends

Superman 1988 cartoon
    Swamp thing the cartoon show
    Batman and the Super 7
    The Kid Super Power Hour
    The Legendary Super Powers Show

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

It had the best Superman/Wonder Woman team up ever. I tried watching other episodes, largely meh. In my opinion, they should've stuck with the team ups, drop the 1978 homages (which was ten years old at that point, with several garbage movies).

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah apparently they were considering making a Teen Titans show to go alongside Super Friends.

Also the reason Aquaman disappears from DCAU... is that at some point they wanted to make an Aquaman show.
    if a Teen Titans show were produced back then, that could have been awesome. For fans of the 1980s era team, certainly. I wonder who they could have gotten to voice the characters back then

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if a Teen Titans show were produced back then, that could have been awesome. For fans of the 1980s era team, certainly. I wonder who they could have gotten to voice the characters back then
    They did actualyl have a tiny bit they made for like a TV commercial I think that actually SHOWED that era's look for them in animation.