Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Question Interesting Development In The Preview For Outsiders #6

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/05/dc...w-outsiders-6/

So this is how DC has decided to use The Snowflake from the Wildstorm. The Snowflake is actually the structure of The Greater Omniverse.
    I'll admit that the book has been kind of hit or miss with me so far, but this is an interesting development.
    After bringing back the Infinite Multiverse (Earths) at the end of Dark Crisis On Infinite Earths, and telling us The Omniverse was a lie, I thought we were going to bury the concept of Infinite Multiverses.
    I'm interested to see where this is going, and if it has anything to do with the rumors of a new Ultimate DC Universe line.
    Could this new Ultimate DC Universe actually be a whole different (new) Multiverse altogether?
    I'm keeping my eyes on this book.

Amazing Member

https://www.openweb.com/share/2elA2a...GIpfwBUyPJFHzv

Here's my theory on what we are looking at from over on Bleeding Cool.
    Anyone else have any idea what this could be leading to?

Astonishing Member

They changed their mind again, now multiple multiverses again.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    They changed their mind again, now multiple multiverses again.
    DC Editorial has been in kind of a flux these last few years. I blame a little of that on the whole Warner / Discovery deal, and people jobs being uncertain.

It's interesting to me that for years we only had one Universe, and now we have 4 different flavors of Multiverses (Dark Multiverse, Infinite Multiverse, Hypertime, and Infinite Multiverses).

Now, I'm not against having those 4 flavors, but I wish DC would stick with the concept instead of changing their minds all of the time. In the hands of exceptional writers, I believe there is incredible potential for the whole Omniverse concept.

My guess is that with Scott Snyder rumored to be coming back, and him being a big proponent of the Omniverse concept, that they decided to bring it back.

DC hasn't really explored the concept outside of Grant Morrison introducing the concept in The Multiversity, Snyder using it in Justice League and Dark Nights: Death Metal, and Brian Michael Bendis using it to an extent in Naomi and Justice League. I would love to see what other kind of Multiverses are out there.

I'm guessing that Outsiders is setting up a possible return of the original Wildstorm Multiverse, which would be great, since Wildstorm seems to work better on it's own, but we'll have to see.

Personally, I would be happy to see this rumored Ultimate DC line have it's own Multiverse instead of being just another Earth in the current DC Multiverse. Let the new Ultimate DC get a really fresh start with it's own set of Infinite Earths.

Now, we just have to see who gets to deal with Hypertime once Geoff Johns is gone.

Astonishing Member

The new snowflake is different from the infinite multiple multiverses and the original meaning of the omniverse, multiple multiverses were walked back before the new snowflake revival.

Now it's the Infinite Multiverse, Dark Multiverse, Hypertime and multiple more multiverses. One of the panels in the link confirms there aren't infinite multiverses.
    Last edited by D.Z; 04-08-2024 at 05:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

I have to see how it all works. And if they jettison off anything else.

The (space) side contains the Omniverse, which contains the Dark Multiverse, the infinite Multiverse, Metaverse, the sphere of the gods on one side. On the other side for Time contains hypertime and more

Omniverse-001.jpg

But Geoff Johns is soon gone now, so they could decide to scrap his concepts if they want to.
    Last edited by D.Z; 04-08-2024 at 06:08 PM.

Amazing Member

The new snowflake is different from the infinite multiple multiverses and the original meaning of the omniverse, multiple multiverses were walked back before the new snowflake revival.

Now it's the Infinite Multiverse, Dark Multiverse, Hypertime and multiple more multiverses. One of the panels in the link confirms there aren't infinite multiverses.
    Ah, that's kind of a question that I was talking about on Bleeding Cool.

Lucius Fox calls it Infinite, but The Drummer (aka Jakita Wagner of the original Planetary team) says it's 196,833 Multiverses.

The question is, which is correct?
    From the mathematical idea that Warren Ellis based the Snowflake fractal (The Monster Group) it could be Infinite, but it would be more then 196,833 Multiverses to say the least. Ellis kind of mixed up the pot by throwing the 196,833 Universes line into Planetary / Batman, and now it's kind of stuck on that. I guess we will have to wait and see how they play this out. My guess is it will be the 196,833 just to put a cap on it. DC loves arbitrary numbers on things anyway.

I'd like to see what DC does with this concept none the less..
    Last edited by Bill Lange; 04-08-2024 at 06:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

I have to go with Jakita Wagner.

