Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That sounds like Flatscan talk.
    Mutants are mutants.
    I'll always consider Kamala an intruder to the mutants franchise. Ms Pretender is a fitting name. It's my right to consider her like that and not change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Kamala is a mutant now thanks to the TV show. And to be fair I wouldn't want my favorite to be associated with the Inhumans these days. They really screwed them up both in live action and in comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I know that, but I don't love how Marvel does synergy. It's done more harm than good for multiple characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Exactly. I feel that it was a poor and shoe-horned decission to make her a mutant, all the fear and hated stuff seems pretty random on her and forced and doesn't fit her at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I didn’t caee for Ms Marvel. Making her a mutant in an obvious marketing push to get me to like her has made me actively dislike her being forced.
    I'll always consider Kamala an intruder to the mutants franchise. Ms Pretender is a fitting name. It's my right to consider her like that and not change my mind.
    According to the character's creators, wasn't it corporate "synergy" that caused her origin to be that of an Inhuman instead of a mutant in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lame Ugly Looking Joke View Post
    According to the character's creators, wasn't it corporate "synergy" that caused her origin to be that of an Inhuman instead of a mutant in the first place?
    I think that still making her Inhuman in the first place did her better, it made her stood up. If she was made a mutant from the start, she would't have lasted, as there were already a ton of mutants.

Fantastic Member

I say retcon her to only being a mutant, and give back Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The Inhumans deserve nothing. I'll never forgive them for their behavior in that crossover.

I hope when they publish the article it tells us when we can expect announcements for storm, xfactor and wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    I hope when they publish the article it tells us when we can expect announcements for storm, xfactor and wolverine
    I think that they'll anounce those series by next month if they will be realeased in August.

Incredible Member

Boy... I have no marketing background, or any clue what kind of research they did on the revamped line. But, of the six books revealed so far, I can only see Uncanny X-Men and X-Men having any kind of lengthy (for these days) run. The line-ups and creative teams for the others just don't really seem to inspire much optimism. Was hopeful for X-Factor, but based off what we've been shown so far, those hopes are dwindling.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    God I hope so. The only books I’m excited for so far are Uncanny X-men and Wolverine. Will also give X-men, Phoenix and X-Force a shot, but not exactly pumped for those. Not getting my hopes up for X-Factor. Will likely be the Mystique book by Declan Shalvey.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Underwhelmed by the announcements so far. Hopefully the X-Factor book will be interesting, really hope that Mystique/Shalvey rumor isn't true.

My interest level so far: X-Force>>>>Exceptional=X-Men (would be higher with a different artist)>>Uncanny>>>>>>>>Phoenix=NYX

Right now X-Men and X-Force are the sure buys for me, with Uncanny and X-factor in the waiting list. I have absolutely no interest in Exceptional, and NYX is not for me. In any case I am glad that at least the fans of those characters will have a title to follow, and that the New X-Men kids are at least a big part of the relaunch after taken a back seat for so many years. I am still curious about X-Factor, but if it ends being a Mystique book I am out.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm torn because I feel the vibe of book Laura is normally in is very different than the vibe of book Kamala is in. But I'm open. Very happy to see Prodigy especially if indeed that's him.
    I hope the stark difference between them is highlighted, cause I think that could present a fun dynamic. Obviously here for Prodigy content. Also about time Marvel did a X-book for young characters that isn’t about them being students/ learning how to use their powers.

As of now, this is where I'm at for the announced books.

Definitely getting: Uncanny, Adjectiveless and X-Force.

Willing to give a chance: Phoenix

Not interested: Exceptional, NYX

Of the remaining three, the only one I'm curious about is X-Factor. I like Wolverine and Storm in general, but not enough to read their solo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    I say retcon her to only being a mutant, and give back Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The Inhumans deserve nothing. I'll never forgive them for their behavior in that crossover.
    Agreed about the Maximoffs. Kamala's origin isn't getting retconned though. In fact, I don't think she's even going to have her mutant gift revealed. We already know the Inhumans are appearing in the last issue of Mutant Menace. They'll probably do something to suppress the X gene as that's causing the problem. What won't change is Kamala's desire to help the mutants' cause. After all, discrimination against mutants is no different to discrimination against youth (which she experienced in Outlawed) or discrimination against Muslims, is it? She'll want everyone to be able to live in harmony. White or Black. Christian or Muslim. Normal human or Mutant. Which was always Xavier's dream.

I do wonder if they'll use her in the Ultimate Comics. They can use a version with her MCU powers there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm torn because I feel the vibe of book Laura is normally in is very different than the vibe of book Kamala is in. But I'm open. Very happy to see Prodigy especially if indeed that's him.
    Feel like it really depends on what era of Laura. There's certainly an odd couple aspect to the two teaming up, but All-New Wolverine Laura teaming up with Kamala doesn't feel too odd to me.

Yes: Uncanny, X-Men, Phoenix
    Maybe: Exceptional
    No: NYX, X-Force
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'