Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I forgot about that one. I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't one of the ones announced at the con since it would be weird to me for them to have more so soon after two sets of announcements. Maybe there will be more books in January like a second wave?
    I think it's pretty likely that the line will be bigger than just 9 titles. Brevoort said it would be as big as the Krakoan era because they have certain sales goals that are harder to reach with fewer books. Around 12 seems plausible.

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    It is a crime that Bonita hasn't been Phoenix.
    It’s a crime to pass the phoenix around like it’s an STD

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Thanks, boo! ��❤️ I just stumbled across this tweet, which will turn three years old when ‘Phoenix’ drops.

https://twitter.com/Jean_RED_Grey/st...27224960475140

I’m still shook. ��
    Stumbled on it? That tweet poster is using the same avatar you're using here!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    So, so funny they’re using the Ultraverse logo. Funniest possible choice. Incredible.
    Yeah, did they choose that instead of the 2010s Phoenix Resurrection logo (the book adult Jean came back in after being killed at the end of New X-Men) because the newer logo wouldn't have matched all of the other, retro, ones? Phoenix admittedly didn't have many old logos to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If that is true, then that would be awfull, Ewing is currently one of the best writers at Marvel.
    He is doing a DC anthology, but that's a one-off. I assumed he was just going non-exclusive. Safe bet to assume he is done on X-Men though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think it's pretty likely that the line will be bigger than just 9 titles. Brevoort said it would be as big as the Krakoan era because they have certain sales goals that are harder to reach with fewer books. Around 12 seems plausible.
    It never occurred to me that it was only (only lol) 9 titles it felt like more. I'm wondering if they announced the ongoings and will be announcing mini's later or having them come out in September.

Or these 9 are only meant to be temporary and will be cycled out with new ones. I kinda feel like Phoenix and Storm definitely have a finite shelf life in mind

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It’s a crime to pass the phoenix around like it’s an STD
    So much this. Jean and Rachel, period.

Written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    Art by MARCUS TO
    Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Whether he needs to be or not, just saying he probably is if those characters are on X-Force (Forge, Dani, Colossus, Omega Red) and they're showing up in his book. Or if Capullo's doing X-Force and not Wolverine. Again, either way, he's probably on that team.
    Well we have confirmation he is not in this and thank goodness. Whatever images you saw is likely has nothing to do with X-Force as Forge is the only member
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-09-2024 at 10:12 AM.

Wow.
    NOT a team I saw coming but I'm curious. I like the uniforms aspect. LOVE what I'm seeing of Rachel.
    Betsy is no longer CB apparently ?
    Is that NORIKO ??
    Don't care about Deadpool but he should have fun interactions with the rest of the team.
    Is the big guy Colossus ? Yet to be revealed I guess. EDIT : Ah I didn't see the text. The character is "Tank" apparently.

"Fixing the world" is a VAGUE mission statement. I'm intrigued.
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 04-09-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Written by GEOFFREY THORNE
    Art by MARCUS TO
    Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

Well we have confirmation he is not in this and thank goodness. Whatever images you saw is likely has nothing to do with X-Force as Forge is the only member
    Yep. So looks like Capullo is indeed on Wolverine. Cannot freakin’ WAIT for that announcement. Hopefully next week. Fingers crossed. Possibly next month, though, for the August solicits.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

stay tuned tomorrow for another X-Men: From the Ashes series announcement!
    Jean's book or nyx announcement tomorrow! We are eating!

So many conflicting emotions! Thorne has done some solid work on GL, so I’m curious about him. I like To’s work but I don’t see him as a good fit for a more serious team like X-force.
    I don’t know how to feel about the cast, though.
    1) I find Deadpool incredibly annoying, so it’s definitely a bummer that he’s literally front and center here.
    2) I love Betsy and Rachel, so it’s good seeing them here even though I’d rather have them on Excalibur.
    3) SURGE IS FINALLY GETTING A REGULAR ROLE, so that one is awesome and unexpected.
    4) I’m surprised and relieved that Sage is still around, but I wonder how big of a role she will have considering she kind of fills the same niche as Forge.
    5) Forge as leader seems like an interesting choice, even though I wanted Bishop.
    6) WTF is Tank? Is he a new character? Like they couldn’t pick any of the hundreds of existing characters with the same powerset? Frenzy, Guido, Thunderbird, Warpath, Gentle, Rockslide all come to mind.

So yeah. 50/50 on the creative team and basically the same on the roster.

Im hoping NyX is a reunion between Laura and her old friends Kiden, Tatiana, Bobby and Bug.

122f3c32-6262-4c04-b3a5-de4924a0b223.jpg

So many conflicting emotions! Thorne has done some solid work on GL, so I’m curious about him. I like To’s work but I don’t see him as a good fit for a more serious team like X-force.
    I don’t know how to feel about the cast, though.
    1) I find Deadpool incredibly annoying, so it’s definitely a bummer that he’s literally front and center here.
    2) I love Betsy and Rachel, so it’s good seeing them here even though I’d rather have them on Excalibur.
    3) SURGE IS FINALLY GETTING A REGULAR ROLE, so that one is awesome and unexpected.
    4) I’m surprised and relieved that Sage is still around, but I wonder how big of a role she will have considering she kind of fills the same niche as Forge.
    5) Forge as leader seems like an interesting choice, even though I wanted Bishop.
    6) WTF is Tank? Is he a new character? Like they couldn’t pick any of the hundreds of existing characters with the same powerset? Frenzy, Guido, Thunderbird, Warpath, Gentle, Rockslide all come to mind.

So yeah. 50/50 on the creative team and basically the same on the roster.
    Deadpool is just a guest character. I guess they're putting him on the middle of the cover to help with sales.

This is our first reveal that doesn't even remotely line up with that leaked list at all. Obviously there are more titles than were on the list so this may be one of them, but the Phoenix reveal tomorrow should be enlightening