Surprised they're using Ellis ideas since he is perma cancelled. The old snowflake he created was counting universes, the new one is counting multiverses.

Amazing Member

I have to see how it all works. And if they jettison off anything else.

The (space) side contains the Omniverse, which contains the Dark Multiverse, the infinite Multiverse, Metaverse, the sphere of the gods on one side. On the other side for Time contains hypertime and more

Omniverse-001.jpg

But Geoff Johns is soon gone now, so they could decide to scrap his concepts if they want to.
    Yea, I kind of see that change is coming too.

I hope DC just adds the Multiple Multiverses to The Divine Continuum, but depending on how DC brass seems to feel about Johns leaving, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Amazing Member

I have to go with Jakita Wagner.

Surprised they're using Ellis ideas since he is perma cancelled. The old snowflake he created was counting universes, the new one is counting multiverses.
    Ellis maybe cancelled as far as new work, but they still sell his trades, so I guess they just decided to repurpose it.

Fractals are usually used to visualize big numbers, like Pi, so I'm not really sure you would use a fractal to visualize 196,833. That's just such a small number for such a concept.

Having said that, Jakita gets the benefit of the doubt because she's dealt with this before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post
    DC Editorial has been in kind of a flux these last few years. I blame a little of that on the whole Warner / Discovery deal, and people jobs being uncertain.

It's interesting to me that for years we only had one Universe, and now we have 4 different flavors of Multiverses (Dark Multiverse, Infinite Multiverse, Hypertime, and Infinite Multiverses).

Now, I'm not against having those 4 flavors, but I wish DC would stick with the concept instead of changing their minds all of the time. In the hands of exceptional writers, I believe there is incredible potential for the whole Omniverse concept.

My guess is that with Scott Snyder rumored to be coming back, and him being a big proponent of the Omniverse concept, that they decided to bring it back.

DC hasn't really explored the concept outside of Grant Morrison introducing the concept in The Multiversity, Snyder using it in Justice League and Dark Nights: Death Metal, and Brian Michael Bendis using it to an extent in Naomi and Justice League. I would love to see what other kind of Multiverses are out there.

I'm guessing that Outsiders is setting up a possible return of the original Wildstorm Multiverse, which would be great, since Wildstorm seems to work better on it's own, but we'll have to see.

Personally, I would be happy to see this rumored Ultimate DC line have it's own Multiverse instead of being just another Earth in the current DC Multiverse. Let the new Ultimate DC get a really fresh start with it's own set of Infinite Earths.

Now, we just have to see who gets to deal with Hypertime once Geoff Johns is gone.
    Mark Waid invented hypertime

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Mark Waid invented hypertime
    Mark Waid and Grant Morrison co-created Hypertime, but I don't know if Mark wants to play in that sandbox right now. World's Finest has be using the Infinite Multiverse (Most noticeably Earth 22) for the most part.

Although, the ship Boy Thunder came to Earth 0 in did use a Hypertime Drive, so maybe Waid could end up using Hypertime after Geoff Johns is finished with Justice Society Of America.

I'm also getting the feeling that DC maybe bringing a lot of old stuff back for next years 90th anniversary celebration.

Maybe we can get to see Earth 1956 (The Pre-Crisis Earth One) and Earth 1938 (Which, based on how Earth One became Earth 1956, should then be the Pre-Crisis Earth Two) involved in some project next year, as well as the return of the Wildstorm Multiverse.

At least I can hope. DC has a infamous track record for disappointing fans as of late.

Astonishing Member

The current EiC of DC was one of Ellis's biggest boosters at Marvel during the 90s. Ruins, the Ellis Dr. Strange, Druid and Hellstorm all had her involvement as editor. It was a well known fact even back in the early internet days on the Marvel Newsgroups.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The current EiC of DC was one of Ellis's biggest boosters at Marvel during the 90s. Ruins, the Ellis Dr. Strange, Druid and Hellstorm all had her involvement as editor. It was a well known fact even back in the early internet days on the Marvel Newsgroups.
    I already know all that. But his ideas being used while being cancelled is weird. Still giving him royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't follow him, but supposedly this is from his newsletter:

from his March 17 newsletter: "Tentatively adding PROJECT NONESUCH to the board, a comics series with an old friend which will hopefully go to contract some time in the next few weeks so that I can start writing in May." he is working in comics!
    Wouldn't be shocked if this is actually Black Label series.