Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

That’s it. Thanks. Looking like we might see a reunion of those three soon. Either in Wolverine or in X-Force. Possibly both.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yes, but Forge wasn't in that scene. Edit: LOL, I didn't read closely enough, Dani was delivering a message from Forge.

Attachment 138752

Attachment 138753

Attachment 138754

Not Claremont's best dialogue...

Dani, Wolverine, and Forge were in a scene in the 2000 Annual, but Dani didn't say anything. Dani and Forge were in a scene earlier in the Annual, but Logan wasn't in it.
    I remember Claremont wanted to position Dani as Forge's assistant at the time, although neither appeared enough in that run before it finished to fully flesh what that actually entailed. It would be a fun callback if Forge now enlisted Dani for his new X-Force.

I'm excited about a possible larger role for Forge: in the early 90's he became more of a tech support guy but before that, Claremont established him as as an ex-soldier, magician and someone who got **** done during the Muir Island X-Men era. And then later in the 90's he led an incarnation of X-Factor. We've seen him take on a more proactive role in Duggan's X-Men and leading a new X-Force team is very much a continuation of that I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I remember Claremont wanted to position Dani as Forge's assistant at the time, although neither appeared enough in that run before it finished to fully flesh what that actually entailed. It would be a fun callback if Forge now enlisted Dani for his new X-Force.

I'm excited about a possible larger role for Forge: in the early 90's he became more of a tech support guy but before that, Claremont established him as as an ex-soldier, magician and someone who got **** done during the Muir Island X-Men era. And then later in the 90's he led an incarnation of X-Factor. We've seen him take on a more proactive role in Duggan's X-Men and leading a new X-Force team is very much a continuation of that I think.
    Yeah, Claremont was positioning him as one of his new X-Men, but plans changed, Lee got creative control and the line ups got reshuffled, so Forge became their tech guy and then left. Hopefully he has an active role in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    We need a Starjammers guest appearance!
    Jumping off this...who do folks see as being a fitting supporting cast for a cosmic book?

We need a Starjammers guest appearance!
    Phoenix encountering her father-in-law and co. would be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Like the idea of Forge taking center stage in something so X-Force has some appeal to me.

I've read the original NYX when it was about average everyday mutants in an urban setting before it turned into an X-23 solo. I actually enjoyed it despite it being heavily disregarded at the time among critics and fans. It was nice to see mutant life outside of the superhero stuff. Just trying to get by. That said, I wouldn't mind a new book with a cast with the younger mutants (though I prefer them to graduate). I also have no interest in Kamala and hope she isn't in this era.

Now, Pheonix. Not sure. It will depend on reader reviews for me.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-08-2024 at 10:25 PM.

Although I love jean I’m sceptical about phoenix book. Phoenix has been mischaracterised for the last 10-15 years. It’s been treated like power boost and nothing more (even many jean stans seem to see phoenix only as a Jean’s power but don’t care about phoenix’s role in universe). Marvel really doesn’t know what to do with phoenix.
    Idk for some reason people see jean and phoenix in one sentence and it’s enough for them to call it a hit. Idk too many of you overhype it.

The fact that Stephanie Phillips is a possible writer doesn’t make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Can confirm it’s not him because Al is slowly leaving marvel so he won’t get any new projects

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am really hoping NYX does NOT include Kamala, as it will then become a very childish book, as the previous two mini series off her proved to be.
    As Force is leading X-Force, I think X-Factor will not have that 90's feel as some had hoped for. Though I must admit, Forge being a team leader is unexpected, but interesting. Wonder what the rest of the cast is like
    Phoenix, I was hoping it would include Hope and Askani as well. Not sure I am thrilled about yet another Jean solo, as we had a few already recently. Perhaps a Rogue, Emma or even Kwannon solo would have hyped me more.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Can confirm it’s not him because Al is slowly leaving marvel so he won’t get any new projects
    If that is true, then that would be awfull, Ewing is currently one of the best writers at Marvel.

I'm up for a Forge-lead book.
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If that is true, then that would be awfull, Ewing is currently one of the best writers at Marvel.

Marvel is losing their best writers. Gillen is leaving, Spurrier seems to stay in DC. Even Hickman’s gods was originally for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Claremont gave him a name but it never made it to print, so it's been Forge ever since. I do hope they go with Daniel Lone Eagle if they finally decide to do so.
    I don’t know. He kinda strikes me as being well more of a say Fred Perry type
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Marvel is losing their best writers. Gillen is leaving, Spurrier seems to stay in DC. Even Hickman’s gods was originally for DC.
    For real! Looking at current ongoing series writers, Jed MacKay is easily their best exclusive writer. PKJ has Hulk, but he’s split Marvel/DC currently and we know there’s more DC work on the way.

I’m inclined to believe the leaks of Paknadel, Shalvey, Ahmed, and Phillips writing X-Force, X-Factor, Wolverine, and Jean Grey, respectively, and it’s a tad underwhelming; though good for those writers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    With him writing an anthology story for DC it seemed like it was inevitable. Also I feel like I see less sudden cancellations and crazy short mini’s (4 issues is insane) over at DC. They’ve even had a couple of mini’s extend into ongoings. After Ewing has been burned so many times with forced crossovers, early cancellations, etc. I think it would make sense for him to look at other options. Plus, there aren’t many Marvel properties he hasn’t already done. Fantastic Four seems to be the only thing left that really aligns with his strengths.