Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The Phoenix/Jean Grey solo could have been a great idea if 1980's Marvel would have created it for the 1980's buyership.

Now? Not so much.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-08-2024 at 04:06 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So a new Jean solo only she's full-blown Phoenix and probably wearing that costume from an upcoming cover?

It looks like she's also in space so pretty disconnected from what's happening to Mutants on Earth...so probably a heavy Cosmic book.

I wonder how Scott feels about that.
    As Phoenix hasn’t she teleported across the universe? She can still make it home for dinner and bedtime

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like the biggest reveal here is Forge being the lead (or at least the catalyst) of X-Force. That is a HUGE glow up from being everyone’s tech support for 50 years. Do y’all think we’ll finally get to learn his name?
    I wonder if they'll canonize Daniel Lone Eagle.
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Attachment 138743
    Jean's doing Phoenix work. Scott will understand and wait for her... or start banging the nearest sexy telepath. Hi, Kwannon!
    The costume will have to grow on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    We need a Starjammers guest appearance!
    It would be fun to see Jean team-up with her Father-in-Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Marvel, you have my full attention. Hopefully the reveals will happen sooner than Friday

A Forge-led X-Force has a lot of potential. I can't wait to see who Daniel Lone Eagle brings along for the ride.

Jean going fully cosmic with the Phoenix could be interesting - Stephanie Phillips was recently saying she was asked to make her pitch more cosmic than it originally was, so I guess she's all but confirmed as the writer.

NYX can also be a lot of fun, I believe Brevoort was recently teasing Laura, Everett and Kamala as some of the characters involved. It could be a fun, non-team ensemble book, again fingers crossed on a great creative team.
    It's probably going to be a teen/young adult X-Book so probably Laura and Kamala...I don't want to see Laura and Synch in another book together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I still think there's some underlying validity to the initial leaked list that came out, despite it not being 100% accurate. Of the rumored line up titles, here's what we got...

This leaves the following, and I'll make a guess as to what they end up being...

That leaves NYX, which I have no clue about (rumored to have Kamala Khan and I'm betting Laura Kinney too and a few others), and Storm's solo.
    We should have a pretty good idea of how accurate this was after this week. If Phoenix is Philipps and at least one of the two team books is by Paknadel or Shalvey I think it's pretty likely that all of the creative teams are real.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    We should have a pretty good idea of how accurate this was after this week. If Phoenix is Philipps and at least one of the two team books is by Paknadel or Shalvey I think it's pretty likely that all of the creative teams are real.
    Same here. Of these, I'm most interested in X-Force and what the lineup is for that book. X-Factor could be interesting too. I'm predicting Mystique and/or Bishop in that one.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just want to take this in. This is for all of you who kept the hope and faith alive! 🥹 🔥

Yes indeed!

I am so Happy and in Awe!

As I have been saying from last Summer, "The Phoenix shall soar in 2024!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The Phoenix/Jean Grey solo could have been a great idea if 1980's Marvel would have created it for the 1980's buyership.

Now? Not so much.
    I think Marvel did miss out much by the mishandling of Jean and Phoenix back in the 1980's. But that is the past.

We fans of it finally are getting it now and I for one am highly excited! I cannot wait to see it.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Well, X-Force has my full attention now, with Forge being one of my absolute favorites. I hope they finally reveal his full name (no reason for it to be secret). Uncanny and Adjectiveless are probably on my list too, don't care for the rest (we'll see about X-factor).
    Last edited by Technopriest; 04-08-2024 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like the biggest reveal here is Forge being the lead (or at least the catalyst) of X-Force. That is a HUGE glow up from being everyone’s tech support for 50 years. Do y’all think we’ll finally get to learn his name?
    To be fair, he was the commander of X-Factor in the 90s (as well as in TAS)... And then he went bananas for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Alright Forge, getting top billing on the ad! The man has come a long way and I'm happy for him.
    Yes, very excited for his leadership and training to carry a big punch. I'm so curious who his team will be, but I have a strong suspicion his team will be filled with utility-mutants because Forge "knows how to fix it". Mystique, Destiny, Multiple Man, Cypher, Monet, Trinary,... A-New-Character-That-Can-Do-A-Thing-For-The-Plot-That-Apparently-No-One-Else-Can-Do-Meaning-The-Writer-Just-Wants-Money-For-New-Character

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I hope that NYX features an Academy X cast, but I will be dissapointed and will probably feature Kamala and a bunch of new characters.
    Same though. Would love to see Hellion, Mercury, Dust, and/or Wrongslide get some love.

I do have a suspicion they might use Woofer, who got some attention and comedy relief during FotHoX

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really need X-Factor and X-Force newssssss
    They're serving nothing, right now. I'm dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same here. Of these, I'm most interested in X-Force and what the lineup is for that book. X-Factor could be interesting too. I'm predicting Mystique and/or Bishop in that one.
    If it's Bishop, I hope he's leading, and I hope there's some love given to his history.

As for the PHOENIX title - is it just me, or does that solicit sound horribly lonely...

I hope this adventure doesn't pull her out of relevancy. I feel like they really did something amazing with her during Krakoa, and I do NOT want that to regress.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I'm really looking forward to the Brevoort era of X...

My hopes:

X-Force - Being similar to the original concept have have the team being proactive instead of reactive. I hope for at least half of the team to be original members, but I'd love for Thunderbird (John) to find a home here.
    Phoenix - I would love to see this as a Silver Surfer-esque series where she ends up all over the cosmos and a great opportunity to use many other Marvel cosmic characters and settings.
    NYX - I'd like to see the younger mutants living in New York... Kamala, Synch, Laura (let her take the Talon name, I guess) and a couple other ones. Maybe Mercury?

All in all, everything is looking good for me. I think the X-Books were at their best when there were four titles, but nine won't be too bad..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Well, X-Force has my full attention now, with Forge being one of my absolute favorites. I hope they finally reveal his full name )no reason for it to be secret). Uncanny and Adjectiveless are probably on my list too, don't care for the rest (we'll see about X-factor).
    I don't think that most writers cared enough about Forge to give him a name.

We have seen Greg Capullo art teases of Forge, as well as Dani Moonstar & Colossus. I still think given everything we know that Capullo is the artist on Wolverine but perhaps those are X-Force characters appearing in that book?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't think that most writers cared enough about Forge to give him a name.
    Claremont gave him a name but it never made it to print, so it's been Forge ever since. I do hope they go with Daniel Lone Eagle if they finally decide to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    We have seen Greg Capullo art teases of Forge, as well as Dani Moonstar & Colossus. I still think given everything we know that Capullo is the artist on Wolverine but perhaps those are X-Force characters appearing in that book?
    Exactly my thought, hence I believe Wolverine is probably on X-Force too. Perhaps not, but it would make sense if they're showing up in his book. Or, conversely, if Capullo is doing X-Force instead, well, we've seen his drawings of Wolverine too, so we'd know he's in that book. Either way.

Not getting a great feeling about Cable's chances of showing up anywhere in the relaunch now...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Wolverine is in Uncanny X-men. He dont need to be in X-Force too. I really hope he isnt.