Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your reaction if James Rogers became canon.

James Rogers the son of Captain America and Black Widow what would you're reaction be if he became a part of the main stream continuity and canon? Along with the other kids from Next Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    James Rogers the son of Captain America and Black Widow what would you're reaction be if he became a part of the main stream continuity and canon? Along with the other kids from Next Avengers.
    They already are kind of canon already because they appear in Avengers World. Do you mean Steve Rogers and Black Widow hookup in 616 and have a baby named James Rogers?

I always wanted something different done, like re visit Sharon's pregnancy and lost baby , I always thought that was fishy.

I wanted a kid between Sharon and Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonSnow View Post
    They already are kind of canon already because they appear in Avengers World. Do you mean Steve Rogers and Black Widow hookup in 616 and have a baby named James Rogers?
    That's something I've been wondering... since I haven't started with Avengers World at the beginning of the story arc. Are those Next Avengers kids from an alt-future, because the explanation was confusing. Future-Jocasta said that Hill had put up a team of secret Avengers who agreed to have their memories wiped out after each mission (convenient for the comics continuity if you ask me) and that those children are theirs. That team of Secret Avengers, is it from an alt-universe? When did this happened? I've asked this question on another forum but never got any answer...

But to answer the question of the thread, apart from the fact that yes, James Rogers is kind of canon already, the character itself seems interesting enough to develop. Although I'm not sure I could ever buy into a relationship between Cap and Widow. Those two don't really fit, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    I always wanted something different done, like re visit Sharon's pregnancy and lost baby , I always thought that was fishy.

I wanted a kid between Sharon and Steve...
    Yeah I wanted that too. What's going on with Sharon anyway? Is she dumping cap for getting old? If so that's really harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    That's something I've been wondering... since I haven't started with Avengers World at the beginning of the story arc. Are those Next Avengers kids from an alt-future, because the explanation was confusing. Future-Jocasta said that Hill had put up a team of secret Avengers who agreed to have their memories wiped out after each mission (convenient for the comics continuity if you ask me) and that those children are theirs. That team of Secret Avengers, is it from an alt-universe? When did this happened? I've asked this question on another forum but never got any answer...

But to answer the question of the thread, apart from the fact that yes, James Rogers is kind of canon already, the character itself seems interesting enough to develop. Although I'm not sure I could ever buy into a relationship between Cap and Widow. Those two don't really fit, IMO.

They haven't made it explicitly clear but I believe the next avengers come from an alt/possible future, kind of like Storm's other child (Kymera) comes from a possible (hellish) xmen future. I don't think they are foreshadowing the birth of future 616 Avengers' kids. As for Black Widow and Steve, I agree that it would be bizarre for them to have a romance. I can accept the Next Avengers as they are presented in Avengers World but not if StevexNatasha, T'challaxStorm, HankxWasp, ClintxBobby and ThorxSif were to have kids in 616.

BANNED

Dislike the idea.

It's a interesting concept but the kids themselves are kinda lame. I would rather it be a different bunch if it had to happen. Besides that the MU has enough cannon folder teens as is. If they kill a few off then maybe ...
    Last edited by Trident; 09-10-2014 at 05:25 AM.

If you mean to say James Rogers becomes canon though 616 Steve and Natasha, then no. Bucky's best friend and brain wiped ex-girlfriend making a baby is just all kinds of wrong. But if you mean a time displaced James Rogers, then I don't see why not.

I don't like it for two reasons. I don't buy a Cap and Natasha relationship in the 616. I feel like there would be a lot of better combinations than with Natasha. I also don't like the fact that the boy's name is James. I understand that it is the name of Cap's best friend, but he is also Natasha's lover until the mind wipe. It's weird that they would use James unless he dies in the future and it's in his honor.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    If you mean to say James Rogers becomes canon though 616 Steve and Natasha, then no. Bucky's best friend and brain wiped ex-girlfriend making a baby is just all kinds of wrong. But if you mean a time displaced James Rogers, then I don't see why not.
    Well I wasn't thinking they could do that right now or something one idea I had was maybe have James Rogers time travel to the current story and give like subtle hints to his identity have the identity of his parents being Black Widow and Captain America be a complete shock. Though I can see his birth as part of an evil scheme set up by Red Skull in a plot to drive a wedge between Barnes and Rogers in an attepmt to drive Barnes back into life as the Winter Soldier. It could also be a plot where Skull is taking the DNA of two nearly physically perfect humans to create a even more perfect human soldier and with modern tech there is all kinds of ways he pull that off surrogacy being just one of the options.

But lets face it he has a better chance of appearing in the movies especially after seeing Widow and Cap in the movie Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Castiel; 09-10-2014 at 07:36 AM.

I liked the movie but those kids should never happen in the 616
    We need better comics

He would be compared with Damian.
    At least Marvel didn't turn Bucky into somekind of secret agent working for a mysterious organization.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

In the main universe no.. alternate oh yea i'm all for it and they cross over into the main one yes, but nothing long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    If you mean to say James Rogers becomes canon though 616 Steve and Natasha, then no. Bucky's best friend and brain wiped ex-girlfriend making a baby is just all kinds of wrong.
    And then names it after him, hahaha.

I think he would make more sense if he was Bucky's son.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 09-10-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!