BANNED

Default non comic book movies that rely on the great power greater responsibility theme

Since the old Spider-Man comic started that crap with greater responsibility yada yada, there are a few movies back in the 1980s that relied a little on the whole thing with great power comes greater responsibility

Teen Wolf
    Teen Wolf Too
    Teen Witch

any other movie besides those?

Well, there's the Christian Bible.

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required" Luke 12:48

Stan Lee may have found an artful phrasing that sticks with people, but the idea that people have a responsibility to use their talents to help others/society is ancient.

BANNED

I wasn't asking about the frikkin bible. I was asking what other movies had the theme of great power greater responsibility like in the Teen Wolf movies and Teen Witch.

WERE THERE OTHER MOVIES BESIDES THOSE?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

Stan Lee may have found an artful phrasing that sticks with people, but the idea that people have a responsibility to use their talents to help others/society is ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    I wasn't asking about the frikkin bible. I was asking what other movies had the theme of great power greater responsibility like in the Teen Wolf movies and Teen Witch.

WERE THERE OTHER MOVIES BESIDES THOSE?
    I mean, any movie about a prince or princess being prepared to take the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

^^^Yeah the Bible’s good like that; there’s tons of well known sayings have been cribbed from it.
    Even the kinda silly “A little birdie told me” comes from Ecclesiastes 10:20.

On topic, BACK TO THE FUTURE.

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

There was a line about it in John Ford's Oscar winner How Green is My Valley.

"But remember that with strength goes responsibility-to others and to yourselves."

This seems like a movie that Peter watched with Uncle Ben and Aunt May.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Since the old Spider-Man comic started that crap with greater responsibility yada yada, there are a few movies back in the 1980s that relied a little on the whole thing with great power comes greater responsibility

Teen Wolf
    Teen Wolf Too
    Teen Witch

any other movie besides those?
    I doubt anyone has seen this movie by Manhattan Melodrama with Clark Gable, Myrna Loy and William Powell. Here Powell was the Governor, and was offered the chance to run for President, but he resigned the Governors office because instead he chose to take responsibility for an action that benefited him. Great gangster movie.

The Matrix movies when you think about it.

Neo, Morpheus and Trinity are freedom fighters, knowing the truth and go out to free other people's minds.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Android 17;6776932]The Matrix movies when you think about it.

Neo, Morpheus and Trinity are freedom fighters, knowing the truth and go out to free other people's minds.[/QUOTE
    Really disliked the last Matrix film. Comparing that to the original is like comparing Godfather 3 to the original.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Really disliked the last Matrix film. Comparing that to the original is like comparing Godfather 3 to the original.
    Or comparing the Matrix to the Godfather? Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member

I am going to go with a dark horse candidate here, but I also want to add the James Bond movie License to Kill on this list. When one of 007s close friends ends up injured, he forsakes being an agent for MI6 (his responsibilities) to go after a drug cartel leader using all his spy knowledge (his powers). His actions cause all kinds of damage likely killing a lot of innocent people (he blows up a laboratory and even if some of the people knew they were making drugs, because of where they are it is likely a choice of evils), ruins a long in the works operation organized by his own people getting them killed, and imperils the people who are working with him and who actually believe in him. You can even argue his actions at the beginning of the movie are similar to Amazing Fantasy #15: his refusual to let the bad guy go leads to Bond not only catching him, but doing so in way that leads to sad bad guy feeling so humilated he feels the need to prove himself by mutilating Bond's friend and killing that friends new wife.